Anyone try the men's shave?

allfloridagirl

For those who have done the men's shave service, do you recommend the 30 min, 45 min or 55 min session? What has been your experience, good or bad? Normally, we do not go to the salon or spa but our upcoming trip in December, I would like to booked now, especially since we want our salon services on the formal night.

We've done the photos a few times in past cruises and some of our best portraits have been taken while on our cruises. Last cruise was nearly 5 years now, so we are looking forward to formal night, mainly to get another picture of us, so we're both going to get all dolled up this trip.

Knowing my husband, I'll have to drag him ticking and screaming all the way to the salon, so my gut tells me book the shortest session, as it may be more painful for him to endure than his recent dental appointment. However, he has made numerous comments before of how our photos could have been even better, if he had gotten a better shave.

Any thoughts or experiences you can share, I would appreciate it.

....rather more than that now, I'm afraid.

I had both on the Sea from BA to LA last March.

Had to.

I rather enjoyed the experience, especially the shave part. It was nice to have someone else take care of me.

The facial was a joy.

Of course they try to up-sell their products but if you can get past that aspect of the process you'll have a pleasant time. I really liked the hot towels on the face at the end.

Do it. Pamper yourself.

Mr. A

Total waste of money and with the upselling and product pushing you will be subject to its not a good experience.

I can do as good a job in a few minutes with the cabin hot tap water which is very pure and lathers well, the regular old Princess soap and a throwaway razor.

Had the shave on the Crown this May. They just used a bog standard razor, thought they may have used a cut throat razor which gives the best shave. I can give myself a better shave. Waste of money IMO.

That's what I was wondering. If they don't do the barber shop type shave, we can just do the shave ourselves. I probably talk him into the shave but not a facial.

Thanks everybody for your input.

Total waste of money and with the upselling and product pushing you will be subject to its not a good experience.

I can do as good a job in a few minutes with the cabin hot tap water which is very pure and lathers well, the regular old Princess soap and a throwaway razor.

But you don't get the hot towels and opportunity to chat up the (sometimes) cute young lady:)

Well, when you think about it, you wouldn't want someone with a cut throat razor at your throat on a moving vessel. :p:eek::)

I had the shave once, it was very nice. The hot lather, towels and facial were very soothing. When you sit down, just tell the person working on you that you'd rather skip the sales pitch and they'll desist.

I treated myself to the 55 min double shave with fascial. On the Coral they called it "the shave to end all shaves). I think it was one of the best hours I've spent with a woman, legally, in a long time. :D

There were plenty of hot towels, and soothing lotions. She shaved me twice. I have no idea what typeof razor she used because my eyes were closed. But, it was heavenly.

Yes, she did sell me some products-but I was impressed that she offered only a minimum and that was based on what I told her at the beginning as to what I had been doing. I liked the products she recommended and am still using them.

All in all I found it to be great-so great I've booked another one for an upcoming cruise.

I tried the " shave to end all shaves " on Sea Princess last year. The shave was so - so , due to using a disposable type razor . The hot towels and massage of the scalp and hands was great. I found I had to finish the shave back in our suite ! Come to think of it I did spend a lot of the time with my face wrapped in a hot towel , maybe they thought I looked better that way :)

There were plenty of hot towels, and soothing lotions. She shaved me twice. I have no idea what typeof razor she used because my eyes were closed. But, it was heavenly.

Many years ago I was in a barber chair getting a haircut when a young man came in. He was starting the celebration of his 21st birthday with a professional shave by a barber. The barber sat the young man in the chair, reclined it and covered his face with hot towels. Then he walked around behind the man and looked in a book. Went back to the young man and lathered up his face, back to the book behind the customer's back. A quick check inside the book. Back to the young man, etc. etc. etc. My haircut was finished and I left before the first blood was drawn.:)

You're probably better off with the safety razor. And if it's disposable, at least you know nobody else's blood has been on it.

Many years ago I was in a barber chair getting a haircut when a young man came in. He was starting the celebration of his 21st birthday with a professional shave by a barber. The barber sat the young man in the chair, reclined it and covered his face with hot towels. Then he walked around behind the man and looked in a book. Went back to the young man and lathered up his face, back to the book behind the customer's back. A quick check inside the book. Back to the young man, etc. etc. etc. My haircut was finished and I left before the first blood was drawn.:)

You're probably better off with the safety razor. And if it's disposable, at least you know nobody else's blood has been on it.

My wife worked as a professional barber for a time before we met. She still trims my hair from time to time and uses a straight razor to turn up sideburns, etc. She handles that think like you wouldn't believe. About 30 years ago her sister and a friend went to beauty school. One night we went to her house -just after she learned how to use a straight razor. I was supposed to be her first live guinea pig...I will never forget her coming at me slowly with that razor -her hand shaking like a leaf. I saw my life flash in front of me.

Then my wife yelled at her something like what the heck are you doing? She grabbed the razor and showed her how it is done...right around without missing a beat....

My shave was great. No blood and I didn't have to save for a couple of days after that one!I do not believe they use straight razors, though. Because it didn't feel like one-and I know what they are like...

• 1 month later...