Special days

Yodalicious

Can i ask for a special dessert for DH birthday? Ie chochlate peanut butter cake?

They will normally bring a cake if you let them know. I have never ordered a special one - but I am guessing you can probably do so - here might be a nominal charge if it is 'special'.

Can i ask for a special dessert for DH birthday? Ie chochlate peanut butter cake?

Nothing to stop you from asking.

Whether your request will be granted is another thing.

Please let us know if you are successful...... or not.

I don't know about Holland but I can say that on both Celebrity and Princess I have spoken with the dining room manager on the second day of a cruise - the first he is just too busy with seating problems, and requested key lime pie for my DH's birthday later in the cruise. They have always delivered it with a smile and at no charge.

For my son's 4th birthday on board, I requested a cake through my TA. Once on the ship I politely reminded the pastry chef on the kitchen tour as well as the head waiter. I even requested the cake decorations to be in his favorite color, yellow. When it was delivered to our table, we were shocked in how fantastic it turned out. It was huge, delicious and covered in yellow fondant ducks, race cars, etc. Basically anything they could think of that a little boy would like in yellow. They even had his unusual name spelled correctly! Definitely ask ahead of time and remind people while on board:)

For my son's 4th birthday on board, I requested a cake through my TA. Once on the ship I politely reminded the pastry chef on the kitchen tour as well as the head waiter. I even requested the cake decorations to be in his favorite color, yellow. When it was delivered to our table, we were shocked in how fantastic it turned out. It was huge, delicious and covered in yellow fondant ducks, race cars, etc. Basically anything they could think of that a little boy would like in yellow. They even had his unusual name spelled correctly! Definitely ask ahead of time and remind people while on board:)

Oh!! So fun!! I should do that for my daughter's 7th birthday on our next cruise!

Oh!! So fun!! I should do that for my daughter's 7th birthday on our next cruise!

We were nervous that his birthday would not be "special" enough without the traditional birthday party. Be sure to tell CLub HAL at the beginning of the cruise and they will make a big deal of it. Grandma made him a "Birthday Boy" shirt and crown so everyone on board was wishing him happy birthday. We decorated the cabin and cabin door with balloons and streamers, too. It turned out way better than any birthday on land:)

As Sail says, please DO let us know -- DH and I could both celebrate b-days, and perhaps an anniversary, and we could request creme brulee :D I'll do darn near anything to get creme brulee :D

On the last couple of cruises I've been on, creme brulee has been on the "every day" menu - I know because I order it almost every day!

Wow, talk about irony! I just posted on the family board asking about birthdays for children on HAL. This is really helpful information. Perhaps I will re-post my message here so more HAL cruisers will see. Or if you see this message would you mind looking at my question at the family board? Thanks a zillion. :)

Wow, talk about irony! I just posted on the family board asking about birthdays for children on HAL. This is really helpful information. Perhaps I will re-post my message here so more HAL cruisers will see. Or if you see this message would you mind looking at my question at the family board? Thanks a zillion. :)

Why not copy and paste your question and bring it over here asking those who know the cruise line best? :)

Archived