SOE -- Culinary Arts Schedule of Guest Chefs ...

sail7seas

I just received an e-mail containing a video clip about the Culinary Arts on the ships and the schedule....I'm looking forward to our first chance to experience this.

Holland America Line Culinary Guests blank.gifSchedule for September - December 2005 blank.gifCULINARY GUESTDESTINATIONSHIPDEPARTUREblank.gifMichelle Bernstein

Executive Chef and Owner, MB Restaurant7-day Alaskams StatendamSep 09 2005 Jimmy Bradley

Chef and Owner, Beanstalk Restaurants7-day Alaskams ZaandamSep 10 2005 Greg Atkinson

Executive Chef, Canlis, Friday Harbor House; NW Essentials Cookbook7-day Alaskams RyndamSep 11 2005 Paulette Mitchell

Author of 11 cookbooks14-day Europems WesterdamSep 18 2005 Charles Dale

Chef and Owner, Range and Rustique18-day Panama Canalms ZaandamSep 24 2005 Mike H. Davis

Chef and Owner, 26 Brix3-day Coastalms RyndamSep 25 2005 Ying Chang Compestine

Chef and cookbook author62-day Asia / Pacificms AmsterdamOct 6 2005 Vicky McCaffree

Chef, Cameon Orel and Jessica Campbell; Pastry Chef, Yarrow Bay Grill10-day Europems RotterdamOct 14 2005 Fran Bigelow

Chocolate expert, founder Fran's Chocolates10-day Mexicoms RyndamNov 7 2005 Cornelius Gallagher

Executive Chef, Oceana7-day Western Caribbeanms WesterdamNov 13 2005 Ying Chang Compestine

Chef and cookbook author15-day Hawaiims AmsterdamDec 22 2005 blank.gifSchedule for 2006 blank.gifCat Cora

Chef; Host of The Cat Cora Show14-day Australia / New Zealandms StatendamJan 7 2006 Mark Bittman

Food writer The New York Times, Cookbook author20-day South America / Antarcticams RotterdamJan 11 2006 Laura Werlin

Cheese Expert14-day Australia / New Zealandms StatendamJan 21 2006Marko Karakasevic

Charbay vodka10-day Caribbeanms VolendamJan 22 2006Brad Farmerie

Chef, Public14-day Asia/Pacificms StatendamMarch 20 2006Bradford Thompson

Chef, Mary Elaine's14-day Asia/Pacificms StatendamApr 3 2006Johnny Iuzzini

Executive pastry chef, Restaurant Jean Georges10-day Caribbeanms NoordamApr 5 2006Hsiao-Ching Chou

Food writer Seattle Post-Intelligencer14-day Asia / Pacificms StatendamApr 17 2006Max McCalman

Maître fromager, Artisanal Cheese Center18-day Hawaiims VolendamApr 22 2006Jacques Torres

Chocolatier extraordinaire7-day Alaskams RyndamMay 7 2006Patricia Yeo

Executive Chef, Sapa7-day Alaskams VeendamMay 14 2006Robert Kinkead

Chef and Owner, Kinkead15-day Europems RotterdamMay 26 2006Michael Lomonaco

Chef, professor and author12-day Europems RotterdamJuly 28 2006John Howie

Chef and Owner, Sport and SeaStar10-day Europems NoordamJuly 30 2006Mark Fiorentino

Master bread baker, Daniel10-day Europems AmsterdamAug 11 2006Aaron Sanchez

Chef, Paladar, TV Food Network7-day Alaskams WesterdamSep 17 2006Charles Dale

Chef and Owner, Range and Rustique10-day Europems NoordamSep 18 2006James Mazzio

Executive Chef, The Studio of Long Grove21-day Panama Canalms ZuiderdamSep 30 2006Marcus Samuelsson

Chef and Owner, Aquavit & Riingo10-day Mexicoms ZaandamOct 22 2006Anthony Giglio

Wine Expert11-day Caribbeanms NoordamNov 25 2006José Andrés

Chef and Owner, Jaleo, Café Atlantico December 8, 2006

It was arranged in a neat chart in the e-mail I got but this is how it copied and pasted. Sorry....

YAHOO!!

Chocolate on Nov 7 Ryndam!!!

Boy will I be in 7th heaven on that cruise.

Thanks for the information.

Choclate on Nov 7 Ryndam........wonder if RuthC has seen this??? You may have company, KK, when she discovers it. ;)

Marko Karakasevic

Charbay vodka10-day Caribbeanms VolendamJan 22 2006

So.....does this mean we are going to have lessons in how to cook with Vodka?? on our Volendam cruise? Wait 'til DH see this!!!! He's going to be a happy camper!!

Does one need to sample them to be sure of using the very best for that recipe? Fat Chance I'll get him out of the theatre if that is the case. :D

There's some alignment problem on the list - notice that Cat Cora is one line up from where she should be (she's the host of the Cat Cora Show) and just below Marc Bittman is not on the line that says New York Times writer, which of course he is. Call HAL before booking for a specific chef to make sure you've got the right date!

I just received an e-mail containing a video clip about the Culinary Arts on the ships and the schedule....I'm looking forward to our first chance to experience this.

Strange that no one is listed for the Amsterdam January 6th sailing. That's a 30-day cruise. I would have thought they would have had something like this offered on a cruise of that length. But, of course, maybe there are other enrichment-type things planned for a cruise of that nature (Hawaii/South Pacific).

Blue skies ...

--rita

You have to remember that the only ships that have guest chefs right now are the ships that have been through SOE. The have the have the Culinary Arts Center first of course! That schedule only goes through December '05 so that can't be a completely comprehensive schedule.

Paulette Mitchell was on one leg of my Rotterdam cruise. Although I never made it to any of her demonstrations, she was an extremely nice person and all of my table mates had nothing but great things to say about her. And, if I do remember correctly, they did mention sampling some of the dishes ;)

Ruth C

So are you going to book the Nov 7th cruise?

Give a girl a chance to think, KK. I have the 10/06 Hawaii Voyage of the Spammed, and a summer '06 Alaska to book, and I still work for a living, but I suppose it's possible....

After all, I like the Ryndam. And I've wanted to do a Mexico cruise. And I want at least 10 days on any cruise.

And oh, yeah---I like chocolate!!!!!

Let me mull a while.

You have to remember that the only ships that have guest chefs right now are the ships that have been through SOE. The have the have the Culinary Arts Center first of course! That schedule only goes through December '05 so that can't be a completely comprehensive schedule.

Paulette Mitchell was on one leg of my Rotterdam cruise. Although I never made it to any of her demonstrations, she was an extremely nice person and all of my table mates had nothing but great things to say about her. And, if I do remember correctly, they did mention sampling some of the dishes ;)

Unless I have misread the schedule, it goes through December 2006. I am sure they have not scheduled guest chefs to be on ships that do not yet have the Culinary Arts Center. While I have not compared the drydock schedule for each ship with the Guest Chef schedule, I have to think they have coordinated all scheduling.

Archived