Anyone know if you can get a taxi tour in port?

VAkrf

Wondering if anyone has had any luck waiting until you get off the ship to book an island tour? Is it like some other ports where they have taxis lined up to do tours, drive to the beach etc. We've never been to Barbados before so I want to do the tour to see as much as possible, but the ones I have seen on Trip Advisor seem a lot more expensive than what we have paid at other ports?? Thanks!

Yes you can, they are like flies on you know what. My suggestion is to walk out of the terminal area and go to the roundabout in front of the gate. This is where you'll find the independent taxi drivers and can negotiate a good price for a tour. It helps if you do a little research to tell the driver what you would like to see. We did this a few years ago and found a driver for $25 per person, there were 5 of us , and he took us to the Agapy Chocolate Factory where we had pre-arranged a tour, then to Mt Gay Rum , and then found us a great restaurant to get flying fish for lunch.

We are also interested in doing Barbados on our own. We are a group of 6. Can we get a van or something that would take us all? I read somewhere that if you walk into town (a 20 minute walk or so) that cabs are more reasonable. Is this necessary (and true)? We'd like to do the "coast to coast scenic drive" that is available thru our cruiseline but for less money.

We are also interested in doing Barbados on our own. We are a group of 6. Can we get a van or something that would take us all? I read somewhere that if you walk into town (a 20 minute walk or so) that cabs are more reasonable. Is this necessary (and true)? We'd like to do the "coast to coast scenic drive" that is available thru our cruiseline but for less money.

I think most of the taxis are vans.

We are also interested in doing Barbados on our own.

We are a group of 6.

Can we get a van or something that would take us all?

I read somewhere that if you walk into town (a 20 minute walk or so) that cabs are more reasonable.

Is this necessary (and true)? ===> True yes, Necessary no.

We'd like to do the "coast to coast scenic drive" that is available thru our cruiseline but for less money.

A group of six of you is a nice catch for any island taxi driver! :)

Although the taxis right in the shopping center are less competitive

it's hardly worth the 20 min. walk in the humidity

unless you're shopping anyway!

You should have fair bargaining power with a group of six

bearing in mind that 6 x $25 per head = $150 for your party

-and your US$150 will later convert into Bds.$300 local currency.

He'll be happy with that...trust me. ;)

FWIW the taxis located closest to the ship at the port have a rule where once they leave the port they are done with picking up fares for the day. With that being their money for the day you can imagine what sort of effects that has. We had to wait about a half hour just to get someone to take us to the Mount Gay rum distillery because they didn't want to leave not full. We saw plenty of taxis waiting outside the gate as well that would have probably been more flexible.

Archived