"JW and Jerome's Ecstatic ECSTASY Adventures"

cruiseguys2009

I saw it tonight! Thank you so much for the heads up! Brought back memories and now I know why I got my nickname Trouble.

We can't wait to meet you guys on Eclipse on 5 April sailing, we'll have a blast!!!!:D:D:cool:

Margaret (& Ian)

Faster To The Fun, and Then Not So Much

Well, we waited and waited in the room for our luggage to arrive, and as we did, I kept hearing what that wonderful Porter said to me, over and over in my mind, telling me “Not to worry, these bags will be in your Royal Suite before you are“. At some point we decided to go to the Atrium Bar for a cocktail or three, and as such, could look down the hallway from the bar to see if anything had arrived at our door. It was now approaching two thirty and luggage carts filled with suitcases were being maneuvered with precision every which way. We could see that all sorts of “Regular” luggage was being delivered, everyone’s except ours.

We ran into several members of our Cruise Critic Roll Call at the bar and two were Platinum and another couple also had FTTF, and none had gotten their luggage either. Platinum and Diamond get theirs supposedly as fast as FTTF, so we were perplexed. I stepped over to the Guest Services Desk, Martini in hand, that must have gone over well, and remembered that I could use the VIP line….that was so cool….and I met Jennifer. Jennifer was a darling young lady from Tennessee and was a Guest Relations Supervisor. She had a wonderful, bubbly personality that exuded charm, but also had a truly professional demeanor that I appreciated. Now mind you, I was prepared for the Guest Relations personnel that I was used to on my previous sailings, who were mean, nasty and ready to chew me up and spit me out and not do anything to satisfy a guest. Back then, I felt that any Guest Resolutions were Carnival‘s Way or NO Way. So, in my meekest, nicest voice, I inquired gracefully about the reasons that my FTTF luggage was not in my room.

Jennifer listened intently with what I felt was a concerned look on her face. Great eye contact and she was actually paying attention. Nice. I was not demanding, complaining or whining. I was most definitely using “MY INSIDE Voice!“. I merely restated my belief that as part of our paying for FTTF, every effort would be made to get our luggage to the room fairly quickly. Now the fact was, that the general luggage was arriving and ours was not. Jennifer, with a wink and a smile, first asked me if perhaps there may be “Something” in the bags that would cause a delay? I knew what she was referring to, and I assured her that we did not have any booze in mouthwash bottles or wine in boxes in our luggage. “No, we were not smuggling booze”, I said with a smile. She graciously smiled and asked what the luggage looked like. I described the large wheelie and a black garment bag. Just then, Jerome came over to me at the desk telling me that the wheelie bag had just made it to the room, but we were still missing the garment bag.

Jennifer picked up the phone and dialed, I suspect, the person in charge of luggage handling, and described my missing garment bag to the person on the other end of the phone. After she hung up, she said that she saw that I was sitting over at the bar, to return to having a fun bon voyage, and she would come over to me when she had some more information. If the bag did arrive beforehand, she also asked that I let her know. Fair enough. I really could not expect anything else, and I obliged and went to the bar, and back to my delicious Martini and my new found friends from Cruise Critic.

Here is where I was blown away, and what became the first of many, what I perceived to be, changes that Carnival has taken. A new, monumental proactive position in dealing with Guest’s and Guest Relations.

Jennifer came over to me. As I said, she came to me, that alone is a Wow, and a caring professional gesture. She explained that there was a hold up with all of the luggage due to a special inspection of the ship earlier, however, that did not relieve the fact of Carnival’s obligations to it’s FTTF customers. Therefore, they were issuing a refund of the FTTF, as an on board credit, but I would still have all the benefits of FTTF (Tender Line, VIP line, Disembarkation etc). “What?” I looked at Jennifer in disbelief. I was used to an unsympathetic, non compassionate, and an uncaring Carnival, that my jaw dropped and I had to say again, “What?” Jennifer apologized on behalf of Carnival Cruise Lines and I was taken aback and truly surprised and somewhat elated. That set the stage for what was to become Our Ecstatic Ecstasy Adventure. It was not a once and done fluke. It was the real, genuine deal, that had gestures like this happen over and over again. The other members of our group that had FTTF who had also not received their luggage in a timely manner, had their FTTF refunded as well. Wow! Carnival made a lot of folks happy. Can it be that a return to good old fashioned Customer Service is worth it's weight in old fashioned shareholder and corporate profits? Giving a little gains a lot? What a novel idea, eh?

