Random thoughts from the Eurodam October 12, 2013

cruz chic

[quote name='RAJKR74'][FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=3][COLOR=blue]Looks like you had a good cruise. I'd stay in FL for few more days if I were you. Northwest weather is not as nice as Florida weather right now. We have fog and dreary low clouds with some rain later today. Good to see you are getting some exercise for the knee. Hope its feeling better?[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=3][COLOR=#0000ff]Rick[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

It was a good cruise except for almost getting robbed in Boston. I'd love to stay but that four letter word (work) is making me go back. Then I'll get to face that other 4 letter word (snow). I need a rest from this cruise too. It was a bit crazy.

Fort Lauderdale is a freak show today. I took the sun trolley to the galleria for 50 cents and it was fine going. Coming back was another story. There were people talking so loud it was nuts. They got off and two drunks got on. They proceeded to insult a few people on the bus. The driver threatened to kick them off so that shut them up for a few seconds. Then there was another woman that proceeded to tell her life story complete with how she lost her kids for being an unfit parent. She looked about 20. I guess that's what you get for 50 cents. I didn't spend a cent at the mall. I must be slipping.

Make sure you have closed-toe shoes and a warm jacket/sweater/something when your flight arrives. The weather reports are forecasting wind chills of around -18C by tomorrow. It isn't ghastly yet, but will be deteriorating by suppertime tonight. Man, I hate seeing snow in my back yard :eek:

[quote name='CowPrincess']Make sure you have closed-toe shoes and a warm jacket/sweater/something when your flight arrives. The weather reports are forecasting wind chills of around -18C by tomorrow. It isn't ghastly yet, but will be deteriorating by suppertime tonight. Man, I hate seeing snow in my back yard :eek:[/QUOTE]

You really know how to make a girl feel anxious to get home. :D:D

[quote name='sapper1']You really know how to make a girl feel anxious to get home. :D:D[/quote]

I guess I coulda lied :D If the wind doesn't get as bad as forecast, it won't feel as cold. Temps are only expected to be around -6C.... the windchill is going to be awful. It is supposed to improve a lot by Tuesday. There ya go, lorekauf -- better by Tuesday :D

[quote name='mamaofami'][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]Thanks for taking us along, Lorene. But, I missed what happened in Boston. Guess I'd better go back and read again. Safe home.[/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

I can't remember if I wrote about it or not. I feel like my brain has been in the blender. I was in the Prudential Mall looking at the store directory. It's in the middle where no one should be walking. All of a sudden this woman smashes into me and just about knocks me off my feet and then says sorry, sorry. My wallet was pretty far down into my bag and I didn't think tons about it at the time. It was odd. Then I had the taxi driver that wondered if I smoked pot. I'm an accountant for goodness sakes and I look at as proper as they come. Now, if someone heard my mouth at times they might think otherwise:D.

[quote name='CowPrincess']I guess I coulda lied :D If the wind doesn't get as bad as forecast, it won't feel as cold. Temps are only expected to be around -6C.... the windchill is going to be awful. It is supposed to improve a lot by Tuesday. There ya go, lorekauf -- better by Tuesday :D[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that is not sweetening the pot for me. I'm not ready for winter. It's so warm here. It wasn't even that cold on the cruise considering a lot of it was in Canada.

[quote name='lorekauf']It was a good cruise except for almost getting robbed in Boston. I'd love to stay but that four letter word (work) is making me go back. Then I'll get to face that other 4 letter word (snow). I need a rest from this cruise too. It was a bit crazy.

Fort Lauderdale is a freak show today. I took the sun trolley to the galleria for 50 cents and it was fine going. Coming back was another story. There were people talking so loud it was nuts. They got off and two drunks got on. They proceeded to insult a few people on the bus. The driver threatened to kick them off so that shut them up for a few seconds. Then there was another woman that proceeded to tell her life story complete with how she lost her kids for being an unfit parent. She looked about 20. I guess that's what you get for 50 cents. I didn't spend a cent at the mall. I must be slipping.[/quote]

Welcome back!....even though you face work and snow at home (sorry!).
Also sorry to hear that your MDR experience at the end there was not good. Hope this is not a trend for HAL. Thanks for all your posts telling us about your experiences, but I have one question.........you were almost robbed in Boston??? Good grief, what happened? Glad you are okay......

[B][I]OOPs, nevermind, I just read your explanation above![/I][/B]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=5]Thank you Lorene[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=5][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=5]I have enjoyed reading and following on your travels.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=5]Sorry about the dining room not being a good experience.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=5]Hope you have a safe flight home today.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='Irish Eyes Are Sailing']Welcome back!....even though you face work and snow at home (sorry!).
Also sorry to hear that your MDR experience at the end there was not good. Hope this is not a trend for HAL. Thanks for all your posts telling us about your experiences, but I have one question.........you were almost robbed in Boston??? Good grief, what happened? Glad you are okay......

[B][I]OOPs, nevermind, I just read your explanation above![/I][/B][/QUOTE]

Yup, I'm ok. It was odd. This was a great cruise. I had too much fun so I'm totally tired. It's not going to be fun to be back at work. I'm annoyed because I can't check in for my flight until I get to the airport. I think it's likely because my original flight was not to the USA. One good thing, my luggage seems to have lost weight so it seems I'm under 50 now. I wanted to upgrade to business but there is nothing for Florida to Toronto and it appears that there are only window seats for the Toronto to Calgary. By the time I get home it will be after midnight eastern if there are no delays.

