Soda package question

beej

Depends on the ship and the bar. The soda package includes fountain soda and soda from the freestyle machines. Soda in cans is not included in the package, though some have been able to find a bartender who will give them Sprite Zero from cans.

This has been my experience on three different ships over a three year period at every bar I went to. (Majesty, Liberty, and Jewel). What they do (until they recognize me after a day or two) is go to the bar gun to see if it is on there, and then fill up my cup with the can. It takes exactly 1.5 cans to fill up the cup without ice, so I bring both cups, and fill both up with three.

This has been my experience on three different ships over a three year period at every bar I went to. (Majesty, Liberty, and Jewel). What they do (until they recognize me after a day or two) is go to the bar gun to see if it is on there, and then fill up my cup with the can. It takes exactly 1.5 cans to fill up the cup without ice, so I bring both cups, and fill both up with three.

Yet we could not get Sprite Zero on the Jewel because it was not included in the soda package because it is in cans. Depends on the ship and the bartender.

FYI Sprite is Coke-Cola Company #3 best selling soda. Fanta Orange is way down on the list.

here in Ireland we prefer 7-up to sprite and Fanta sells well here I think. or maybe its just my DH drinking it all :D (I know 7-up is not a coca cola product- used to be a number of years ago )

here in Ireland we prefer 7-up to sprite and Fanta sells well here I think. or maybe its just my DH drinking it all :D (I know 7-up is not a coca cola product- used to be a number of years ago )

Actually, both 7-Up and Dr. Pepper are independent brands and basically work with whatever company has a bottling plant in the area they want to service.

Actually, both 7-Up and Dr. Pepper are independent brands and basically work with whatever company has a bottling plant in the area they want to service.

They are Cadbury Schwepp brands but as you said they are bottled by other bottlers.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

They are Cadbury Schwepp brands but as you said they are bottled by other bottlers.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Originally, they were distinct companies, then Dr. Pepper acquired 7-Up, then CSB acquired them, then demerged them and spun them off to be the Dr Pepper Snapple Group which owns a bunch of the "independent" brands like Snapple, Sunkist, Schweppes, etc.

Still, the weird bottling lives on....

Does anyone know if there is a soda and coffee bar combo card. My husband thinks there was about 5 years ago

Some ships have a coffee card where you fill up a card and get a one free, but nothing combined with soda.

I will get you all the club soda you want. Even Virgin BM for breakfast.

How do you get the Virgin BM at breakfast with the Soda Card. Do you have one of the workers walking around the tables get it or is there a special waiter? Is it truly a Virgin BM or just tomato juice? Thanking you in advance.

If you have the Soda package, you can get Sprite Zero with the package at bars. They will give it to you if you tell them that you want something diet without caffeine.

You do not get the can as they put it into your cup, but you can get it.

Do you take your cup around or just order and they put it in a glass.....I'm not sure if I want to walk around all the time carrying my cup.

Do you take your cup around or just order and they put it in a glass.....I'm not sure if I want to walk around all the time carrying my cup.

You can get soda from the soda package without having your cup. Your SeaPass will indicate that you have the package. The downside of not having the cup is that you won't be able to use the Freestyle machines on the 6 ships that currently have the machines.

How do you get the Virgin BM at breakfast with the Soda Card. Do you have one of the workers walking around the tables get it or is there a special waiter? Is it truly a Virgin BM or just tomato juice? Thanking you in advance.

Not on the Soda card. It is separate mocktail and some ships set up a Bloody Mary bar every now and then. It cost extra. I just offered to BUY BEEJ whatever she wants since we are on the cruise together.

I wish they would just do a soda and mocktail pkg for those of us who can't have the alcohol, but would like the margarita etc without the zip. Now that would be a good package to get

It would be nice if they followed their Celebrity drink packages across the line. They have a Non-Alcohol package that includes Soda, specialty coffee and teas, bottled water, juices, Non- Alcoholic cocktails, and Not everyone has to buy a package in the room. (unless they changed). I would get the Premium everything Package and the FOO FOO package ( non- Alcohol) for ny wife.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok so if I understand correctly the FOS has the freestyle machines....where are they located? And I'm figuring when eating in the dining room you just show your soda card and they bring you a soda? Are they good about bringing refills? And if your walking around the decks but don't have your cup with you....you go to a bar and show them your card and they give you a glass of soda? Is this good tasting soda or nasty tasting stuff that you get at restaurants quite often? Thank you for the info! :)

Ok so if I understand correctly the FOS has the freestyle machines....where are they located? And I'm figuring when eating in the dining room you just show your soda card and they bring you a soda? Are they good about bringing refills? And if your walking around the decks but don't have your cup with you....you go to a bar and show them your card and they give you a glass of soda? Is this good tasting soda or nasty tasting stuff that you get at restaurants quite often? Thank you for the info! :)

Freestyle machines on Freedom are located in Windjammer, Royal Promenade, and arcade. You can get soda in the dining room and bars without your cup, and they will refill it.

Does anyone know if the SODA CARD lets you get CLUB SODA and/or TONIC from the bars?

Yes.

• 5 months later...
Are there only coke products in the freestyle machine or other brands- looking for diet mountain dew or diet Dr. Pepper.

Just noting you tagged onto an old thread but I am of the understanding that the ship exclusively carry coke products. Which makes sense contractually.