mdr table for 2 .. 12 inches apart... butt or groin?????

Jldevlin

We are off to Hawaii tomorrow on our first Carnival cruise. We have a few other lines under our belt and we have found we really dont enjoy eating with 6 strangers. Yes I know lots of you do but we like to eat by ourselves.

I know many of you also like to eat at a table for 2 .. the problem being the teeny little space between the tables. Hubby is 6 foot and 220 so he will sit in the first seat which of course leaves me to wiggle into the one behind.

So lets say you are already at your table ... I have to get into mine ... I have 2 choices... slide my butt over my table .. knocking the bread basket to the floor and while trying to keep my " groinal region " from touching your table and doing a fancy spin to get into my seat...

OR .... going in backwards with a tight clenching of the cheeks to keep your glassware on the table ...but my rear is still close to your table ... that is your first view of me .. how do you like me so far ?????

So if you are my new buddies for the meal ... which do you prefer ?? butt??? or groin????

I know many of you also like to eat at a table for 2 .. the problem being the teeny little space between the tables. Hubby is 6 foot and 220 so he will sit in the first seat which of course leaves me to wiggle into the one behind.

___ ____ ____

___ ____ ____

The tables are 12 inches apart on the sides, not all the way around. Please walk behind me to get to your seat. Don't try to go between the tables. I want to enjoy my dinner. :)

___ ____ ____

___ ____ ____

The tables are 12 inches apart on the sides, not all the way around. Please walk behind me to get to your seat. Don't try to go between the tables. I want to enjoy my dinner. :)

On some ships the two-tops share the same banquette on one side and chairs on the other.

IIRC the Fanstasy class ships and the Splendor have this 'feature'. Do not remember if the Spirit class has it.

On some ships the two-tops share the same banquette on one side and chairs on the other.

IIRC the Fanstasy class ships and the Splendor have this 'feature'. Do not remember if the Spirit class has it.

I don't remember seeing that on the Fantasy but we sat at a table no more than 12 inches from the next on the Fantasy. Hated it. I felt as if I was interrupting the conversation at the next table if I spoke.

___ ____ ____

___ ____ ____

The Conquest class and the Dream class ships also have lots of tables with a booth on one side and a chair on the other.

When I am being seated I always ask the waiter to please scoot the table over so I have more room to be seated and then I face what ever direction the table is scooted toward because that's the direction I'm going to slide into the seat.

When we're ready to leave, we scoot the table over ourselves.

It's a bit of a hassle for the waiter, but Carnival created this very uncomfortable seating arrangement so they will just have to deal with it.

OP, I have faced this dilemma at restaurants here at home. I always opt for facing the other table. It just seems more polite to face the other people than to turn my back to them. jmo

Yeah it is not my back I worry about turning their way lol ... I know they have to fit lots of tables in but ..... sigh ..... just a little more room would be nice ..

___ ____ ____

___ ____ ____

You need to trust me on this .... I will go to great lengths to avoid the squeeze ... if there is a way around I will take it. I am not a large woman .. I am a size 8 at the start of the cruise and a 12 at the end ... and I really do not want to ruin your meal lol ....

I go with butt so I don't have to SEE them being uncomfortable. Ignorance is bliss.

But I'd also smack my husband around ahead of time and tell him he either takes the chair that requires squeezing OR graciously moves the chair so I can meander by, then puts the chair back and takes his seat.

I probably wouldn't have to since he's usually more observant about these things than I am. But I would if it was necessary!

I go with butt so I don't have to SEE them being uncomfortable. Ignorance is bliss.

But I'd also smack my husband around ahead of time and tell him he either takes the chair that requires squeezing OR graciously moves the chair so I can meander by, then puts the chair back and takes his seat.

I probably wouldn't have to since he's usually more observant about these things than I am. But I would if it was necessary!

Awesome :p

Archived