My 3 day Sapphire cruise 3/11 was just cancelled

lovevacadays

Just received notification that my 3 day cruise I booked on the Sapphire has been cancelled. Bummer!!!!:eek::eek::eek: I wanted to sail on her one more time before she left the West Coast. I didn't want to pay the prices of her 10 day cruises in March. For you 10 day cruisers in March, are your cruises still on?

So disappointed.:(

BTW, I sure wish Princess would stop making so many cancellations on their cruises and decide what itineraries they are going to do. People plan their vacations in advance and this is just so inconvenient. I'm popping on the Royal Caribbean and Celebrity Cruises website to see what might intrigue me. Not happy with Princess right now.

Just checked the Princess website and it is still showing my cruise! With all the Princess mishaps lately I am going to try another line in 2014.

I had this happen to me. Sometimes Princess will change a cruise and cancel the original only to replace it with another similar cruise. Call Princess and see what they say.

Roger

From what I can tell - the following cruises seem "closed":

3/11

3/14

3/17

3/21

3/24

Voyage cancelled due to redeploy....

---

March 27 and March 31st look to be open/bookable.

Thanks. Interesting my email says to rebook with Sapphire's other West Coast Getaways and lists all March dates. I will have to give Princess a call.

From what I can tell - the following cruises seem "closed":

3/11

3/14

3/17

3/21

3/24

Voyage cancelled due to redeploy....

---

March 27 and March 31st look to be open/bookable.

Interesting. Where would they redeploy and still be able to accommodate cruises on the 27th and 31st?

hi i was booked on 3/17 4 day same situation called princess and the agent went the extra step and got answers, the ship will be sailing 4 day cruises march 11,and 23 will have catalina island , march 15 and 19 will have santa barbara as stops , the sail dates have changed

Just received notification that my 3 day cruise I booked on the Sapphire has been cancelled. Bummer!!!!:eek::eek::eek: I wanted to sail on her one more time before she left the West Coast. I didn't want to pay the prices of her 10 day cruises in March. For you 10 day cruisers in March, are your cruises still on?

So disappointed.:(

Oh, no! No! No! That's awful! What a disappointment. :( So far as I know, our March 1 cruise is still on but maybe I'll double-check that. They dropped the prices about a month ago and I was able to save about $400/pp for an oceanview.

Yup. My March 1 cruise is still in my Personalizer.

Princess has been cancelling and rescheduling and now cancelling cruises on the Sapphire again. I wish they would just make up their minds on where she will sail until she leaves for Asia :(

I guess this is why I was upset last night. They just can't seem to decide what to do with the Sapphire until she leaves to Asia. I'm all better now. I just wanted the opportunity to sail her one last time before she leaves without paying a high price.

I did call Princess today and as others have stated they changed to 4 day sailings which include Santa Barbara. They won't be open to book until Oct. 3. I had such a great deal on the cabin I wanted so it will be interesting to see what the price difference might be.

I'm sorry to hear about your cruise!! If I was in charge at Princess, I would let you (and others that were booked with you) book a 4 day at the same price. You scheduled your vacation at work, booked and paid for your cruise. Now Princess has canceled your 3 day cruise and has scheduled a 4 day in its place. Not really fair at all. :(

BTW, I sure wish Princess would stop making so many cancellations on their cruises and decide what itineraries they are going to do. People plan their vacations in advance and this is just so inconvenient. I'm popping on the Royal Caribbean and Celebrity Cruises website to see what might intrigue me. Not happy with Princess right now.

Well, we were booked on a Celebrity Panama Canal cruise for April 2014 which Celebrity cancelled for dry dock and didn't officially tell the booked passengers for about 3 months after it was common knowledge that it was cancelled. They offered other cruises at the same price, but no real compensation for changing flights.

Then, we were booked on a NCL Panama Canal cruise for April 2014 that they changed the itinerary to end in SFO instead of LA so that they could take it to dry dock. Essentially removed almost all the ports and added stops in San Diego and SFO instead of LA. (Not interested in cruising through the PC for stops in SD and SF, I want to see the ports in the PC area.) The compensation from NCL was $50 a cabin, which doesn't even cover getting home from either SD or SF (we live right by LAX). Not very impressed with them, either.

So now we're booked on Princess for April 2014 and the Panama Canal.

Anyway, I'm not sure that other cruise lines are any better - and Princess certainly seems to compensate their passengers better than other lines do.

Well, we were booked on a Celebrity Panama Canal cruise for April 2014 which Celebrity cancelled for dry dock and didn't officially tell the booked passengers for about 3 months after it was common knowledge that it was cancelled. They offered other cruises at the same price, but no real compensation for changing flights.

Then, we were booked on a NCL Panama Canal cruise for April 2014 that they changed the itinerary to end in SFO instead of LA so that they could take it to dry dock. Essentially removed almost all the ports and added stops in San Diego and SFO instead of LA. (Not interested in cruising through the PC for stops in SD and SF, I want to see the ports in the PC area.) The compensation from NCL was $50 a cabin, which doesn't even cover getting home from either SD or SF (we live right by LAX). Not very impressed with them, either.

So now we're booked on Princess for April 2014 and the Panama Canal.

Anyway, I'm not sure that other cruise lines are any better - and Princess certainly seems to compensate their passengers better than other lines do.

Wow, you have seen your fair share of cancelled cruise. I agree that other cruise lines most likely do the same thing as these things depend on so many factors. I was initially disappointed but got over it.:)

I, too, was thinking about booking a 4 day Sapphire cruise in March but all the dates except 1 were closed. I knew something must be up because these cruises generally haven't been selling out that far in advance. Will have to see what the prices are after Oct. 3rd. Sure will miss the Sapphire!

I will miss the Sapphire as well. She is kind of a staple for me. I've cruised her so many times with so many different people. A little sentimental.....:):):).

I too am interested to see what the four day cruise prices will be. I really did have a great price for my three day. I booked it before the prices started to climb.... We shall see. While I love the Sapphire I have to weigh price against emotion!

I'm sorry to hear about your cruise!! If I was in charge at Princess, I would let you (and others that were booked with you) book a 4 day at the same price. You scheduled your vacation at work, booked and paid for your cruise. Now Princess has canceled your 3 day cruise and has scheduled a 4 day in its place. Not really fair at all. :(

Linda, I wish you were in charge. If so, I would rebook the 4 day cruise and enjoy a day in Santa Barbara. I have been there many, many times but it has been a long time. I would be game to stroll along the boardwalk by the ocean and look at all the vendors and then pop into one of the restaurants for some seafood.

Are you on a Golden cruise soon?

It's not listed on the BVE list but it's worth checking to see if 11/16 or 23 is available.

Or better yet, one of the very last BVEs in March maybe? We could all drive up from OC. ;) I really would like to try to get another Sapphire cruise in before she leaves even though we'll be on her for a week at Christmas.

Or better yet, one of the very last BVEs in March maybe? We could all drive up from OC. ;) I really would like to try to get another Sapphire cruise in before she leaves even though we'll be on her for a week at Christmas.

Bobbie, if you and Pam and Michelle do that I might even fly out from NM and sandwich in a family visit with the BVE. ;) LOL

Archived