Crown & Anchor Value Booklet

Is October 1st the beginning of the new procedure where the Member benefits are added to the SeaPass card?

I understand several ships are going to start 10-1 and then the rest of the fleet over the next several months. If anyone has an experience this week, please post and let us know how the new processed worked.

Just go some info: Oct 1st is the date and the ships are: Freedom, Jewell, Oasis & Allure, Navigator, Liberty & Explorer

I just returned from Explorer of the Seas this morning and this was the first cruise using the paperless coupon system. They still have to work out some kinks in the new system. Many people I spoke with never received the sheet in their room listing the perks they were entitled to and one night when I tried to use the coupon for buy one get one free beer the bar server in Dizzies had no idea how to apply the discount and directed me to guest services where they seemed equally confused. I eventually gave up and skipped the beer.

Just back from four weeks on ships with the electronic coupons.

I advise everyone to check the account on the TV if you use the internet discount coupon.

Free minutes were applied with no problem.

Package discount - never applied.

Free laundry worked fine.

Free photo worked fine.

Free slot pull worked fine. (still didn't win, though ;))

I just returned from Explorer of the Seas this morning and this was the first cruise using the paperless coupon system. They still have to work out some kinks in the new system. Many people I spoke with never received the sheet in their room listing the perks they were entitled to and one night when I tried to use the coupon for buy one get one free beer the bar server in Dizzies had no idea how to apply the discount and directed me to guest services where they seemed equally confused. I eventually gave up and skipped the beer.

hi buddie, see you Nov. 3rd --------------Ed

It was on our card when we sailed on Oasis, although I did go onto my account and look to make sure all the coupons were applied. There were 1 or 2 that weren't.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Are you saying there is a paper list of coupons in the room and that list is what you checked your account coupons against?

thanks

I am also just off the Explorer with the first cruise using the paperless coupons. For the most part, they worked well and easily. For the free or discounted wine, beer, or soda, discount should be applied the first time you purchase unless you ask for it not to be applied at that purchase. One bartender didn't know how it worked and was apologetic, but since it was early in the trip I told him not to worry about it and I used the discount later.

The Internet package discount, it took three trips to Guest Services to get the discount finally applied. They do need to iron out the kinks for the Internet package, because that discount is not automatic.

Otherwise, we liked the convenience of the discounts being paperless!

• 2 weeks later...

Just off the Grandeur of the Seas this morning (10/3-11/13 sailing) and we had the electronic discount and not the booklets. Not a fan here, but just because they kept very few of the discounts we used and the ones we did use (photo gallery and logo shop) didn't work or didn't work correctly.

Archived