It was just after Jennifer returned to her desk, at this point, that Jerome came bounding over to me at the Bar and said “Raise your glasses everyone for a toast!” “The Garment Bag just arrived!” “Here! Here!” Our new Cruise Critic friends cheered! “Here's To Luggage in the Cabin and not The Naughty Room!” I said as I sipped on my Martini. Jerome then shot a scathing, sharp look at me with a raised eyebrow and whispered, “JW, what did you do?”

“Bing! Bang! Bong!” Yay! Saved by the bell yet again! I love the sounds of the Announcement Bells on a ship, even though it usually is just to announce Bingo, Shore Excursions or some other profiteering propaganda. But these bells were different! It was the call to arms! Muster Station’s Please!

Edited by cruiseguys2009

Faster To The Fun, and Then Not So Much

Well, we waited and waited in the room for our luggage to arrive, and as we did, I kept hearing what that wonderful Porter said to me, over and over in my mind, telling me “Not to worry, these bags will be in your Royal Suite before you are“. At some point we decided to go to the Atrium Bar for a cocktail or three, and as such, could look down the hallway from the bar to see if anything had arrived at our door. It was now approaching two thirty and luggage carts filled with suitcases were being maneuvered with precision every which way. We could see that all sorts of “Regular” luggage was being delivered, everyone’s except ours.

We ran into several members of our Cruise Critic Roll Call at the bar and two were Platinum and another couple also had FTTF, and none had gotten their luggage either. Platinum and Diamond get theirs supposedly as fast as FTTF, so we were perplexed. I stepped over to the Guest Services Desk, Martini in hand, that must have gone over well, and remembered that I could use the VIP line….that was so cool….and I met Jennifer. Jennifer was a darling young lady from Tennessee and was a Guest Relations Supervisor. She had a wonderful, bubbly personality that exuded charm, but also had a truly professional demeanor that I appreciated. Now mind you, I was prepared for the Guest Relations personnel that I was used to on my previous sailings, who were mean, nasty and ready to chew me up and spit me out and not do anything to satisfy a guest. Back then, I felt that any Guest Resolutions were Carnival‘s Way or NO Way. So, in my meekest, nicest voice, I inquired gracefully about the reasons that my FTTF luggage was not in my room.

Jennifer listened intently with what I felt was a concerned look on her face. Great eye contact and she was actually paying attention. Nice. I was not demanding, complaining or whining. I was most definitely using “MY INSIDE Voice!“. I merely restated my belief that as part of our paying for FTTF, every effort would be made to get our luggage to the room fairly quickly. Now the fact was, that the general luggage was arriving and ours was not. Jennifer, with a wink and a smile, first asked me if perhaps there may be “Something” in the bags that would cause a delay? I knew what she was referring to, and I assured her that we did not have any booze in mouthwash bottles or wine in boxes in our luggage. “No, we were not smuggling booze”, I said with a smile. She graciously smiled and asked what the luggage looked like. I described the large wheelie and a black garment bag. Just then, Jerome came over to me at the desk telling me that the wheelie bag had just made it to the room, but we were still missing the garment bag.

Jennifer picked up the phone and dialed, I suspect, the person in charge of luggage handling, and described my missing garment bag to the person on the other end of the phone. After she hung up, she said that she saw that I was sitting over at the bar, to return to having a fun bon voyage, and she would come over to me when she had some more information. If the bag did arrive beforehand, she also asked that I let her know. Fair enough. I really could not expect anything else, and I obliged and went to the bar, and back to my delicious Martini and my new found friends from Cruise Critic.

