Excursion Refunds?

Hubby and I have never booked an excursion with the ship as we usually just like to go to the nearest beach and sit for a few hours and take a taxi. In Falmouth, however, it seems that you can only go to Chucka Beach with the RC excursion which is fine. It really looks very nice. I was just wondering if there will be room to book it at the last minute on the boat. Reason I'm thinking is that we might decide we don't want to go to the beach that day if the weather is lousy. If we do book and there was a down pour would you be able to get your money refunded? Thanks for any advise.

The cancellation policy is as follows: cancel three days before departure, full refund to your credit card. Once on board, cancel 24 hours prior to the excursion, full refund as an OBC. If canceled by RCI on board, full refund as OBC or full credit applied to another excursion, your choice. You cancel less than 24 hours in advance, no refund.

Once on board check the shore excursion desk for availability if not booked in advance.

Each excursion has it's own cancel by timeframe policy (usually 24-48 hours prior to excursion departure time)..Check yours, but once you're onboard it will be an OBC only. You might be able to book this onboard but remember very popular excursions do sell out. Best of luck.

The cancellation policy is as follows: cancel three days before departure, full refund to your credit card. Once on board, cancel 24 hours prior to the excursion, full refund as an OBC. If canceled by RCI on board, full refund as OBC or full credit applied to another excursion, your choice. You cancel less than 24 hours in advance, no refund.

Once on board check the shore excursion desk for availability if not booked in advance.

Good info. I would abide by that. :)

We reserved the Chukka Beach Break while on board. The morning of, the weather was beautiful, but my husband had gotten sun burnt in Grand Cayman the day before, so I went to the desk when it opened that morning to try and cancel. Because the excursion was full and there was a waiting list, I had no trouble cancelling for a full refund to my onboard account.

We reserved the Chukka Beach Break while on board. The morning of, the weather was beautiful, but my husband had gotten sun burnt in Grand Cayman the day before, so I went to the desk when it opened that morning to try and cancel. Because the excursion was full and there was a waiting list, I had no trouble cancelling for a full refund to my onboard account.

Very true, and there are always exceptions to the policy - and RCI will always try to accommodate you. In your case there was a potential medical concern along with the other factors you indicate.

But there are no guarantees of the outcome you describe and what I indicated is the policy RCI has in place for the OP to consider.

Archived