Allure with young children; recommendations?

vega

Hi, hubby and I will be sailing on the Allure for Thanksgiving and will be taking our little ones (an almost two year old and a six year old). Any tips? What are the good beaches to go to in St. Maarten and Nassau? We usually go to Orient (Orion?) Beach in St. Maarten and Paradise Island in Nassau but would like to try something new.

Many thanks,

Lana

Yes, with regards to the shows, are there other shows besides the ones you pre-book for?

There is also a character breakfast featuring Dreamworks characters that you can pre book free of charge!!!! :D

There will also be a Dreamworks Parade on the Royal promenade!!!

Both of these you and your kids will love. Have a great trip.....

Sean

We just got back this week from sailing with our 6 year old. She went to every show(minus Chicago)and loved them all, her favorites however were the Dreamworks dive show, the Move it Move it parade and The How to Train Your Dragon ice show. For the parade get there early so you can get seats. As far as beaches though I can't help out, we just walked to town in St Maarten and went to the beach there.

We just got back this week from sailing with our 6 year old. She went to every show(minus Chicago)and loved them all, her favorites however were the Dreamworks dive show, the Move it Move it parade and The How to Train Your Dragon ice show. For the parade get there early so you can get seats. As far as beaches though I can't help out, we just walked to town in St Maarten and went to the beach there.

Be aware that this beach has a raw sewage problem - Consider swimming only at the furthest point away from the town.

Thanks for all of the responses about the shows; very helpful. How will I find out what date/time these shows are held? Through the daily compass? Are there other shows that we don't have to pre-book for?

If anyone used the babysitting service, where someone stays in your room while your kids sleep, when do you sign up for that and do they gave the parents a cell or beeper, in case the child wakes up and you have to go back?

Thanks!

Thanks for all of the responses about the shows; very helpful. How will I find out what date/time these shows are held? Through the daily compass? Are there other shows that we don't have to pre-book for?

If anyone used the babysitting service, where someone stays in your room while your kids sleep, when do you sign up for that and do they gave the parents a cell or beeper, in case the child wakes up and you have to go back?

Thanks!

Yes, the Cruise Compass will have a schedule of all the shows, those that allow reservations, and those that are first come, first served. There were several shows on our Allure cruise that did not have advance reservations.

Thanks, I have two more questions:

1. How long before the show starts should we get to the theater to grab decent seats?

2. If we were to book a specialty restaurant, are there any nights in particular we should consider, or stay away from? I'd prefer not to miss Captain's night and lobster night.

Thanks,

Lana

Also, is it possible to stop by a CVS/Walgreens or Duane Reade somewhere along the way from Fort Laut airport to the pier to pick up water? Is there one close to the pier? I would prefer not to pay crazy money for the water package from the ship when we could buy water for a tenth of the cost ourselves.

Many thanks,

Lana

Also, is it possible to stop by a CVS/Walgreens or Duane Reade somewhere along the way from Fort Laut airport to the pier to pick up water? Is there one close to the pier? I would prefer not to pay crazy money for the water package from the ship when we could buy water for a tenth of the cost ourselves.

Many thanks,

Lana

You should be able to find a Publix Supermarket, CVS or Walgreens. Just call the hotel your staying at and ask them which one is the closest.

Thanks, I have two more questions:

1. How long before the show starts should we get to the theater to grab decent seats?

2. If we were to book a specialty restaurant, are there any nights in particular we should consider, or stay away from? I'd prefer not to miss Captain's night and lobster night.

Thanks,

Lana

Regarding seats in the theater, it all depends how many seats you want together. With a party of two, you would probably be OK getting there 15 to 20 minutes early, before they open up seating to those without reservations. If you have a party of 8, then I'd get there 45 minutes early.

We'l be traveling as a party of 6, so I guess we should get there about 40 minutes early.

To clarify, the Dreamworks breakfast we have to pre-book is free of charge, right?

We're actually not staying in a hotel; we're flying in the day of hte cruise. Do you know if there's a pharmacy close to the peer?

Thanks,

Lana

We'l be traveling as a party of 6, so I guess we should get there about 40 minutes early.

To clarify, the Dreamworks breakfast we have to pre-book is free of charge, right?

We're actually not staying in a hotel; we're flying in the day of hte cruise. Do you know if there's a pharmacy close to the peer?

Thanks,

Lana

Dreamworks breakfast is complimentary.

Thanks,

Lana

Yes the breakfast is free! If you can't pre-book online just call RC.

There is a Publix Supermarket and a Walgreens within 2 miles of the port. Hope this helps!

• 2 weeks later...
I couldn't book the character breakfast online or by phone. :( It looks like it's all booked up! Bummer!

go to the mdr where they hold the character breakfast. You will have to stand in line but if some people don't show, they will seat you. (they always have some no-shows as it is early-8am)

Archived