Celebrity, Silhouette, November 1, 2014 - Transatlantic

torjen

Judith, can you that they actually sold partial packages for the Atlantic crossing? I think on our last cruise they advertised: only today and tomorrow on the day of departure... We got the same package you got. I'm not too keen on alcohol and if I have the eventual cocktail or martini they can add it to the bill.

I'm very excited to meet you all in November.

The sunset bar on 15 is a nice location for sail away. Let's make this happen. I only need to pay our trip on the 2nd of October... But I need to get ESTA organized so that we can finalize the trip arrangements.

Greetings from Berlin ( yup weekend means Berlin )

We've had the full beverage packages on our two TAs, so I can't speak to personal experience re buying a package mid-cruise, but it is discussed a good bit on the main Celebrity board as something one can. Your post above is the first time I've read anything suggesting one might not be able to do this.

Celebrity has a "cruise enhancements" desk where one can speak to the people who sell the beverage packages (though I suppose it's possible they might not have all the info about what's available after boarding). They can be reached directly by calling 800-722-5941 (this of course is a US toll free number).

I hope that your new job in Frankfurt is going well!

I think the whole "main" Roll Call will be at the Sunset Bar for sailaway. How will we all find each other? :)

Judith

I think the whole "main" Roll Call will be at the Sunset Bar for sailaway. How will we all find each other? :)

Judith

Good point! The main roll call has well over a hundred people. Any other locations that might work?

A little follow up on beverage packages for anyone who might not have received this email from Celebrity: now through Sept. 12, there's a 10% sale on the Premium Beverage Package for sail dates that include our TA. The sale brings the price down to about what it was months ago when you could still buy beverage packages pre-cruise for less than you can buy them on board. (As best I can tell, the sale is only for the Premium Alcoholic Package.)

Judith

A little follow up on beverage packages for anyone who might not have received this email from Celebrity: now through Sept. 12, there's a 10% sale on the Premium Beverage Package for sail dates that include our TA. The sale brings the price down to about what it was months ago when you could still buy beverage packages pre-cruise for less than you can buy them on board. (As best I can tell, the sale is only for the Premium Alcoholic Package.)

Judith

Thanks, Judith. I noticed I got one of these. Giving it some serious thought. Not sure if really worth it, but the convenience of having anything you want when you want it might be!

Scott

Thanks, Judith. I noticed I got one of these. Giving it some serious thought. Not sure if really worth it, but the convenience of having anything you want when you want it might be!

Scott

If you just look at the dollars, then I doubt it's "worth it" for most people. But the unquantifiable convenience factor is really huge. You just order stuff you feel like having, or feel like trying, and never think twice about it. That's a big plus on vacation.

On our first Celebrity cruise, which was also our first TA, I bought the Premium package for Eileen as a surprise, and now she won't sail without it! :eek::)

Judith

We just came home on the QM. It was WONDERFUL!!! I did post something on another thread as someone posted something about homophobia on the QM. We thought totally, totally, NOT the case! Don't know what the OP's problem was, other then he maybe thought he should be treated as though he were Queen Elizabeth (well....some sort of queen). Anyway, we had a wonderful time in England and a wonderful crossing. Looking forward to September on the Cape,which is my favorite time to be on the New England shore. Weather is delightful, crowds are gone! Happy Labor Day everyone!!!!

Time for a friendly little bump, as our merry group dropped to page 2 :(

How is everyone doing?

Scott

Page 2, oh no! :eek:

I hope everyone in the US and Canada had a great Labor/Labour Day weekend.

Hard to believe we are now under two months!

Judith

Page 2, oh no! :eek:

I hope everyone in the US and Canada had a great Labor/Labour Day weekend.

Hard to believe we are now under two months!

Judith

I know. It is really starting to sink in, as I put the final touches on tours, hotels, etc.

Can't wait!

We had a great Labour Day weekend…although the weather could have been better. Oh well. Hope you did, too!

Cheers,

Scott

Oh…and has anyone else been experience trouble with the Celebrity website?

It is a hot mess.

For the past couple of weeks now, I have not been able to access my reservation.

Today I logged in and my reservation disappeared completely :(

When I tried to re-add it, I kept getting an error message…a different one than I had when it was not letting me access my reservation.

It really is frustrating.

I don't know why Celebrity lets this go on and on and on and on.

I've never had a good experience with their website. Really frustrating.

Scott

Oh…and has anyone else been experience trouble with the Celebrity website?

It is a hot mess.

For the past couple of weeks now, I have not been able to access my reservation.