Here is where I was blown away, and what became the first of many, what I perceived to be, changes that Carnival has taken. A new, monumental proactive position in dealing with Guest’s and Guest Relations.

Jennifer came over to me. As I said, she came to me, that alone is a Wow, and a caring professional gesture. She explained that there was a hold up with all of the luggage due to a special inspection of the ship earlier, however, that did not relieve the fact of Carnival’s obligations to it’s FTTF customers. Therefore, they were issuing a refund of the FTTF, as an on board credit, but I would still have all the benefits of FTTF (Tender Line, VIP line, Disembarkation etc). “What?” I looked at Jennifer in disbelief. I was used to an unsympathetic, non compassionate, and an uncaring Carnival, that my jaw dropped and I had to say again, “What?” Jennifer apologized on behalf of Carnival Cruise Lines and I was taken aback and truly surprised and somewhat elated. That set the stage for what was to become Our Ecstatic Ecstasy Adventure. It was not a once and done fluke. It was the real, genuine deal, that had gestures like this happen over and over again. The other members of our group that had FTTF who had also not received their luggage in a timely manner, had their FTTF refunded as well. Wow! Carnival made a lot of folks happy. Can it be that a return to good old fashioned Customer Service is worth it's weight in old fashioned shareholder and corporate profits? Giving a little gains a lot? What a novel idea, eh?

It was just after Jennifer returned to her desk, at this point, that Jerome came bounding over to me at the Bar and said “Raise your glasses everyone for a toast!” “The Garment Bag just arrived!” “Here! Here!” Our new Cruise Critic friends cheered! “Here's To Luggage in the Cabin and not The Naughty Room!” I said as I sipped on my Martini. Jerome then shot a scathing, sharp look at me with a raised eyebrow and whispered, “JW, what did you do?”

“Bing! Bang! Bong!” Yay! Saved by the bell yet again! I love the sounds of the Announcement Bells on a ship, even though it usually is just to announce Bingo, Shore Excursions or some other profiteering propaganda. But these bells were different! It was the call to arms! Muster Station’s Please!

Glad CCL is once again recognizing the customers they serve.....that said, am I the only one who was hoping for a "Trouble" in the naughty room adventure?

Can i just say that I LOVE YOU!!! lol. This is the first review that i have read of yours and it is THE BEST!!! i felt like i was in your house when you were booking the cruise and at the bar with you when you finally got your luggage. I'm sitting at my computer saying....."Way to go Jennifer"!! You really have a knack for writing.

You and Jerome and now my new FIMH (Friends in my head)!!

This review will have me go back and read your others!!

I'll be on the Ecstasy in February with my children.....their first cruise

Edited by Mommzie

Wonderful JW, totally gripping and incredibly funny reading..... can't wait for our Celebrity Eclipse cruise in April. Please upgrade to Aqua so you & Jerome can join us in Blu...... step up to the 'REAL' Adult Table'.

steak.gif

You won't regret it, you know you want to!!! flashing-yeah-smiley-emoticon.gif

Keep the review coming.... wonderful reading!

Pat :D

For Immediate Release:

This is the 11th, and sadly, the final year for "The 2013 Port Saint Lucie Christmas House". It has been tremendously successful over the past decade, and this year, the house is expected to draw upwards of ten thousand people over a span of 18 nights, coming to see the inside of the house, decorated with over 50 Themed Christmas Trees and Displays. It's a complete labor of love between JW Salveson and Jerome Sangalli, who each year decorate their home for Christmas, then open up their house to the public, all for Charity.

This year they have selected two charities to be the beneficiaries of their Christmas efforts.

The first set of event nights benefit WZZR's (94.3/101.7) "The Love Doctor's Charities, Children's Toy Drive", which runs from December 2nd thru December 11th, 6PM to 10PM nightly. Each and everyone who attends the house tour during these nights, is asked to bring a new, unwrapped toy to be distributed directly to 4,000 needy children right here in Port Saint Lucie County.

