p&o drinks expensive!

caziann

Portunus changed to Peninsular club nearly two years ago. You need to have 15 nights on board to get to the first tier, Pacific, which gives you 5% off your onboard spend. As well as drinks, this includes excursions, photos, etc

Details here

http://www.pocruises.com/about-po-cruises/peninsular-club/peninsular-club-introduction/

Brian

I knew it began with P:D. Just behind times.:)

Molly

It's okay for you guys who are used to cruising. I'm about to go for our first cruise but have been spoilt by going on all-inclusive holidays for years now.

The drinks bill will I'm sure , hold me in fear on the last day :-(

Teetotal anyone?

It's okay for you guys who are used to cruising. I'm about to go for our first cruise but have been spoilt by going on all-inclusive holidays for years now.

The drinks bill will I'm sure , hold me in fear on the last day :-(

Teetotal anyone?

Don't worry about it! We have a few drinks most nights and we genuinely think bar prices in P&O are equivalent to hotel prices at home and you can check every day what the total on your onboard account. If you're on Azura or Ventura you can do this via your cabin TV or on other ships just call at Reception and ask for a print out whenever you want.

But you're on holiday. so relax and enjoy yourself and don't worry about your account You'll spend more on excursions if you choose to do them than you spend on board and in many ports it's really easy to do your own thing rather than be marched around in a big group on a tour

Hi

I really am with you on this one after holidaying in the Maldives and the Caribbean always AI it was a worry for us - what was the bill going to be at the end of the holiday was it going to be a shock??

We did a TA on the QM2 with a 15% S/C it was reasonable considering it was winter and force 10 and not much to do other than go to the bar. In March we did the Caribbean again very good in fact better than Cunard no S/C and prices just like UK bars. If you go mad at home you will pay just like on board.

It is a worry do your research check out your likely spend so there is not a shock at the end of your holiday and remember you can take booze on board for cabin consumption which helps with the costs.

Shallwe

You can check your on board account from your stateroom TV on the bigger ships ventura/azura (not sure if that apples to the smaller ones) so we simply checked to see how we were doing. Or you can go to the Passengers service desk (pursers desk) and they will give you a printout. Have a great cruise - your problem will be once you try cruising it becomes addictive!!

G'day there..We are on Arcadia - J402, Central Med - 13 April 2014. Now that is the first cruise post Worldie, the ship arrives at Southampton from the Worldie that day. Perhaps they might have some cheap plonk on board to sell in the MDR that the World Cruisers did not want to imbibe in. Wishful thinking? Well we were on Arcadia last year, WC, Sydney to Southampton, during the last week or so they were selling drinkable Aussie wine in the MDR for around £9 a bottle, to clear the stocks. They were also selling 375 ml cans of Tooheys (Australian lager) for £1 a can to get rid of it as they had a heap of it brought on board in Sydney and it was not a seller, until they they marked it down from £3 a can to £1. Our waiters told us the crew bar was selling the Tooheys Lager for 50p. Lubberly Jubberly.

Just my two cents worth.

Edited by NSWP

Hi, I bought the soft drinks package in March this year on the ,Ventura, the only problem was is they served it in pint measures and it takes some drinking and it soon goes warm and flat, but it was in the Caribbean, I think it was £30 for 20 drinks and you could pay extra to add the icecream package on. It's ok if you have 2 children sharing the pop.

Celebrity do both bulmers and strongbow ciders. at around $5 a bottle. Carol

P&O had Magners and Strongbow last year, as do Princess. I am a cider person. I wish they had ye olde Scrumpy on board !