Inoculations

juljas

Hi - First time cruisers on RCI and sailing on Nov 17th FOS. Just received cruise docs (excited now!) and it mentions Inoculations and an Inoculation Certificate - do we need any or is this just a general statement? On Eastern Caribbean itinerary.

Thanks

Shots are not generally required for a Caribbean cruise unless there has been a recent outbreak in any particular country. We have never needed or taken shots before any of our cruises, but you can discuss it with your doctor as of course s/he would be the ultimate authority.

Have fun. :)

Thanks. I was pretty sure we didn't need anything - had you said yes I would have been worried as we are only booked into our Doctor a week before travel which wouldn't help us if some shots were needed well in advance of travel.

I'll assume RCI won't ask for a certificate.

Yes- we intend to have a great time :)

You should be okay since you are from Australia. However, double check with RCI to be sure. My parents travel from Africa and have been asked about shots. The check-in agent had a list of specific countries that needed certain shots... mostly African countries though.

Archived