Time between first and second upsell offer

cruz chic

Is there anyone that has received one upsell offer that was really high and then got another one a bit later that was more reasonable? I paid X dollars per day for my Alaska cruise and this one was almost double. I am not taking it. If you got another one how much later was it? The reason I ask is because my ta is useless and I want to estimate when I should contact her again. I realize it might never come but at that price I wonder how many bites they will get. Thx.

Is there anyone that has received one upsell offer that was really high and then got another one a bit later that was more reasonable? I paid X dollars per day for my Alaska cruise and this one was almost double. I am not taking it. If you got another one how much later was it? The reason I ask is because my ta is useless and I want to estimate when I should contact her again. I realize it might never come but at that price I wonder how many bites they will get. Thx.

Not me, but Canadianbear got her offers one week apart and the second was $100 less than the first one, pp. She would tell you herself but right now she's somewhere off Ketchikan in a storm!

Not me, but Canadianbear got her offers one week apart and the second was $100 less than the first one, pp. She would tell you herself but right now she's somewhere off Ketchikan in a storm!

Thx for the info. Looks like I'll be in the cheap seats. I love the pinnacle for brekie more than anything but I just can't justify the stupid high price. $200 less (double for single supp) isn't going to cut it for me. It's still uber high. One thing I did get since my useless ta is away is another $300 obc because someone is filling in for her. She previously told me I wouldn't be getting anything else from Hal even though there was been huge price drops. I may have to do another semi live from the Eurodam.

Last year we had an upsell offer at about 10 days and took it. We met someone onboard that got the same offer and passed. A few days later she received another one at 50% less and took it.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Forums mobile app

Thx for the answers. I think there has been a major misunderstanding about this. I heard about the upsell second hand. I spoke with a fill in agent for my ta and I told her I was interested in an upsell to a suite. I think she phoned reservations and they quoted her the price for the price difference for the sz. Wow, I really need to deal with Hal when booking my cruises. What a mess.

Thx for the info. Looks like I'll be in the cheap seats. I love the pinnacle for brekie more than anything but I just can't justify the stupid high price. $200 less (double for single supp) isn't going to cut it for me. It's still uber high. One thing I did get since my useless ta is away is another $300 obc because someone is filling in for her. She previously told me I wouldn't be getting anything else from Hal even though there was been huge price drops. I may have to do another semi live from the Eurodam.

I have no idea what Canadianbear ended up paying, but her upsell to Neptune cost $49 pp. When we took ours, on the first offer about a week before sailing, it was $149 pp.

First off it was $349 each double occ. for neptune from SY. Two to 3 weeks later it dropped to $199 ea and we went for it. I was not impressed with Neptune on the Zuiderdam. Would have been OK for one but not two.

Omigod, we had so much room it was fabulous! Maybe some of them are different??

I have no idea what Canadianbear ended up paying, but her upsell to Neptune cost $49 pp. When we took ours, on the first offer about a week before sailing, it was $149 pp.

That's a smokin' price. This was a few thousand dollars. Clearly the TA was very confused about what I wanted. I'll phone tomorrow and give her precise details and the phone number to call. This is a large agency that deals just with cruises. I just don't understand how they can be so clueless. Scary really.

We are 16 days out from our next cruise and for the first time have booked direct with HAL. We've never been offered an upsell. Is this only something people get offered in the US/Canada (we're in the UK)? Do we have to ring and ask? If so, is it about the right time to ask?

Mumsy.

Are you saying that you want to do an upsell to SZ? Are you aware that they do not get the Suite perks like the Pinnacle for breakfast?

No I want an SA/SB/SC. When I phoned I think she misunderstood and thought I wanted to upgrade by paying the going rate to go to a SZ. I'm going to need to call again being very, very specific and hope she gets it this time. I said upsell but clearly they just don't get it.

We are 16 days out from our next cruise and for the first time have booked direct with HAL. We've never been offered an upsell. Is this only something people get offered in the US/Canada (we're in the UK)? Do we have to ring and ask? If so, is it about the right time to ask?

Mumsy.

Do you have a PCC? I would call. I'm fairly sure I've seen folks in other locations say that they do get them.

Our favorite HA upsell offer happened on Prinsendam cruise where we had paid approximately $23,000 (total for 2) for our cabin. About a month before the cruise our TA called us and was laughing as she relayed the fax she had from HA. They were offering us an upsell to a Penthouse cabin for "only" $9,999 (this is true). We joined her with the laughter and in a light mood I suggested she make HA a counteroffer of $4,999.99. Our TA did relay this back to HA who never responded. When we were on the ship, that upsell cabin remained empty for most of the 2 months we were aboard. So, HA in their infinite wisdom lost out on the extra money, we saved the money, and our original cabin was quite fine.

Hank

So I finally got a TA to call the proper line at HAL. The upsell offer was not extended to my booking according to them, so upsells do not go out to everyone in a certain catagory. They would let me upgrade for the small sum of $3500 which is a little less than what I paid for this cruise. I'm taking a pass on this one. Thanks for nothing HAL!

Is there anyone that has received one upsell offer that was really high../QUOTE]

I got an upsell "CA-FF to A-BC" but have no idea what this means. Can anyone help?

(If it is from the steerage to a veranda, does it make sense in October in Canada/New England?)

Thanks

Is there anyone that has received one upsell offer that was really high../QUOTE]

I got an upsell "CA-FF to A-BC" but have no idea what this means. Can anyone help?

(If it is from the steerage to a veranda, does it make sense in October in Canada/New England?)

Thanks

Yes, it would be to a veranda. I've never had a veranda on the smaller ships so there are likely other posters that are able to give you better info than I can.

Not steerage at all. This is from an outside to what used to be called a mini-suite.

The cabin is about the same size, but configured differently. There is a decent sized balcony, but it's about half the size of the balconies in a full suite.

Omigod, we had so much room it was fabulous! Maybe some of them are different??

They lack the drawers found in the R and S class ships. Also, our beds were configured as twins putting one of them up against the wall of the bathroom. Not at all acceptable to me. We were two women sharing. I would never pay for a Neptune suite on a vista ship again.

lorekauf, can you transfer the booking from your useless TA to a useful TA or HAL directly? This suggestion probably shows my lack of knowledge re transferring bookings but... possibly you would get a better upsell with someone else? I hope you do another "live from." Cherie

Archived