Today I logged in and my reservation disappeared completely :(

When I tried to re-add it, I kept getting an error message…a different one than I had when it was not letting me access my reservation.

It really is frustrating.

I don't know why Celebrity lets this go on and on and on and on.

I've never had a good experience with their website. Really frustrating.

Scott

I had a hell of a time trying to purchase the drinks package. At first it looked like you could only purchase in room bar setups. But I finally got to where I needed to be. They certainly didnt make it easy.

Well, I decided this morning to complete the online check in to see if that might resolve some of my issues with the website. No go.

In fact, it won't let me proceed beyond the second stage, which is the part where you accept the terms and agreements.

I tried several times, and once I fill out the information and click, I get a complete blank page. Absolutely nothing.

Luckily, we have been on Celebrity enough to know that we really like it. However, I have yet to have a single cruise (out of 6) where the website was not acting up. It seems like the situation just goes from bad to worse to horrible.

If I were a first-time cruiser, I'd be getting pretty concerned about whom I was dealing with.

As it is, I'm frustrated beyond description with all the time I have been wasting trying to make the Celebrity website work. I've tried different browsers, different entry points and still the same.

What a mess!

Celebrity: Please do something!

Scott

Well, I decided this morning to complete the online check in to see if that might resolve some of my issues with the website. No go.

In fact, it won't let me proceed beyond the second stage, which is the part where you accept the terms and agreements.

I tried several times, and once I fill out the information and click, I get a complete blank page. Absolutely nothing.

Luckily, we have been on Celebrity enough to know that we really like it. However, I have yet to have a single cruise (out of 6) where the website was not acting up. It seems like the situation just goes from bad to worse to horrible.

If I were a first-time cruiser, I'd be getting pretty concerned about whom I was dealing with.

As it is, I'm frustrated beyond description with all the time I have been wasting trying to make the Celebrity website work. I've tried different browsers, different entry points and still the same.

What a mess!

Celebrity: Please do something!

Scott

Maybe it has a bug up its a&$& about Canadians. Just kidding.

I checked in online several weeks ago and had no problem. Have you called Celebrity directly?

I hope I'm not jinxing myself for the future, but I had no problems with on line check in either, although I do hate Celebrity's web site for not making things easier where it can. For example, not being able to save your spouse's name and other info with yours so that you don't always have to enter all her data every time. But I guess I shouldn't complain, given all the ways that X's web site is so often messed up on more direct things.

Scott, I hope you've been able to straighten things out. If not, I would call the Captain's Club directly (800-760-0654); those folks generally know what they are doing and are very helpful.

Judith

I hope I'm not jinxing myself for the future, but I had no problems with on line check in either, although I do hate Celebrity's web site for not making things easier where it can. For example, not being able to save your spouse's name and other info with yours so that you don't always have to enter all her data every time. But I guess I shouldn't complain, given all the ways that X's web site is so often messed up on more direct things.

Scott, I hope you've been able to straighten things out. If not, I would call the Captain's Club directly (800-760-0654); those folks generally know what they are doing and are very helpful.

Judith

I was able to do it this morning online! Bingo!

It was a very small window of opportunity. Now it is not working again :)

Assume you cannot order luggage tags until much closer to sail date, correct?

Scott

Judith

Judith, how strange - Jens stays on my Captain's Club profile all the time and is always on my reservation when I book a cruise... How strange- what am I doing different from you?

Online Check-In... Mhmmm... I have finalized ESTA last weekend, I might aswell check in online this weekend.

I am getting quite excited about the trip and meeting you all. Sorry for not being very active on this board, but the new job and life in a new city is taken a bit of my idle time away...

But as some Austrain once said: I will be back.

Have an amazing weekend everyone and see you on facebook, here on on the first of November ! ! !

I was able to do it this morning online! Bingo!

It was a very small window of opportunity. Now it is not working again :)

Assume you cannot order luggage tags until much closer to sail date, correct?

Scott

Glad you got it to work. E-docs and luggage tags are issued 45 days out (I think)

Judith, how strange - Jens stays on my Captain's Club profile all the time and is always on my reservation when I book a cruise... How strange- what am I doing different from you?

Online Check-In... Mhmmm... I have finalized ESTA last weekend, I might aswell check in online this weekend.

I am getting quite excited about the trip and meeting you all. Sorry for not being very active on this board, but the new job and life in a new city is taken a bit of my idle time away...

But as some Austrain once said: I will be back.

Have an amazing weekend everyone and see you on facebook, here on on the first of November ! ! !

Hope the new job is working well. Are you commuting back to Berlin every weekend? It gets old after awhile. I commuted on weekends for two years after we bought our house in Palm Springs.