Greetings from the Whisper

duct tape

Hi, Rosepark and your DH! It was wonderful to sail with you two again. I agree with your earlier review. The Whisper was better than ever on the recent Montreal to NYC segment. We thought that the food was outstanding, the ship spotless and, in all, the ship was beautifully run. That is Norman, the HD, for you! He runs a tight ship. I was so pleased to hear from several of the crew, in a wide variety of positions, that he is strict, but very fair. We think his influence truly shows.

I guess the foliage show could have been more dramatic, but we honestly didn't care. We had a superb time, capped off by the spectacular fireworks from a barge moored directly behind the Whisper on the Hudson River. With SS we have many years of unforgettable memories, but those fireworks are close to the top of our list. No one expected this, and it was truly fabulous. Bravo to the brilliant staff in the Terrasse. As Rosepark wrote, we were all jumping up and down from the tables during the breathtaking arrival into NYC. The service was terrific inspite of all the interruptions.

CrusinPashmina- have emailed you off board.

Good to hear that the weather and the Whisper continue to be fine. Saguenay gave us an enthusiastic welcome, so the show you get should be fun.

Rp

The show in Sanguenay was terrific! Well behaved animals on stage. Rainy and chilly this AM in Quebec but the sun came out. The crui terminal area has improved since last we were here. Very nice lunch @ l'echaud e, brasserie, within walking distance of the ship. Turnover day tomorrow. 11 in transit and the ship wil be full again.

Sitting on the 26th floor and just watched the Whisper dock here in Montreal. We will checkout around 12:45 and then head to the ship for boarding. Weather is perfect this morning, and we are very much looking forward to our cruise. Met another couple in the first class cabin of our Qantas flight on Wednesday, then another couple at the lost baggage counter in Montreal Wednesday night who are also cruising on the Whisper, all from Australia like us. Have added a photo of the Whisper docked in port taken from the tower of our suite here at the Intercontinental. Whisper is on the left, Oceania's Regatta on the right. [ATTACH]290129[/ATTACH]

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Hope the luggage turned up and happy trip.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

Yes the luggage turned up, but have acquired a bloody cold, so a little miserable at present......something I am sure the whisper will cure in no time (though have been to the local pharmacy and stocked up on medicines to help curb the wretched lurgy!!!!!!)

Yes the luggage turned up' date=' but have acquired a bloody cold, so a little miserable at present......something I am sure the whisper will cure in no time (though have been to the local pharmacy and stocked up on medicines to help curb the wretched lurgy!!!!!!)

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app[/quote']

Bon voyage--have a fabulous cruise. I hope you feel better.

I must ask you how you managed to post a larger photo--did you do it directly thru CC or download to a photo site? When I post directly on cc, all I can get is thumbnails!

Yes the luggage turned up' date=' but have acquired a bloody cold, so a little miserable at present......something I am sure the whisper will cure in no time (though have been to the local pharmacy and stocked up on medicines to help curb the wretched lurgy!!!!!!)

Please be honest when filling out the health form. And if you can't be honest, at least be courteous enough to keep your distance from us.

Please be honest when filling out the health form. And if you can't be honest, at least be courteous enough to keep your distance from us.

Hi oregon50,

I am an adult and believe I am a responsible one at that.

I HAVE honestly filled in the health form saying what my symptoms are, runny nose, sneezing etc.

I also have told anyone I have met about my cold, not that I need to as I am tissues in hand always.

BUT I will keep away from you as you wish.

Chris

Bon voyage--have a fabulous cruise. I hope you feel better.

I must ask you how you managed to post a larger photo--did you do it directly thru CC or download to a photo site? When I post directly on cc, all I can get is thumbnails!

Hi Herman,

I use a thing called Tapatalk, just took the photo with my Ipad and it just uploads to the cruise Critic Forums, which i have added to this app.

If I can do it, anyone can, i am a dummy where most of this stuff is concerned.

Chris

Hi Herman' date='

I use a thing called Tapatalk, just took the photo with my Ipad and it just uploads to the cruise Critic Forums, which i have added to this app.

If I can do it, anyone can, i am a dummy where most of this stuff is concerned.

Chris

Chris

I hope you are having a fantastic time, sniffles notwithstanding, try a few hot toddies or if you prefer, Deep Blue Seas in the Panorama. I found that after a couple of those, I could feel my brain cells disintegrating so I am sure any germs wouldn't stand a chance.

Now has your husband found anything to fix yet? I do hope not, ship looked in reasonable nick to me ( carpets excepted) but then again, was I seeing straight cf Deep blue Sea above?

Rp

Chris

I hope you are having a fantastic time, sniffles notwithstanding, try a few hot toddies or if you prefer, Deep Blue Seas in the Panorama. I found that after a couple of those, I could feel my brain cells disintegrating so I am sure any germs wouldn't stand a chance.

Now has your husband found anything to fix yet? I do hope not, ship looked in reasonable nick to me ( carpets excepted) but then again, was I seeing straight cf Deep blue Sea above?

Rp

Hi Rose,

I am having a wonderful time, or should I say we are having a wonderful time. Have shaken off the cold, but heaven forbid, I must try a Deep Blue Sea, just to check if it would have helped get rid of the cold.

You are quite right, Ken has found nothing to fix............carpet cleaning not in his repertoire!!!!!!!!! He is actually relaxing and really getting into the swing of things.

We have been treated rather royally, and could not fault anything so far. The staff are superb, love Sergio in the dining room, our butler Chan is very attentive. Fernando is amazing..........how entertaining he is when we play trivia, a man with a phenomenal memory for names.

Tonight is our first formal night, I am looking forward to that very much and also the Captains Cocktail Party, which i am sure we shall also enjoy. We are dining in La Champagne tonight as a treat for ourselves on our very first formal night.

So far we appear to have missed the best of the colors, we are at present sitting off Saguenay, but we are seeing some, which is better than none.

Take care Rose and thanks for all the little bits of advice

Chris

Archived