Older, smaller worries

. . . Your also more likely to get a window view in the MDR than on a bigger ship.

Sorry, not true in my experience. On two cruises where we had window tables, Independence had floor to ceiling windows -- Jewel had smaller round windows.

We have cruised on the Oasis, Freedom and Liberty. Loved all of them. This past July we were on the Radiance. We are not into doing the flow rider or rock climbing but I do enjoy skating and the Royal Promenade. The Radiance has none of these bit I still really enjoyed the ship. We are both closing in on 60 years old and the smaller ship so much easier to get around. No mile long hall ways. The Radiance is a very nice ship with lots to offer.

No one has mentioned the Legend which I believe is the smallest ship in the fleet. We're doing it in 9 days :eek: but won't be comparing it to larger ships as it's our first cruise. Is the size why it's not as popular as other ships?

I don't know about not being popular, but I think each type of ship has different features, and it is probably perceived that newer bigger ships have more exciting new things, but I personally feel that with continual refurbishing program, they are adding features across the fleet as they come up with ideas.

We found Voyager, which was about half as big again compared to Rhapsody and Radiance, to have smaller feeling bar areas and just different layouts in all areas that work better for some people than others. It had less eating venue options than Radiance also, and I was not a fan of the inside promenade area. Some people love that format however.

After being on Voyager I personally am finding myself quite reluctant to go on an even bigger ship. I could be wrong, and time and opportunity will tell.

No one has mentioned the Legend which I believe is the smallest ship in the fleet. We're doing it in 9 days :eek: but won't be comparing it to larger ships as it's our first cruise. Is the size why it's not as popular as other ships?

Legend has been in Asia for a long time, and those cruises don't seem to get as much attention on Cruise Critic.

I think that it has more to do with where the Legend has been based for the last few years more than anything. The Legend and Splendour are sister ships and we really enjoyed the Splendour.

One of these days I'm going to snag one of the corner afts! I thought 2 yrs out would be enough lead time. See you SSB on the Navigator. Are you coming to the wine crawl? If you are in the hallway, you'll see me and my glass!

Margee

Hi Margee

We would love to and probably will,

but also have good friends on ship from previous

cruises to see and are planning to get with them also.

We will bring friends also depending on what they want to do.

Will look forward to meeting all of y'all.

Lee and Mary (Galveston Cruiser) .

Archived