NCL laundry prices & turn around time

tvguy72

I am asking probably the same questions. I am going on a 14 day cruise in December, do u think they will have 2 specials for laundry or one special.

Reading everything on here, I wonder if u can send a bag by weight or items.

I will send out no matter what I just need to know if I can keep it under 100.00 lol.

There will be two specials, about a week apart. Weight does not matter, neither does the number of items. It is whatever you can stuff into the bag. We cram socks and undies in the corners and tightly roll everything else. I usually put a pair of slacks flat on the very top.

• 5 months later...
There will be two specials, about a week apart. Weight does not matter, neither does the number of items. It is whatever you can stuff into the bag...

Great info. Thanks NMLady!

Do the cabin attendants or their assistants offer any "pressing only" service, for clean but wrinkled shirts & pants?

It's been years since I cruised, but with a small, porthole cabin, I was able to have simple ironing done by attendant, same day, as long as laundering was NOT necessary.

That was in the days before automatic gratuities, so I tipped him especially well, though I would have been happy to pay a fee per piece.

Cruising Sunday...

Gordy :cool:

Great info. Thanks NMLady!

Do the cabin attendants or their assistants offer any "pressing only" service, for clean but wrinkled shirts & pants?

It's been years since I cruised, but with a small, porthole cabin, I was able to have simple ironing done by attendant, same day, as long as laundering was NOT necessary.

That was in the days before automatic gratuities, so I tipped him especially well, though I would have been happy to pay a fee per piece.

Cruising Sunday...

Gordy :cool:

I think nowadays Cabin Stewards are responsible for more cabins so I doubt a cabin steward would be willing to do pressing. However you can send it out for pressing for a fee -- price is on your laundry bag.

Or you can ask your cabin steward or housekeeping dept to give you an iron and ironing board for an hour or so and do the pressing yourself.

Or you can spritz the clothing with Downy Wrinkle Release that you bring with you, and hang them in steamy bathroom.

In my experience, the clothes come back faded a bit, probably due to hot water wash and high heat drying. When I "borrow" my parents platinum laundry perk, I only send white or light colored items. Anything black, or made in a way that can't survive an industrial washer on hot & a Dante circle dryer, I just handwash in the shower and line dry.

I think nowadays Cabin Stewards are responsible for more cabins so I doubt a cabin steward would be willing to do pressing. However you can send it out for pressing for a fee -- price is on your laundry bag.

Or you can ask your cabin steward or housekeeping dept to give you an iron and ironing board for an hour or so and do the pressing yourself.

Or you can spritz the clothing with Downy Wrinkle Release that you bring with you, and hang them in steamy bathroom.

Thanks@NMLady.I'm glad you posted that. Lots of people posting that you can't get an iron, but NCL says you can in FAQ's. Gordy

In my experience, the clothes come back faded a bit, probably due to hot water wash and high heat drying. When I "borrow" my parents platinum laundry perk, I only send white or light colored items. Anything black, or made in a way that can't survive an industrial washer on hot & a Dante circle dryer, I just handwash in the shower and line dry.

NCL uses cold water and plain detergent for guest laundry.

Thanks@NMLady.I'm glad you posted that. Lots of people posting that you can't get an iron, but NCL says you can in FAQ's. Gordy

Yes, you can get an iron. But they only let you have it for a short period of time because it is a fire hazard. So if you request one, be prepared to do all of your pressing quickly, and before you know it, the steward will be back to collect it.

• 2 weeks later...
Yes, you can get an iron. But they only let you have it for a short period of time because it is a fire hazard. So if you request one, be prepared to do all of your pressing quickly, and before you know it, the steward will be back to collect it.

Glad I took advantage of the first day pressing only special. Best money I spent on the cruise, getting everything back in time to dress up a bit for dinner on evening two. First day "cruise casual" in all dining venues meant I didn't have to worry about having the right clothes ready for the entire cruise.

