Silhouette concerts on the lawn

gdpups

I am booked on Silhouette in January and found out on cc that they have concerts on the lawn with wine and cheese. Are these fun? Also, is it possible to enjoy the concert while eating at the Lawn Club, or should we do that a different night? I appreciate your comments as I haven't seen much written about those.

The "concert" is a lounge act that is moved to the lawn instead of playing inside. It is informal just like being in a lounge, people come and people go.

Blankets are set up with pillows and electric tea candles, problem is some people feel that the candles are there for their taking and they disappear. It is nice to relax and lay back while gazing at the stars. It is affected by the weather and may or may not happen, it could be raining, too windy or the lawn may be too wet from the rain. Wouldn't worry about trying to schedule around it, normally they are later in the evening sometimes after 10 or 11 and after the shows in the theater.

Edited by miched

Is this done on all Solstice class ships - we are sailing Eclipse in March - hope we can do the same!

I believe as long as the temperatures are warm enough to be spending time outdoors, and the weather is favorable, they'd do it on any of the ships with a lawn. I didn't see it however on either of my cruises in October 2011 or 2012, so I wonder if it's more itinerary based? Mine were Med cruises.

They occurred on 2 out of the 3 Mediterranean cruises I was on. However the timing was bad - they were held at 7pm, therefore clashed with dinner time for us so couldn't attend ! (One was "Wine & Cheese", the other "Sangria & Tapas").

I know you have to buy the drink, but do Celebrity provide the "nibbles" for free ?

Do you need a reservation for this "lawn concert"? Is there a surcharge?

Guess date/time are mentioned in Celebrity Today, right?

Sangria & Tapas sound great :-)

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Edited by UniPac

We enjoyed the wine and cheese "concert" on our Aug Med cruise.

Can't remember the exact time but it was evening before sunset - if my memory is right it was while we were docked in Malta. The act was a younger guy on guitar and singing "easy listening" style music which frankly went well with the venue.

Very informal - no reservations - wine was covered by our package, cheese was gratis. Definitely worth doing but as said by someone else, not sure I would plan around it.

Edited by acadian_dad

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

The performer(s) would be along the lines of the jazz band or latin guitarist. It would only occur once or possibly twice on the cruise, weather allowing.

You don't need a reservation and yes, it was listed in the Celebrity Today.

Yes it does sound great - I really hope to get to do it on next cruise (might just have to skip dinner ! :p ).

We really enjoyed this event on reflection. It was held the night we were in port at San Juan and featured a guitar duo. It was very relaxing sitting on the lawn enjoying the music, wine and cheese under the stars. Wine was included in premium package and cheese plate was free. People in the lawn club grille could also enjoy the concern. It was definitely the best use of the lawn on that ship.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Library Lady!! Thank you so much for your S-class spreadsheet, it is invaluable!! I wanted to add my review of a suite I enjoyed on Reflection, particularly as it doesn't seem to be currently listed in the spreadsheet. I was in (S1) Sky Suite 1688 Deck 11 Starboard aft corner. Superb and larger than standard suite! Bed near balcony. There is one pole in the suite, against the side of the bed (about 4/5 way down toward bottom of bed) on the bathroom side of the bed. I didn't find it a problem. Exceptionally quiet suite. Loved the HUGE round window in addition to the Balcony sliders. Balcony is huge and view is fantastic, it is a "wraparound" balcony, so both aft and Starboard views. Window washing equipment is usually parked on the starboard end of the balcony, but it really doesn't distract from the view. Very private. Wind was never a problem, did get very minor sooting, but never enough to be annoying and crew kept it cleaned. One note for VERY tall people (I am 6'6") and had to duck somewhat for the very large rainfall showerhead in the tub of the fabulous bathroom. People under 6'2" probably need not worry. This is on the penthouse deck so crew is of the highest caliber.

Would take this suite again in a heartbeat.

Edited by AndersonIslander

• 4 weeks later...

(The original theme of this was about concerts on the lawn - the AndersonIslander addition isn't related

to it).

........ they have concerts on the lawn with wine and cheese. .....

Disappointed to report that I have returned from my Mediterranean cruise on Equinox (weather was beautiful) and they held NO event on the Lawn (in 12 nights) ! :eek:

Celebrity like to show the lawn in lots of their advertising (and often with a singer/picnic event thing happening) but the reality doesn't live up to the advertising, as an event there is actually an uncommon occurrence.

Does seem to be very hit & miss as to what events occur on each ship.

No reservation necessary and dates and time are definitely mentioned in the daily program (click here). There is no extra charge except for the wine if you'd like to buy a glass. I recall there being at least two such events on our Eclipse Caribbean cruise last March - one was before dinner and one after. I think the jazz band on board played at both. We also had our own Champagne "picnic" out there when sailing away from one of the islands. They provided blankets to sit on, pillows (I think) and some sort of seat that forms a backrest when you're sitting on the ground.

Here are some photos: Jazz on The Lawn during sail away from Aruba

Edited by Lsimon

No reservation necessary and dates and time are definitely mentioned in the daily program (click here). There is no extra charge except for the wine if you'd like to buy a glass. I recall there being at least two such events on our Eclipse Caribbean cruise last March - one was before dinner and one after. I think the jazz band on board played at both. We also had our own Champagne "picnic" out there when sailing away from one of the islands. They provided blankets to sit on, pillows (I think) and some sort of seat that forms a backrest when you're sitting on the ground.

Here are some photos: Jazz on The Lawn during sail away from Aruba

Very nice pictures! Thanks for sharing.