Sapphire/Coki

MelGurl

Can't decide what beach to do? My fiancé I will be here in October we only have 1 other ship with us in port. I have done Meagan’s Bay in the past but it was raining (no fun) my fiancé loves the sea life and will snorkel, I unfortunately have really bad ears and won’t spend too much time in the water snorkeling. So we also need good sand and beach for me!

TIA

Also having been to both, I prefer Coki ... Also, if your fiance really wants something spectacular he could go to Coral World, next to Coki, and do a helmet dive ... walk across the bottom of the water and really, REALLY see the marine life.

Can't decide what beach to do? My fiancé I will be here in October we only have 1 other ship with us in port. I have done Meagan’s Bay in the past but it was raining (no fun) my fiancé loves the sea life and will snorkel, I unfortunately have really bad ears and won’t spend too much time in the water snorkeling. So we also need good sand and beach for me!

TIA

Have been to both:

Don't go to Coki, unless you want to be hasseled by vendors or local guys...

Sapphire is heavenly.....

I have been to Coki two times and was never harassed by a vendor. The only vendor was a local selling coconuts. When you get to Coki you will be greeted by a beach worker who will set you up with chairs wherever you would like to sit. You will also be assign a server for food and drinks.

How much is a taxi to Coki? And are they the ones that wait until they are full before they will head off? I've read conflicting posts on different boards. Is it pretty easy to get one there and then back to the ship?

I know when we were in St Thomas, they waited until the van was completely packed...like sardines packed. :rolleyes:

How much is a taxi to Coki? And are they the ones that wait until they are full before they will head off? I've read conflicting posts on different boards. Is it pretty easy to get one there and then back to the ship?

They have mini vans, safari style vans and cars and the cost is 11.00 p/p ea. way. Plenty of taxis back to the ship.

Sapphire is beautiful but when I was there it was lacking beach service, eating choices and a clean restroom. Has it changed for the good ?

Sapphire Beach is home to 3 condo resorts. The main restaurant is still closed but there are at least 3 food and drink options and there are runners on the beach taking orders.

The Banana Cabana between bldgs B & C has an excellent Maui Maui sandwich. There is a restaurant behind the Sapphire marina, and a runner takes orders for pizza in Red Hook. So there are plenty of options, and the restrooms are great, much nicer than other beach restrooms.

We've been to all of the STT beaches and although we love Coki Sapphire would be my recommendation for the OP. excellent snorkeling, and a beautiful soft sand beach with abundant shade and beautiful water and islandv

views.

Archived