Celebrity, Silhouette, November 1, 2014 - Transatlantic

torjen

I was able to do it this morning online! Bingo!

It was a very small window of opportunity. Now it is not working again :)

Assume you cannot order luggage tags until much closer to sail date, correct?

Scott

Glad you could do it!

It's 49 days out for luggage tags. Getting pretty close!

Judith, how strange - Jens stays on my Captain's Club profile all the time and is always on my reservation when I book a cruise... How strange- what am I doing different from you?

Torsten, thank you for this! Apparently, I must not have fully completed that profile page. I've just done it. I guess I won't know if the fields actually populate until the cruise after this TA, since I've already checked in on line for the TA. (And I guess I have to apologize to X for bashing their web site, though apparently there are plenty of other issues with it.)

Happy weekend to all!

Judith

Glad you could do it!

It's 49 days out for luggage tags. Getting pretty close!

Torsten, thank you for this! Apparently, I must not have fully completed that profile page. I've just done it. I guess I won't know if the fields actually populate until the cruise after this TA, since I've already checked in on line for the TA. (And I guess I have to apologize to X for bashing their web site, though apparently there are plenty of other issues with it.)

Happy weekend to all!

Judith

Judith:

No need to apologize for bashing the website. It deserves a good bashing! In fact, it has for years :) Happily, it's about my only complaint with Celebrity :)

Just booked water taxi to and from airport in Venice to our hotel for our pre-cruise visit. It was the very last thing to do. Nothing left to book now. Just have to bear the excruciating wait :)

Happy weekend, all!

Scott

I swear if the calendar doesn't hurry up I'm going to explode! If you've ever send the movie Sordid Lives, I'm at the point where Lattrell says "I'm going to explode if any more **** hits the fan today."

I'm with you. We haven't had a significant break in quite some time, and really need to get away.

Plus, the September page for the calendar that I make every year on Shutterfly with photos from the prior year has pics of our TA last fall on the Infinity,so every time I look up at it I am SO wanting to get on a ship! :)

Judith

plus the weather here in Germany is getting worse day by day... I really want to go away to warmer climate...

I would usually send smiles from Germany - however we had to put our cat Dolly to sleep late last night - so I am rather sad today... :-(

I would usually send smiles from Germany - however we had to put our cat Dolly to sleep late last night - so I am rather sad today... :-(

I am so very sorry. I know how heartbreaking it is when a beloved pet is gone. My sympathies to both of you. I hope you will be comforted by your memories.

https://rainbowsbridge.com/poem.htm

Judith

plus the weather here in Germany is getting worse day by day... I really want to go away to warmer climate...

I'm sorry to hear that. Losing a pet is losing a family member. I hope fond memories will soon replace your sadness.

Scott

I haven't paid in full so I won't get my tags in time and have to use the ones they will provide in Rome. ;-) thanks for the comfort Judith!!!

Maybe the "final payment policy" is different for European bookings, but our's was due (and paid) LONG ago. Just curious....when is your final payment due?

final due is October 2nd - so who knows if I even will get any tags ... I will have to use the ones portside...

Do you have different rules for the deposit as well? In the U.S., our deposit is fully refundable prior to final payment (75 days out). I've read that for folks in the UK, the deposit is not refundable. Wondering what the rules are on yours, given the later date for your final payment.

• 2 weeks later...

and payment has been made in full.. woopie!!!

yes - we can not cancel for free - I believe we have to pay 10 percent until six months prior to departure and then it goes up to 75 percent until a few weeks before departure.

but all is paid now - it is only a mere 31 days until we are sailing - we found a new apartment in the Frankfurt area so when we are back from the cruise major packing will start. :)

Smiles from Germany and have a great day ! ! !

yes - we can not cancel for free - I believe we have to pay 10 percent until six months prior to departure and then it goes up to 75 percent until a few weeks before departure.

but all is paid now - it is only a mere 31 days until we are sailing - we found a new apartment in the Frankfurt area so when we are back from the cruise major packing will start. :)

Hi Torsten -- now that means all of us are paid up! :)

Congrats on the new apartment --- this is going to be quite a fall season for you.

Looking forward to meeting you in a month.

Judith

So, yes....we're all now official. Betting October is an especially long month this year!

Congrats on the new apartment, Torsten. You guys really are kicking off 2014 in style!

Still awaiting our luggage tags. Always makes it seem all a bit more real when they finally arrive.

Best,

Scott

We're still waiting for edocs! Our TA called today and celebrity told her we were on the list to get them as soon as possible. They seem to blame it on Choice Air, but I don't see why that should be an issue. We don't leave until the 24th so I'm not worried.

Torsten, congrats on paying up and getting a new flat!

Scott, are you and Jan still booked in the San Giorgio on the 31st? If so, lets meet for cocktails/dinner. We should be there around 5:00 or so.

Anyone else getting into Civitavecchia on the 31st?

John

We're still waiting for edocs! Our TA called today and celebrity told her we were on the list to get them as soon as possible. They seem to blame it on Choice Air, but I don't see why that should be an issue. We don't leave until the 24th so I'm not worried.

Torsten, congrats on paying up and getting a new flat!

Scott, are you and Jan still booked in the San Giorgio on the 31st? If so, lets meet for cocktails/dinner. We should be there around 5:00 or so.

Anyone else getting into Civitavecchia on the 31st?

John

Hi John.

Yes, we are still booked into the San Giorgio. We will not be arriving until about 8:30 pm, though. Our flight from Venice gets in about 6, but we have to wait for the hotel shuttle, which, if memory serves, is at 7 or 7:30.

So we have a couple of options. I don't know if you want to wait to eat dinner until about 9:30 (Italian style…plus it is a Friday:) ) or if you would maybe prefer to have a drink (night cap) after we have dinner.

There is a little resto that I kind of have my eye on. Maybe about a half kilometre from the hotel. Some good write-ups. Was thinking of emailing the hotel and seeing if they could make us a reso.

What do you think?

Scott

Hi John.

Yes, we are still booked into the San Giorgio. We will not be arriving until about 8:30 pm, though. Our flight from Venice gets in about 6, but we have to wait for the hotel shuttle, which, if memory serves, is at 7 or 7:30.

So we have a couple of options. I don't know if you want to wait to eat dinner until about 9:30 (Italian style…plus it is a Friday:) ) or if you would maybe prefer to have a drink (night cap) after we have dinner.

There is a little resto that I kind of have my eye on. Maybe about a half kilometre from the hotel. Some good write-ups. Was thinking of emailing the hotel and seeing if they could make us a reso.

What do you think?

Scott

Sounds good to us. Let me check with John and Ed and see what they think.