International Cafe

travelgal

Hi All

The IC has no formal menu,

has a soup of the day,

salads

and just loads of nice stuff,

yours Shogun

Gosh, I've been to IC bunches of times but have never tried the "soup of the day". Has anyone else? Is it normally good?

LuLu

~~~~

Hi all

Quite often soup of the day is what is in the MDR at night

I have never heard anyone say a bad word about the soup

The breakfast muffin is very good as well

Yours Shogun

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Forums mobile app

Here are some pictures taken at different times of the day from my cruise on Ruby Princess:

8303063666_931c0cac4c_z.jpg

8303071044_a4f6dfb58e_z.jpg

8303067294_d09f37c3b3_z.jpg

8303066110_c44f01447f_z.jpg

8303069856_28fc9c8f0d_z.jpg

8303068558_ab57f39dac_z.jpg

I really enjoy the IC! I've recently found out the I'm diebetic. It sure made me happy to see a sugar-free mousse in the last photo. I hope they will have other sugar-free items! Does anyone know if they offer more sugar-free items?

Gosh, I've been to IC bunches of times but have never tried the "soup of the day". Has anyone else? Is it normally good?

LuLu

~~~~

Tried the soup on our first night of our cruise because the wait for the dining rooms was 1 1/2 hours long. Cream of mushroom soup and shrimp salad from the IC made a wonderful dinner until we could get into the MDR for dessert (didn't want to miss the honeydew sorbet, waiter did seem confused that all we wanted was dessert, and two of them for each of us at that) The soup was very very good.

Now, lest you worry about my experience of a 1 1/2 hour wait to get into an anytime dining room, our departure was delayed over an hour and everyone on board seemed to want to be on deck while we headed out from San Pedro and once we passed the breakwater everyone headed straight to dinner. Normally they don't have a huge crush (except right after the Captains welcome back "party" Tip, skip the party and go to dinner then.

Jackie

Our cabin is going to be mere steps from the Piazza, the International Cafe, and Vines the wine bar . And then just a few more steps to our anytime Dining Room.

I have a sneaking feeling that we will live on Level 5! :D

Exactly why some people love the Plaza Deck:)

We love the Plaza deck and have stayed there on all but the cruise we leave on tomorrow! We will see if we have withdrawal! They bake peanut butter cookies and they are great! The bran muffins are my breakfast start ever day! They will make you a lovely fruit and cheese plate in the afternoon to have with your glass of wine too! The barista lives right next door and makes for a perfect morning with my iPad!

Oh, I had no idea IC was open on disembarkment day. We usually go to the dining room because it just feels faster and less chaotic. Now I fear that IC just might become too popular! ;) Their salads and cookies are too die for! Totally agree on those comments ...husband does enjoy his gelato each day! Thanks again folks - learning more and more each day -

Oh, I had no idea IC was open on disembarkment day. We usually go to the dining room because it just feels faster and less chaotic. Now I fear that IC just might become too popular! ;) Their salads and cookies are too die for! Totally agree on those comments ...husband does enjoy his gelato each day! Thanks again folks - learning more and more each day -

As mentioned earlier, the IC is open 24 Hours a Day EVERYDAY! :)

It's actually quite convenient on disembarkation day.

LuLu

~~~~

Our cabin is going to be mere steps from the Piazza, the International Cafe, and Vines the wine bar . And then just a few more steps to our anytime Dining Room.

I have a sneaking feeling that we will live on Level 5! :D

Do be sure to give the MDR a try for lunch on At Sea days.

On your upcoming Emerald, that will be Da Vinci (Deck 6).

LuLu

~~~~

I really enjoy the IC! I've recently found out the I'm diebetic. It sure made me happy to see a sugar-free mousse in the last photo. I hope they will have other sugar-free items! Does anyone know if they offer more sugar-free items?

I do try and opt for sugar free varieties myself when given the chance, but saw very few offerings at the International Cafe on Ruby Princess. For those cruising on Royal Princess The Pastry Shop is more apt to have a larger selection of sugar-free desserts since it can offer some items the IC will not. Those are also at no additional charge just like the IC.

Raving about chicken salad! The best I've ever had, cant wait to have it again!

Robin

We just returned from a transatlantic on the Caribbean Princess. Sadly, the chicken salad wasn't nearly as good as what we've eaten on their other ships. There were more apples than chicken!

We just returned from a transatlantic on the Caribbean Princess. Sadly, the chicken salad wasn't nearly as good as what we've eaten on their other ships. There were more apples than chicken!

Something has happened to the chicken salad and not only on the CB. They've added more mayo and less chicken. I stopped eating it on my last two cruises; Coral and Grand.

Something has happened to the chicken salad and not only on the CB. They've added more mayo and less chicken. I stopped eating it on my last two cruises; Coral and Grand.

I agree...it is not the same as when it was when they first offered it in the IC. Not even close to the same. Notice that with the shrimp salad, also. Many less shrimp per spoon full serving.

Hi Pia,

You need to try the salad on the Royal, if not exactly the way you want

just ask the chef to chance things for you, when there were no queues

they were happy to meet passenger requests.

yours Shogun

Are they mixing it back there, Shogun? I would think it comes down from the galley already prepared. Maybe not. They should just not drown it in mayo.

Hi Pia

Its pre made but saw folks requesting no nuts and no celery

Did not appear to be a problem in them doing this

I did find the shrimp to wet and asked if could be drained off

Yours Shogun

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Forums mobile app

Archived