The second set of event nights benefit "Dogs and Cats Forever", St. Lucie County's only No-Kill Animal Shelter, running from December 12th thru December 18th, 6PM to 10PM. Each person attending the house tour during these nights, are asked to donate a monetary contribution to Dogs and Cats Forever. The organization will be at the house to directly accept these contributions each night.

This year, The 2013 Port St Lucie Christmas House has the distinction of being an Official City of Port Saint Lucie Event, and will feature over 50 Themed Christmas Trees inside the home, with a grand finale being a large scale recreation of The Walt Disney World Complex complete with working monorails. There is also over 35,000 Lights and Outdoor Displays, Nightly Visits by Santa Claus, Nightly Entertainment and Concessions providing Face Painting for the kids, Hot Chocolate and Cookies, and a few surprises.

The decorating of the inside of the home began this year on September 3rd, Labor Day, and will continue for hours and hours each night, right up until Thanksgiving Day. The house will be officially lit, inside and out for the first time together, at the Invitation Only, Private Media Event, held at 6PM sharp, on the evening of December 1st. Public House Tours begin on the night of December 2nd.

Salveson and Sangalli want as many people as possible to see the inside of The Christmas House, and yes, it's worth the wait! For those attending, please be prepared to wait at least an hour, to an hour and a half, for the house tour. If you cannot wait, would you please be kind enough to leave your toys or contributions with one of the Volunteer Elves. Every effort is made to entertain the guest's while waiting in line, and JW and Jerome promise, for those who take the tour, a nice surprise comes at the end!

The expenses of producing The Christmas House have grown immensely from each passing year, and it has become a sad reality that Salveson and Sangalli can no longer personally afford to do it themselves. Thus, that is why it is their final year. Salveson and Sangalli want the charities to make as much money as possible, therefore, do not take any funds from them. The 2013 Port Saint Lucie Christmas House is grateful to several local Port Saint Lucie businesses such as Tutto Fresco Italian Restaurants, Vivid Hair Salon and Spa, Roy's Barber Shop, Kilwins Ice Cream Parlor, Big Apple Pizza (Gatlin), as well as Jan's Place and Jan's Steakhouse, that help offset a portion of the event's expenses. As such, they also provide special incentives to a captive audience of 10,000 people attending.

All in all, Salveson and Sangalli strive to truly provide Joy and Wonderment to everyone attending which brings them tremendous happiness each year.

We look forward to seeing you!

If You Go:

The 2013 Port Saint Lucie Christmas House is located at:

2013 SW Starflower Avenue

Port Saint Lucie, FL 34984

JW SALVESON and JEROME SANGALLI

jwsalveson@hotmail.com

Links:

TCPalm coverage of The Christmas House Photo Tour: http://www.tcpalm.com/photos/galleries/2012/dec/12/2012-port-st-lucie-christmas-house/115546/

Facebook link: https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-2013-Port-St-Lucie-Christmas-House/301551676534933

Indiegogo.com Crowd Funding Link for House Donations: http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/the-2013-port-saint-lucie-christmas-house

Photos Used with Permission: Ginny Beagan, TCPalm

2013 Poster Design: Francesco Avitto, IRSC

1235547_602473189776112_805754204_n.jpg

For Immediate Release:

This is the 11th, and sadly, the final year for "The 2013 Port Saint Lucie Christmas House". It has been tremendously successful over the past decade, and this year, the house is expected to draw upwards of ten thousand people over a span of 18 nights, coming to see the inside of the house, decorated with over 50 Themed Christmas Trees and Displays. It's a complete labor of love between JW Salveson and Jerome Sangalli, who each year decorate their home for Christmas, then open up their house to the public, all for Charity.

This year they have selected two charities to be the beneficiaries of their Christmas efforts.

The first set of event nights benefit WZZR's (94.3/101.7) "The Love Doctor's Charities, Children's Toy Drive", which runs from December 2nd thru December 11th, 6PM to 10PM nightly. Each and everyone who attends the house tour during these nights, is asked to bring a new, unwrapped toy to be distributed directly to 4,000 needy children right here in Port Saint Lucie County.

