Tropical Storm Karen Situation Page

Sargent_Schultz

Has anyone heard if any ships have been diverted due to TS Karen? My nephew and his wife are supposed to be in Cozumel on the Oasis of the Seas today. I checked the Cozumel webcam and saw a Carnival ship there and the weather looked lousy.

It looks like most of the storm is past Cozumel. Cruise ship tracking sites show the Oasis parked near the Elation in Cozumel. The folks that would need to keep an eye on this storm are Norwegian Star, Carnival Conquest and Elation guests coming into and out of New Orleans this weekend.

Most ships crossing the Gulf of Mexico, assuming any are schedule to do so, should be able to sail around the worst of it, although the weather on board may not be enjoyable for outdoor activities.

Thanks for the link Sarge. I live in Mobile which is directly in the middle of the path right now. This will be good to keep an eye on this storm. It's looking like a very wet/windy weekend for us right now. :( I hope those with cruises leaving this weekend don't have problems from it. It looks like a bumpy ride back for some.

It looks like most of the storm is past Cozumel. Cruise ship tracking sites show the Oasis parked near the Elation in Cozumel. The folks that would need to keep an eye on this storm are Norwegian Star, Carnival Conquest and Elation guests coming into and out of New Orleans this weekend.

Most ships crossing the Gulf of Mexico, assuming any are schedule to do so, should be able to sail around the worst of it, although the weather on board may not be enjoyable for outdoor activities.

Sorry about the mistake. Only the Elation and Conquest are in NOLA this weekend. Elation's Saturday arrival and departure is more likely to be impacted provided the forecast doesn't change.

Sorry about the mistake. Only the Elation and Conquest are in NOLA this weekend. Elation's Saturday arrival and departure is more likely to be impacted provided the forecast doesn't change.

Agreed. And we are to board her on Saturday IF she gets back in on time.

By the look of the forecast... I would rather sail her next week than right now!!!

Sooo...I have a 7:15 flight Saturday night from Houston to Miami. To get to the Breeze on Sunday. Would the flight go over or around the storm?

Sent from my XT907 using Forums mobile app

Based on the timing track, TS Karen should move inland on Saturday morning and be far enough out of your way assuming the Houston Miami flight is direct.

But it's going to be a wet slog for Magic City. Hope you leave early and reroute through I 20 to I 55. Might be a tad drier even with game traffic.

The issue is that the ships need to make their way into the Mississippi River by around 10 PM the night before debarkation in order to get to the terminal in time. Depending on wind conditions, the river could be shut down at any point after Friday evening. If that happens, you're going to see a delay in the ships making it back to port.

My parents are supposed to leave on Conquest Sunday. I told my dad to plan on not leaving until late Sunday night, or possibly even Monday.

The issue is that the ships need to make their way into the Mississippi River by around 10 PM the night before debarkation in order to get to the terminal in time. Depending on wind conditions, the river could be shut down at any point after Friday evening. If that happens, you're going to see a delay in the ships making it back to port.

My parents are supposed to leave on Conquest Sunday. I told my dad to plan on not leaving until late Sunday night, or possibly even Monday.

Yep. Happened to us a couple of years ago. Our Elation cruise was delayed getting back by a day & a half when they closed the Mississippi due to a hurricane. Felt bad for the folks waiting to get on, but enjoyed our extra 1 1/2 days.

We were on the Conquest a week ago - - - sorry for the folks who aren't getting the gorgeous weather we had every single day. I wouldn't trade an extra day on board in yucky weather for the beautiful trip we had. Hopefully everyone stays safe.

Archived