What can shipboard credit be used for?

sjde

• 1 year later...

New to shipboard credits. Have Oceania credits of $1500 but my agent is telling me it's for 'on board' purchases only. Can I go online to Oceania site and select excursions and use the credits I have or do I have to wait until I"m on board the ship to schedule these activities.? Thank you

New to shipboard credits. Have Oceania credits of $1500 but my agent is telling me it's for 'on board' purchases only. Can I go online to Oceania site and select excursions and use the credits I have or do I have to wait until I"m on board the ship to schedule these activities.? Thank you

You have to use onboard

Plan what excursions you want & go as soon as you board & fill in the form for those excursions

You can even buy a painting from the onboard artist with it! Trust me.

Here's hopin' yew gotta whoppin' big OBC though or a great credit line on the card you register at boarding.

JMBobB

Two prestige liquor packages on a ten day cruise will eat up $1200 of it. But, that or excursions or whatever must be N onboard expenditure.

Figured I would get such responses :) My dear wife is the queen of shoppers. But even she would not spend money in the Oceania shops. (except for an occasional T-shirt)

Resurrecting this quote from a few months back ...

I always made it a point to buy a t-shirt on board. They started out with really great ones ... a carry-over from Renaissance perhaps. Then they became boring with just a mention of the ship. I still have one -- actually, I'm wearing it right now! -- that just says Regatta.

On our cruises in the past few years they don't seem to have ANY. Or at least not any worth buying ...

That is probably my worst complaint about the shop merchandise.

Another is the disappearance of the $10 watch sales ... I always bought several ...

Mura

Another is the disappearance of the $10 watch sales ... I always bought several ...

Mura

Different contractors than the early days of O

Maybe now with the merging of services they will be back ;)

People will complain it is just cheap tat, so they cannot win :D

Lyn

Agreed, Lyn. But I like the cheap souvenirs, not the expensive stuff ...

(Besides, they don't carry my size in nice clothing ...)

But I DO wish the groovy t-shirts would return ... I have finally disposed of some that were eons old just because they had too many holes ... but they were SO INTERESTING. Not to mention good advertising ...

Mura