purchasing bottle of alcohol onboard NCL?

danogg

Thought I read somewhere that you could purchase bottles of alcohol onboard but can't find where I read it? Curious about prices whether this would be worthwhile for the room?

Do a search above . " Bar set up " .. lots and lots of info ;)

Thought I read somewhere that you could purchase bottles of alcohol onboard but can't find where I read it? Curious about prices whether this would be worthwhile for the room?

Hope this helps.

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1809859

At these prices, don't think we'll bother. :eek:

Name brand spirits are offered by the bottle. These alcoholic beverages are sold as Bar Set Up amenity orders. Bar Set-Up is available on all Ships excluding Pride of America.

Please Note:

Bar Set-Up is available for all stateroom categories.

Bar Set-Up is not available for purchase onboard.

Bar Set-Up must be pre-arranged before the voyage and can be requested up to the day prior to sailing.

Prices are subject to change. Service fee of $3.00 per bottle will be applied.

Bourbon/Whiskey

Seagram's 7 Crown $80 1 Ltr

Jack Daniel's Black $100 1 Ltr

Crown Royal Special Reserve $100 750 Ml

Cognac

Courvoisier VS $120 750 ml

Rémy Martin V.S.O.P $100 700 ml

Gin

Beefeater $80 1 Ltr

Bombay Sapphire $100 1 Ltr

Liqueurs

Baileys Irish Cream $100 1 Ltr

Southern Comfort $100 1 Ltr

Disaronno Amaretto $100 1 Ltr

Godiva Chocolate $100 750 Ml

Grand Marnier $100 1 Ltr

Kahlua $100 1 Ltr

Rum

Bacardi Superior $80 1 Ltr

Captain Morgan $80 1 Ltr

Scotch Whiskey

J&B Rare $80 1 Ltr

Glenfiddich $100 1 Ltr

Chivas Regal $100 1 Ltr

JW Black $123 980 Ml

Tequila

Cuervo Gold $80 1 Ltr

1800 Reposado $100 750 Ml

Don Julio Reposado $120 750 Ml

Vodka

Smirnoff $80 1 Ltr

Absolut $100 1 Ltr

Absolut Citron $100 1 Ltr

Absolut Apeach $100 1 Ltr

Grey Goose $120 1 Ltr

Grey Goose L'Orange $120 1 Ltr

Grey Goose La Poire $120 1 Ltr

When guests purchase a bottle of liquor they can choose 3 garnishes and 3 mixers from the list below once they arrive onboard.

• Bloody Mary Mix

• Apple slices

• Pepsi

• Banana

• Club Soda

• Carrot

• Cranberry Juice

• Celery

• Diet Pepsi

• Lemon slices

• Grapefruit Juice

• Lime slices

• Orange Juice

• Maraschino Cherries

• Pineapple Juice

• Orange slices

• Sierra Mist

• Peppers

• Sweet and Sour Mix

• Pineapple wedges

• Tomato Juice

• Pitted Olives

• Tonic

• Strawberries

These prices were from 9/2012~

Was just looking at that exact same thread. Ouch....80 bucks for a litre of Smirnoff vodka!! I assume you have to pay 15% gratuity on top of that too?? Works out to 1L=32 oz so about 2.50 a shot....not that bad considering they provide mixers with it. Wonder if they give enough mixers to make 32 drinks?? I'll have to give it some thought....

Was just looking at that exact same thread. Ouch....80 bucks for a litre of Smirnoff vodka!! I assume you have to pay 15% gratuity on top of that too?? Works out to 1L=32 oz so about 2.50 a shot....not that bad considering they provide mixers with it. Wonder if they give enough mixers to make 32 drinks?? I'll have to give it some thought....

If you order the bar set-up before the cruise you pay a $3 per bottle service fee. If you wait until you're on board, the bottle will still be $80 (although I noticed the $80 bottle of vodka was Svedka if you bought it on the ship instead of Smirnoff) plus the 15%.

So if you are going to purchase a bottle for your room, doing so ahead of time is the way to go.

As far as mixers go, 3 cans per bottle seem to be the norm.

Edited by Cubechick

If you order the bar set-up before the cruise you pay a $3 per bottle service fee. If you wait until you're on board, the bottle will still be $80 (although I noticed the $80 bottle of vodka was Svedka if you bought it on the ship instead of Smirnoff) plus the 15%.

