Best cabin for 2 adults and a 6 year old

Discodaisy

Our first cruise on RC was great. We had a balcony room. The pull out sofa bed for child wasn't very comfortable and made it hard to move around the room. Next time I would like a balcony room again, more space and be able to have the 3rd bed set up all the time ( but no bunks please ). Any suggestions ? We did use the cabin during the day just to chill out between activities so more space would be great. Thanks

We are a family of 7, and the last time we cruised, my kids ranged in age from 7 - 14. Some slept on the couch, some slept on the bunks, and they were fine. I don't think you can find another sleeping option without getting into the suite category. My kids can sleep on anything,

I can't imagine a sofa bed not being comfortable enough for a child....you know, kids can pretty much sleep anywhere! While I wouldn't want to spend a week on a sofa bed, a lightweight child shouldn't really have an issue!

The pullmans come down from the wall or ceiling, so they take up no floor space.

Have you considered Carnival? For the 3rd berth in a Balcony cabin they change the sofa into a bed, but it's not a pullout. And they leave it made up as a bed for the rest of the trip. So you lose the sofa, but it's not a pullout and doesn't get in the way.

I searched the internet and found a photo (not mine):

P1050435.jpg

Is there a particular reason you are against bunk beds? We had had 2 cabins with them now and they are very popular with my boys. I was quite leery of letting our youngest sleep in one, but he did so at 5 years and actually did fine. The bed rails on NCL and DCL were certainly more than adequate to keep him safe in the bed. Plus bedtime was easier because of the novelty of the bunk bed!

The Pullmans make a big difference in cabin space when you're in a balcony, and my boys tell me they are more comfortable than the pull out sofa beds.

Archived