I certainly appreciated the helpful input from you and others.

Cheers!

Gordy:cool:

• 4 months later...
Does anyone remember how big the laundry bag is for the $19.95 special? Is it about the size of a paper grocery bag?

Could vary by ship - but the one I used on the DAWN was about twice the length (height) of a grocery bag but

about the same circumference.

The NCL paper bag is very likely to tear if stuffed overloaded so a suggestion bring along your own plastic trash

type bag and put the NCL bag and Laundry List attached or inside.

From what I have read NCL does not restrict the amount of laundry placed in the bag or the type of bag used.

And after you get back your laundry BEWARE of the scratchy itchy ID tags applied in some of the most sensitive

locations - these tags peel off with some effort.

If you have the opportunity to take a BTS (Behind the Scenes) tour note how laundry is done on the ship.

Very interesting and enlightening - 24/7/365 3 shifts machines that make your hometown coin operated laundry

look like a backwoods bucket operation !

Do take an advantage of this laundry bargain - take a look at the prices on the list and very quickly you will

see the merits of this bargain adding up the individual costs against the $19.99 total price.

Look in the Dailies ships newspaper or ask your Cabin Attendant when this is offered usually at the mid-point

of a cruise.

When we did the free laundry I was pleasantly surprised how they sent our laundry back folded beautifully wrapped up in a basket! We were able to fit so much into that bag! The bag ripped on us so our room steward put it into a clear plastic bag it was about a day before it was returned. No complaints. Although didn't realize we'd still have to completely fill out the form so it took a bit longer because he couldn't take it until it was completely filled out [emoji854]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks to all who replied so quickly. Sounds like I can reduce the volume of clothing I need to bring!

On a 7 day cruise plan on 5 days before - it will probably work out to 4 days but plan on 1 extra just in case !

You could even get by with one less if the departure day clothing is suitable for wearing on the return to home.

Just make sure your laundry is for wash and wear items - hand or sink wash the delicates lingerie items !

• 3 months later...

This is great information for me. I've been on half a dozen cruises, all but one on NCL (the other was Carnival). I've been hesitant about bringing exercise clothes and working out because I was always under the impression that laundry services were expensive and I've noticed that the bag is very small.

After reading these posts, I think that I should feel more comfortable now bringing my stuff and exercising (I have to pay for all of the indulgences ;) ).

If I am reading all of this information correctly, does that mean the $20 bag of laundry will only cost me $10 as a gold member who gets 50% off laundry service?

Also, it has been about two years since my last cruise. Does anyone recall the size of the bag and/or have a picture they can share of it? I appreciate the other pics that have been shared thus far.

Don

This is great information for me. ... If I am reading all of this information correctly, does that mean the $20 bag of laundry will only cost me $10 as a gold member who gets 50% off laundry service?

Also, it has been about two years since my last cruise. Does anyone recall the size of the bag ...

Don

Yes, as a Gold level member you will only pay $10 for the bag special ONCE during your cruise. When you fill out the slip, just print GOLD where the price is.

The bag is about the size of a standard pillow case. According to the link given by mking in post #65 it is 17"x22". We stuff it to the top, leaving the top open and putting the itemized slip there.

I stuff socks into the corners and tightly roll most clothes, maybe leaving one or two pairs of slacks flat.

We used the laundry service twice on our 15 night Jade cruise (the special) and were very satisfied. We rolled the clothes to get as much in the bag as possible and I was very meticulous about filling out the form.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 years later...
43 minutes ago, Happycrafter123 said:

Would anyone have a current price list to share for laundry service?

PLEASE do not bump a 9 year old thread. The information is out of date and will cause a lot of confusion and misinformation for folks. Just start a new thread. 

image.thumb.png.613e13a4eb01719b1acd77ff2f8e8cd0.png

image.thumb.png.e9afc9341f741ad225c488ffbfd9b377.png

• Thanks 1