So if you are going to purchase a bottle for your room, doing so ahead of time is the way to go.

As far as mixers go, 3 cans per bottle seem to be the norm.

I would not bet my last dollar on this . The standing rule says , no purchase once on board . Not saying its impossible , but I have been told no more than once. You can "always" buy a bottle on board But at the current shot price +15%.

Now , like I said , It can happen but I'd still pre-purchase .. ;)

Edited by mpk218

I would not bet my last dollar on this . The standing rule says , no purchase once on board . Not saying its impossible , but I have been told no more than once. You can "always" buy a bottle on board But at the current shot price +15%.

Now , like I said , It can happen but I'd still pre-purchase .. ;)

I got off of the Star last week.

The last page of the drink menu in the Red Lion was a list of bottles and their prices. I didn't take a picture of it, but thought it interesting and noticed that the prices were the same as pre-purchasing, eg Grey Goose $120. But as I noted, you would pay the 15% gratuity if you bought this on board.

It was the first time I saw bottles in print.

Edited by Cubechick

I got off of the Star last week.

The last page of the drink menu in the Red Lion was a list of bottles and their prices. I didn't take a picture of it, but thought it interesting and noticed that the prices were the same as pre-purchasing, eg Grey Goose $120. But as I noted, you would pay the 15% gratuity if you bought this on board.

It was the first time I saw bottles in print.

Wow , thats a new one .and the first I have heard of it . I hope it sticks..;)

We are sailing during the Spring Break blackout, so no UBP for us. I had forgotten up the bar setup being available so will be considering this.

I'm way past considering the "rr" route. It seems so tacky to request mixers from the butler and then afterward dig out your hidden stash. I'm sure none of the butlers are fooled.

Thanks for the reminder!

Unless it has changed, you can not buy it on board, you do it ahead of time and no, there is no gratuity if you do it that way. I don't figure 32 drinks (that is only an ounce) we figure about 20. It is still cheaper than buying it at the bar. Bar drinks will run 6.50 or so. I do agree, the price is over the top, put we will probably go ahead and do it anyway.

And still no Bourbon :mad:

How many times NCL ? How many times ?

I with ya there. For those prices you might think they could include Wild Turkey or Maker's Mark. They also don't have any Brandy options - just Cognac.

I've always sworn on RCI that if they would allow bottle purchase and consumption in the cabin, even at inflated prices, I would do that before even thinking about smuggling. Score one for NCL.

Unless it has changed, you can not buy it on board, you do it ahead of time and no, there is no gratuity if you do it that way. I don't figure 32 drinks (that is only an ounce) we figure about 20. It is still cheaper than buying it at the bar. Bar drinks will run 6.50 or so. I do agree, the price is over the top, put we will probably go ahead and do it anyway.

As I stated, yes you can do this on board. I saw the bottles listed on a menu last week. ;)

Yes there is a gratuity of $3 per bottle added if you order the bar set-up before the cruise.

As I stated, yes you can [order bottles of liquor] on board. I saw the bottles listed on a menu last week. ;)

Cool.

I think I'd still rather order before hand and pay the $3 gratuity per bottle pre-boarding rather than 15% gratuity on board, and I'd rather be safe than sorry in case they are just testing the menu out.

Ben would frown without his bar-setup :P

P1020227.JPG

Edited by kylenyc

Yes there is a gratuity of $3 per bottle added if you order the bar set-up before the cruise.

Cool.

I think I'd still rather order before hand and pay the $3 gratuity per bottle pre-boarding rather than 15% gratuity on board, and I'd rather be safe than sorry in case they are just testing the menu out.

Ben would frown without his bar-setup :P

P1020227.JPG

did I say there was no gratuity? If you took it that way, that isn't what I meant. Yes, the $3 charge has been there since the plan started over 10 years ago. I believe what I said was, no there is no 15% gratuity. A $3 service charge for delivery is a little different from a 15% gratuity.

We do a bar setup everytime we cruise...well worth it in our opinion!

Neverthought

We usually have as well except last time, but this time I think we will and I might order a couple of bottles of wine for the cabin as well, or maybe even 4 or 5. I know it is still a good deal to bring your own on and pay the $15, but it is such a pain in the you know where.

• 1 month later...