Have you ever noticed vibration in the MDR on S-Class ships?

CruisingGatorGirl

Hello, happy Saturday :)

I have only been on one X cruise (Solstice) and I DO NOT recall any vibration in the MDR. I will be on the Equinox this December for our honeymoon.

However, I went on a Carnival cruise (Sensation) this summer and the vibration was so intense in the MDR it made me feel "car sick." I can't read in a car and I had that same sense of sickness in the MDR. it was so bad that I could not stay in the MDR to eat :( (I even lost what little dinner I did attempt, blah)

This made me think "maybe we got lucky" with our location of our table on the Solstice? Or, is this generally not a problem at all on S-Class ships? (I found an older thread on M class but not S class)

Thanks in advance, I hope you all have a great weekend!

We just disembarked Equinox on Tuesday, and never felt any vibation in the MDR or anywhere else on the ship. Actually the seas were so calm, that we hardly felt like we were on a ship. We usually like a little rocking motion to sleep better.

Primarily vibration issues, if any, would come up on the M class ships dining rooms at the back of the ship. I agree it is more unusual on S class. But never say never - sometimes it depends on the seas. On my recent Solstice cruise, one day the seas were around 10' and while it did not sway too much, the Captain had turned on the stabilizers so the ride was very bumpy that day. I don't know how else to describe it. It was like you were riding a car along a very uneven road. I found it better than the rocking motion as far as seasickness, but I know it bothered some people. but by and large I do agree S class ships usually do not have much vibration in the MDR.

Archived