Seattle pier to airport transfer costs?

jeph

What does Celebrity charge for a transfer from pier to airport? In May, I will be on a cruise leaving from Vancouver (no transfer issues there, since my hotel is so close by) but returning to Seattle at the end of the voyage. I will be traveling solo, so finding another solo traveler to share a cab is unlikely.

Any other information returning Seattle passengers can recall-- such as timing, and pier location for Celebrity-- will be appreciated.

What does Celebrity charge for a transfer from pier to airport? In May, I will be on a cruise leaving from Vancouver (no transfer issues there, since my hotel is so close by) but returning to Seattle at the end of the voyage. I will be traveling solo, so finding another solo traveler to share a cab is unlikely.

Any other information returning Seattle passengers can recall-- such as timing, and pier location for Celebrity-- will be appreciated.

We've found an abundance of transportation options in Seattle for not too much money. We didn't use them this last time around as we have friends in the area. However, we once took a limo at the airport to Bells Pier and it was approx. $45+tip for all 4 of us. This may have been a fluke. At our disembarkation, it was kept a bit hush hush but they were offering the transfers back to the airport for 1/2 price if you hadn't already purchased them.

Bells Pier is so much easier, however, than Smith's Cove, which is further away from downtown. If you are docking at Bells Pier -- there is a lightrail not far from there that will take you to the airport for $2.75 -- but with a fair amount of luggage, that may be a hassle. If you are a light packer -- you could grab a cab for a few dollars to the Westlake Center to grab the light rail.

Also, there are shuttles from downtown to the airport that leave the nearby hotels for $19 pp. A cab will run you about $40. It is a flat rate and you may have to request it. We learned all this from the nicest concierge at the Sheraton Downtown. From Smith's Cove, it is probably several dollars more as there is really nothing else nearby.

If you check the west coast departures link, you will find a multitude of transportation options.

Hi,:) from everything I have been reading, looks like this season Celebrity

has been using Pier 91. In years past they always used Pier 66.

You are sailing May 2014? You might post this question again next

year in order to get a current answer for your cruise.

As for sailing solo, I have been doing that for 10 years now.:)....

Hope you have a great cruise:D.......oh, about the transfers, I

suggest waiting till 2014 for those prices too....things can change.

And I don't usually look for other solo's to share with......couples

work just as well;).....seriously, I would see if there is a roll call

started for your cruise. It is a great way to meet other folks:)

Thanks for the info. Last time I was in Seattle, I walked from my hotel, which was close to the Space Needle, to the monorail there, which connects with the light rail down to the airport, although with a separate fare for each. It was a bit of exercise w my luggage, but it worked fine for me.

I did check in and say hello on the roll call for my sailing pretty much as soon as I'd booked (about 5 weeks back), and I will talk to them about the best plan for the airport as well. I will also check out that west coast board mentioned.

The last time I cruised from Seattle our Limo never showed up. We just found a driver and he took us to the airport for less than what were were paying. There are tons of drivers dropping people off and they are more than happy to make some extra cash on the drive back to the Airport.

If you want to hook up with someone else going back to the airport that is fine too, just check your Roll call.

We booked with Seattle Express to/from Sea-tac to Pier 91.

took awhile to get to the pier as we had to drop off about 3 other people before Pier 91, but return was to Sea-tac was much better as everyome was going to same destination.

We took a cab from Pier 91 to Westlake Center and rode light rail from there to the airport. Easy to find, buy tickets at the automated booth, and get on light rail. We had one suitcase and one carry-on each. Easy peasy.

Bon voyage

Betsy

Archived