Thx for following along everyone. How the heck am I going to go cruiseless until April?

[quote name='Krazy Kruizers'][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=5]Thank you Lorene[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=5]I have enjoyed reading and following on your travels.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=5]Sorry about the dining room not being a good experience.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=5]Hope you have a safe flight home today.[/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

Thx KK.

[quote name='lorekauf']Sea day today. They are not my favorite. They have some of the mariners brunches going today. Mine is tomorrow but I'm not going. Formal night tonight.

When I was on the Oosterdam in August there was no dessert extravaganza. There will be tonight. I don't know if it's just for longer cruises now. I don't go so I won't be able to report anything about it.

Did 3 miles around the deck today as I've been feeling a bit rough the last couple of days. I have been exercising on the cruise but I thinking the sinning in winning. To much sugar and booze. I eat pretty darn health at home so I really feel it when I don't.

Couldn't stand the thought of eating in the lido for lunch for I decided to order rom service. Got the club sandwich that everyone raves about. It was pretty good. It's certainly the full meal deal.

Went to the spa for my fire and ice pedicure. She did a good job but her people skills were less than zero. They add 15 percent gratuity and leave a space for more. Not going to happen. Standard at home is around 10 percent. I don't think she was happy with mr.[/QUOTE]

I was on the cruise with you, too, and like you, had some OBCs to spend down, so I booked a massage. I hate the whole sales pitch for their products at the end of what should be a nice relaxing hour. That, coupled with the auto 15% gratuity and I'm not a happy camper.

I also LOVED the Tamarind and I ate there 5 times. I could die in a bowl of the Pho. So good. Each time I went I tried a different entree but once I hit on the red panang curry I never looked back.

I wrote a travel blog for this cruise if anyone wants to read it, reply here and I'll post the URL. It talks more about the ports and the tours I took.

Lorekauf, it sounds like you and I share many of the same opinions about the cruise. Too bad we didn't connect up more. I think I only remember seeing you at our first meet and greet on the sea day.

Sherita

[quote name='scluvsrain']I was on the cruise with you, too, and like you, had some OBCs to spend down, so I booked a massage. I hate the whole sales pitch for their products at the end of what should be a nice relaxing hour. That, coupled with the auto 15% gratuity and I'm not a happy camper.

I also LOVED the Tamarind and I ate there 5 times. I could die in a bowl of the Pho. So good. Each time I went I tried a different entree but once I hit on the red panang curry I never looked back.

I wrote a travel blog for this cruise if anyone wants to read it, reply here and I'll post the URL. It talks more about the ports and the tours I took.

Lorekauf, it sounds like you and I share many of the same opinions about the cruise. Too bad we didn't connect up more. I think I only remember seeing you at our first meet and greet on the sea day.

Sherita[/QUOTE]
I'd love to read your blog. For sure I tend to concentrate on the ship rather than ports. I thought I ate at the tamarind the most but some peeps I met on the ship ate there more.

I really am not impressed with the salon. This is why I generally stay away. Too bad I didn't see you more but I found that cruise stupid busy. I'm not sure if I'd do that cruise again but I did notice the next year reposition is 12 days.

You can read my blog at [url]www.scluvsrain.blogspot.com[/url]

I have this cruise plus earlier ones as well. I did the Vietnam ports earlier this year and loved it. It too was a port intensive cruise.

I like the ones with more sea days.

If I could get rid of my "still have to work for a few more years" situation, I could take more of these cruises. Ha!

[quote name='scluvsrain']You can read my blog at [url]www.scluvsrain.blogspot.com[/url]

I have this cruise plus earlier ones as well. I did the Vietnam ports earlier this year and loved it. It too was a port intensive cruise.

If I could get rid of my "still have to work for a few more years" situation, I could take more of these cruises. Ha![/QUOTE]

I'm looking forward to reading it. Thx for the link. You look like a serious writer not a hack like myself.

[quote name='sapper1']Are they no longer selling Clinique?[/QUOTE]

[B][SIZE="3"][COLOR="Blue"]Yes they sell Clinique but selection is poor & I'm not a fan of it. Forgot my eye make up remover so bought a bottle that did not do the tick. You should have seen the wash cloth after the remover was used with tissues.:([/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

[quote name='scluvsrain']You can read my blog at [url]www.scluvsrain.blogspot.com[/url]

If I could get rid of my "still have to work for a few more years" situation, I could take more of these cruises. Ha![/QUOTE]

Very nice blog... Really interesting.

[quote name='solocanadian'][B][SIZE="3"][COLOR="Blue"]Yes they sell Clinique but selection is poor & I'm not a fan of it. Forgot my eye make up remover so bought a bottle that did not do the tick. You should have seen the wash cloth after the remover was used with tissues.:([/COLOR][/SIZE][/B][/QUOTE]

It's not my favorite either. I seem to be using prai lately and I like that.

Very nice job on the blog and enjoyed our Mariners Luncheon and other get togethers with you. Thanks.

[quote name='lindalans']Hope you have a good journey home! There's not a lot of snow on the ground and temps are to be above freezing for the rest of the week, maybe it will all melt before you touch down in Calgary!:cool:

Lindy
(Red Deer)[/QUOTE]

The flight home was long but uneventful. Things go much better now that I don't fly united. Had a lot of fun and the weather was nicer than I thought on the cruise. The roads are clear and dry in Calgary so I was happy. Now just trying to get caught up for work tomorrow.

Archived