www.

facebook.com/

groups/TACRUISE/

:)

Smiles from Germany

Torsten

Edited by torjen

Hi everyone.

Ken and Don here from Ft Lauderdale Florida.

This is our second TA on Celebrity.

Arriving in rome October 26.

Looking forward to meeting you all on board.

Ken / Fort Lauderdale

Upcoming Cruises:

Celebrity Silhouette Transatlantic Nov 1, 2014

Allure of the Seas Transatlantic Oct 25, 2015

Welcome! Phil and I are arriving in Rome on the 25th and staying in a flat near St. John Lateran. Where are you staying?

Hi everyone.

Ken and Don here from Ft Lauderdale Florida.

This is our second TA on Celebrity.

Arriving in rome October 26.

Looking forward to meeting you all on board.

Ken / Fort Lauderdale

Upcoming Cruises:

Celebrity Silhouette Transatlantic Nov 1, 2014

Allure of the Seas Transatlantic Oct 25, 2015

Hi Ken and Don

Look forward to meeting you on board with all the other great people on here.

Cheers,

Scott (and Jan)

Well, this cruise now paid in full and all travel arrangements made. Starting to look like it will really happen!

Scott

We are paid too and have our express boarding passes. Now just waiting for luggage tags. So ready to go!

We are paid up as well. That makes it pretty real now.

We've been listening to some of Rick Steves' Audio Europe Rome guide interviews in the car. (General overviews, food, etc.) It's really increasing our excitement (not that it would take much). :)

Judith

We are paid up as well. That makes it pretty real now.

We've been listening to some of Rick Steves' Audio Europe Rome guide interviews in the car. (General overviews, food, etc.) It's really increasing our excitement (not that it would take much). :)

Judith

Check out this restaurant. I thin RS talks about it. I ate here about 15 years ago and still remember the antipasti. They are all regional specialties.

http://www.sacroeprofanoroma.com/2/

Facing the eternal dilemma: Should we buy a drink package or not?

Was wondering how many of you have--and which one you went for?

I do really like the convenience of them, plus the fact that the tips are all looked after in advance.

However, I really wonder if they are worth it or not.

I would definitely have a fresh juice or two in the morning, along with a couple of lattes during the day. I'd definitely grab a couple of bottles of water. Maybe an alcoholic beverage or two in the afternoon. I do like a couple of drinks before dinner, but we are Elite, so will likely get coupons for the vodka and tonics. It is nice to order a few different glasses of wine with dinner, for sure…and we did that on our last cruise. But there were times when I felt that it might have been nicer just to order a good bottle. Also like a drink or two at the Molecular Bar…my favourite...and they can be pricey.

So I really don't know what to do. Sigh. I felt on our last Caribbean that I probably broke even, even though there were days when I was hardly having anything. Not sure about Jan.

What are others thinking?

Scott (and Jan)

Edited by TorontoSailor

I do really like the convenience of them, plus the fact that the tips are all looked after in advance.

However, I really wonder if they are worth it or not.

I would definitely have a fresh juice or two in the morning, along with a couple of lattes during the day. I'd definitely grab a couple of bottles of water. Maybe an alcoholic beverage or two in the afternoon. I do like a couple of drinks before dinner, but we are Elite, so will likely get coupons for the vodka and tonics. It is nice to order a few different glasses of wine with dinner, for sure…and we did that on our last cruise. But there were times when I felt that it might have been nicer just to order a good bottle. Also like a drink or two at the Molecular Bar…my favourite...and they can be pricey.

So I really don't know what to do. Sigh. I felt on our last Caribbean that I probably broke even, even though there were days when I was hardly having anything. Not sure about Jan.

What are others thinking?

Scott (and Jan)

We're elite too, so I think the package doesn't make a lot of sense. On our last Caribbean cruise, two of the guys got the package and damn near drank all day, every day, just to break even. I like my cocktails, but I do have a limit!

That said, on our 4 day LA-Santa Barbara-Ensenada cruise, we got the package and it paid off (we don't have any status on Princess). Another thing we found out is that the individual waiters don't get much of a tip when you have the package. The bartenders and managers get the majority of it. So I tipped extra in cash.

John

However, I really wonder if they are worth it or not. ...

I think if you just look at it in terms of dollars (particularly for you and others who are Elite and getting several free drinks a day), it's probably not "worth it" (unless you are three sheets to the wind by noon :eek: ). But for us, apart from the fact that we are not Elite (yet!), the intangible benefit of the "all inclusiveness" of having a beverage package is worth a great deal. We've had beverage packages on both of our TAs, and we feel they really added to our enjoyment by our just not having to think twice about the cost of a drink, be it a martini before dinner or a bottle of San Pellegrino with lunch, sodas to take back to the cabin, etc.

For this TA, Eileen has the Premium Alcoholic Package; I don't drink that much alcohol, so I have the Premium Non-alcoholic Package. We bought them earlier this year before Celebrity raised the prices. One thing to consider, since our cruise starts out so port-intensive, is waiting until we leave the Med and just buying a package for the remaining days.

Judith

I think if you just look at it in terms of dollars (particularly for you and others who are Elite and getting several free drinks a day), it's probably not "worth it" (unless you are three sheets to the wind by noon :eek: ). But for us, apart from the fact that we are not Elite (yet!), the intangible benefit of the "all inclusiveness" of having a beverage package is worth a great deal. We've had beverage packages on both of our TAs, and we feel they really added to our enjoyment by our just not having to think twice about the cost of a drink, be it a martini before dinner or a bottle of San Pellegrino with lunch, sodas to take back to the cabin, etc.

For this TA, Eileen has the Premium Alcoholic Package; I don't drink that much alcohol, so I have the Premium Non-alcoholic Package. We bought them earlier this year before Celebrity raised the prices. One thing to consider, since our cruise starts out so port-intensive, is waiting until we leave the Med and just buying a package for the remaining days.

Judith

Thanks for the reminder about buying a partial package. That just might work for those very long sea days :)

We started getting the premium package a few cruises ago and never looked back. We are Elite Plus so we can do the social hour but we never bother with that because I always want stuff that is not on the list.

I like to sometimes have a fresh juice at breakfast and maybe an Aspen Coffee or Latte or two before breakfast. So at least $15 before tip right there.

Depending on my mood I want a few Chandons during the day at $11 each. Some beer by the pool, gin and tonic for sail away or sundowners - a few martinis before dinner $11 each, wine with dinner - and Evian for the night etc.

So for me not only do I save a lot of money but I also do not come home with a big bill. Also nice that I can try my favorite stuff like Ciroc vodka or Belvedere that I would not normally drink at home.

Most people will probably consume a lot less than me - but this is what I like to do when on vacation :)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Judith, can you that they actually sold partial packages for the Atlantic crossing? I think on our last cruise they advertised: only today and tomorrow on the day of departure... We got the same package you got. I'm not too keen on alcohol and if I have the eventual cocktail or martini they can add it to the bill.

I'm very excited to meet you all in November.

The sunset bar on 15 is a nice location for sail away. Let's make this happen. I only need to pay our trip on the 2nd of October... But I need to get ESTA organized so that we can finalize the trip arrangements.

Greetings from Berlin ( yup weekend means Berlin )