Ultimate Beverage Package - No Judging :)

llmayhan

We purchased the Ultimate Beverage Package on the Dawn 09/13 from Boston to Quebec. The package cost was $788.90 ($394.45 per person), including tax and gratuity. We kept all of our receipts and kept track of the actual cost of the drinks. Our total was $987.39. Did anyone else come out "ahead"?

One thing, make sure to go by the guest services desk every couple days to make sure that you are not being charged for any drinks. We had a few that were accidentally charged to our account, but did not have any trouble getting the charges removed.

We purchased the Ultimate Beverage Package on the Dawn 09/13 from Boston to Quebec. The package cost was $788.90 ($394.45 per person), including tax and gratuity. We kept all of our receipts and kept track of the actual cost of the drinks. Our total was $987.39. Did anyone else come out "ahead"?

One thing, make sure to go by the guest services desk every couple days to make sure that you are not being charged for any drinks. We had a few that were accidentally charged to our account, but did not have any trouble getting the charges removed.

Excellent. We are excited to try it out on the Jewel later this month.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Thanks for the info and beverage list it's all very helpful!

Wish we could buy the UBP, but will be sailing during the Spring Break "black out" period. Darn!

Wish we could buy the UBP, but will be sailing during the Spring Break "black out" period. Darn!

Wish I could also but dh doesn't drink. Can't purchase it for only one person in the cabin.

We did a 7night Greek isles cruise on the Jade and saved our receipts. It totaled to a little over 1200. We made out but I did feel like I would drink more because I wanted to get my money's worth but this was also a very port intensive cruise with only 2 sea days. We are sailing the Breakaway to the Bahamas in 3 weeks and definitely buying it again. Especially since we do not plan on getting off the ship in Florida and it's good for the private island.

Good for you. :)

I know that there is no way to know for sure, but if you had not purchased the UBP do you think that you still would have run up a $987.39 bar tab?

Good for you. :)

I know that there is no way to know for sure, but if you had not purchased the UBP do you think that you still would have run up a $987.39 bar tab?

I just talked with my DH and we both agreed that our bar bill without the UBP would have been less, but we would still do it again. We tried lots of new drinks that we would not have tried and it was nice to not to worry about the cost. The UBP also includes soda, but we didn't drink any the whole time.

Does anyone know how much the alcoholic drinks cost on average? I'm sure it depends, but just a general idea?

Most of the beer that my DH drank was $6.04 or $6.36 including tax and tip. I drank mostly wine, that was around $10 with tax and tip. Shots of 1800 were around $5 or $6 and martinis were around $9.75. The drink of the day was between $7.45 & $9.70.

On the 4 day Sky just after the drink pkg started. Paid around $450 for 2. Totaled our receipts, $914.00 and think I lost some of the receipts. We average about $200 aday on drinks without the pkg. So it worked well for us. Both 74yo and in good health. Cruise about 6 times a year. Like the 4 and 5 day. All we can handle.

Most of the beer that my DH drank was $6.04 or $6.36 including tax and tip. I drank mostly wine, that was around $10 with tax and tip. Shots of 1800 were around $5 or $6 and martinis were around $9.75. The drink of the day was between $7.45 & $9.70.

Thank you for that info! Definitely very helpful when we make our decision. That's way I love these forums! Lot's of helpful info!

Wish I could also but dh doesn't drink. Can't purchase it for only one person in the cabin.

I certainly understand why we can't purchase just one per cabin, but I am still disappointed in that. We are going on the Sun in December. Hubby doesn't drink as much as I do, so it would be a waste for us. The wine/beer package is almost as much, so that is out. They had a great wine package earlier this year: You could buy 4 or 6 bottle packages at a great price, but it appears that has been eliminated as well. I guess we are back to ordering a bottle of scotch for our cabin (hubby) and bringing on board about 6 bottle of wine and paying the corkage fees. I was hoping to get away from that this cruise.

Lightweight .. :D

Are there specific dates for the Spring Break "black out"? We will be on the March 6 sailing of the Sun. Will we be affected?

Are there specific dates for the Spring Break "black out"? We will be on the March 6 sailing of the Sun. Will we be affected?

I'm afraid so the Spring Break black out covers 1st March to 15th April, hits us as well despite the fact we are cruising in Europe:mad:

I'm afraid so the Spring Break black out covers 1st March to 15th April, hits us as well despite the fact we are cruising in Europe:mad:

That's really unfortunate. This cruise is an 11 day cruise and I don't think it will be too popular with the spring breakers. I will now make arrangements to bring some wine on board with me but I was looking forward to not having the hassle.

FIrst of all to the OP.... you shouldnt care if people judge, your on vacation:D Seriously though, we were on celebrity and got their UBP and im not sure if we came out on top or not but i did enjoy trying drinks that i may not have wanted to take the risk on but their package included martinis which is what I like to drink in the evening and frozen cocktails during the day. \From what I understand NCL does not include martini's in their plan. I dont understand why they would be excluded. I also dont agree that you have to buy for both people in the cabin. we travelled with my sister and her husband and they both got the UBP (on celebrity) because if you bought 1, you had to buy 2. My sister is not a drinker but thought she'd try some things out, it was a total waste for her. I wouldlike to think that most folks are honest enough to play by the rules. I means seriously, if you have to try and score free drinks on someone elses drink package maybe you should just save a little longer for your cruise. :confused:

Thanks for the info! We're sailing the breakaway July 2014 and have been wondering about getting the UBP. Is wine included? Didn't see it listed in your pix. Thanx!

Yes, the NCL UBP includes wine under $10 per glass.

FIrst of all to the OP.... you shouldnt care if people judge, your on vacation:D Seriously though, we were on celebrity and got their UBP and im not sure if we came out on top or not but i did enjoy trying drinks that i may not have wanted to take the risk on but their package included martinis which is what I like to drink in the evening and frozen cocktails during the day. \From what I understand NCL does not include martini's in their plan. I dont understand why they would be excluded. I also dont agree that you have to buy for both people in the cabin. we travelled with my sister and her husband and they both got the UBP (on celebrity) because if you bought 1, you had to buy 2. My sister is not a drinker but thought she'd try some things out, it was a total waste for her. I wouldlike to think that most folks are honest enough to play by the rules. I means seriously, if you have to try and score free drinks on someone elses drink package maybe you should just save a little longer for your cruise. :confused:

The NCL UBP does include martinis as long as they are made with spirits that are on the included list. Believe me, I had plenty of them!!

New to NCL.....is there a lower level beverage pkg. that includes beer/wine/soft drinks only? If so, what is the cost for that one?

The Corks and Caps package only includes beer and wine, no soda. Soda is included in the UBP.

Archived