Naturalist on Summit?

jennbill

Don't know if I've seen the answer to this or not.

Does the Summit have a naturalist on board for its Alaska cruises? I see posts mentioning naturalists on other ships and hope that we'll have one aboard on our 9/9 cruise.

Disney Magic 1/99

Dawn Princess 1/00

Carnival Triumph 1/01

Carnival Spirit 1/02

Norwegian Sun 9/02

Carnival Pride 1/03

Explorer of the Seas 9/03

Golden Princess 9/04

Summit 9/05

???????? 06

I believe Celebrity has had some good naturalists on board this year. I don't remember which ship is sailing out of San Francisco - but Brent (Brett?) Nixon was on that ship recently and people rave about him and his lecturers. He used to be on Princess until a year or two ago where he switched to Celebrity.

"Does the Summit have a naturalist on board for its Alaska cruises? I see posts mentioning naturalists on other ships and hope that we'll have one aboard on our 9/9 cruise."

We were scheduled for the June 3rd Summit sailing that was cancelled because of mechanical problems. We were fortunate to rebook for June 4th on the Island Princess. We did Capt. Larry's whale watch trip and the guide that day was the Summit's regular naturalist, Dirk. He was working for Capt. Larry while the ship was in drydock for repairs. I am assuming that he returned to the ship for the next sailing.

"Does the Summit have a naturalist on board for its Alaska cruises? I see posts mentioning naturalists on other ships and hope that we'll have one aboard on our 9/9 cruise."

We were scheduled for the June 3rd Summit sailing that was cancelled because of mechanical problems. We were fortunate to rebook for June 4th on the Island Princess. We did Capt. Larry's whale watch trip and the guide that day was the Summit's regular naturalist, Dirk. He was working for Capt. Larry while the ship was in drydock for repairs. I am assuming that he returned to the ship for the next sailing.

We were on the 5/20 Summit and Dirk was the Naturalist on board. He was great! At that time he told us he would be on the Summit all summer.

Sharon

We were on the Summit last Sept and Dirk was the naturalist then also. I believe he was going to Galapagos for winter and then back. He also works in Maui. He went whalewatching with us with Cap Larry.

Archived