The second set of event nights benefit "Dogs and Cats Forever", St. Lucie County's only No-Kill Animal Shelter, running from December 12th thru December 18th, 6PM to 10PM. Each person attending the house tour during these nights, are asked to donate a monetary contribution to Dogs and Cats Forever. The organization will be at the house to directly accept these contributions each night.

This year, The 2013 Port St Lucie Christmas House has the distinction of being an Official City of Port Saint Lucie Event, and will feature over 50 Themed Christmas Trees inside the home, with a grand finale being a large scale recreation of The Walt Disney World Complex complete with working monorails. There is also over 35,000 Lights and Outdoor Displays, Nightly Visits by Santa Claus, Nightly Entertainment and Concessions providing Face Painting for the kids, Hot Chocolate and Cookies, and a few surprises.

The decorating of the inside of the home began this year on September 3rd, Labor Day, and will continue for hours and hours each night, right up until Thanksgiving Day. The house will be officially lit, inside and out for the first time together, at the Invitation Only, Private Media Event, held at 6PM sharp, on the evening of December 1st. Public House Tours begin on the night of December 2nd.

Salveson and Sangalli want as many people as possible to see the inside of The Christmas House, and yes, it's worth the wait! For those attending, please be prepared to wait at least an hour, to an hour and a half, for the house tour. If you cannot wait, would you please be kind enough to leave your toys or contributions with one of the Volunteer Elves. Every effort is made to entertain the guest's while waiting in line, and JW and Jerome promise, for those who take the tour, a nice surprise comes at the end!

The expenses of producing The Christmas House have grown immensely from each passing year, and it has become a sad reality that Salveson and Sangalli can no longer personally afford to do it themselves. Thus, that is why it is their final year. Salveson and Sangalli want the charities to make as much money as possible, therefore, do not take any funds from them. The 2013 Port Saint Lucie Christmas House is grateful to several local Port Saint Lucie businesses such as Tutto Fresco Italian Restaurants, Vivid Hair Salon and Spa, Roy's Barber Shop, Kilwins Ice Cream Parlor, Big Apple Pizza (Gatlin), as well as Jan's Place and Jan's Steakhouse, that help offset a portion of the event's expenses. As such, they also provide special incentives to a captive audience of 10,000 people attending.

All in all, Salveson and Sangalli strive to truly provide Joy and Wonderment to everyone attending which brings them tremendous happiness each year.

We look forward to seeing you!

If You Go:

The 2013 Port Saint Lucie Christmas House is located at:

2013 SW Starflower Avenue

Port Saint Lucie, FL 34984

JW SALVESON and JEROME SANGALLI

jwsalveson@hotmail.com

Links:

TCPalm coverage of The Christmas House Photo Tour: http://www.tcpalm.com/photos/galleries/2012/dec/12/2012-port-st-lucie-christmas-house/115546/

Facebook link: https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-2013-Port-St-Lucie-Christmas-House/301551676534933

Indiegogo.com Crowd Funding Link for House Donations: http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/the-2013-port-saint-lucie-christmas-house

Photos Used with Permission: Ginny Beagan, TCPalm

2013 Poster Design: Francesco Avitto, IRSC

1235547_602473189776112_805754204_n.jpg

Now how awesome do you think these guys are? I've been a fan since their last review and I'd love to come see their Christmas House!

1379546_10200146159451525_2044364813_n.jpg

Hey this is our house, we live here and host over 10,000 people every year, coming inside and touring our home. It's all for charity......here is our Living Room..............

302894_4122818790359_1469225648_n.jpg

OMG, look at all those lights :eek: I love it. My Carnival PVP lives in Port St. Lucie, I'll have to ask her if she's ever been to your house during the Holidays. Its a great thing. I'm sure the visitors and charities are sorry this is the last year :(

Loving the review. I'm glad your back to Carnival because I'd love to meet up with you on a cruise some day. You are quite the funny guy. You would definately be fun :)