As soon as you get on the ship

bltrn

A bar, any bar, but preferably on top deck, just to signal the cruise has begun.

I would call it "straight to the buffet", as the only eating venue open, for lunch or nibbles. Needless to say, a drink may become involved.

If I am in a party with others and they are happy to stay with bags etc. until the cabins become available, I will then "sound the ship", i.e. wander and explore.

I am keen to ensure dining arrangements are as I/we wish so I will be possibly first in the queue to see the Maitre D'. These days, special requests for things which are important to individuals often get lost along the way.

For me the cruise begins when I am able to claim my cabin. It is that sense of creating and decompressing the little travel bubble that I had been planning for months. There is also the huge relief of making the ship on time and with luggage though, as some here know, I have a preference to travel hand-luggage only to remove the risk of losing luggage.

Once unpacked, the endless series of social engagements begin! Honestly, on my last cruise ('live blog' link in my signature below), the only time I got to myself was in the jacuzzi before breakfast - and I was travelling solo.

Looking forward to the next.....

Great topic, BTW, thanks.

Cabin first to drop the hand luggage and get the valuables in the safe. If I have a spa package, I then go there to sort out my appointments for the cruise. Next up reception to get wifi account and newspapers ordered. If my restaurant allocation is what I wanted, it's then up to the buffet for lunch and a drink and then out to the pool deck for a mojito and cappuccino

If I'm not familiar with the ship, I'll do a bit of a wander around all the public decks to work out where everything is..

After that it usually getting close to muster time, so back to the cabin to check where my muster station is and start unpacking until the muster signal sounds.

I like to get all the admin out of the way, early on the first day and then after that I can chill.

The first thing I always want to see is my cabin. Since I am coming to Miami the night before, I will want to get my stuff unpacked asap. As I have a Yacht Club suite, I assume the butler will give me a tour of the ship. Then he can show me where to eat. But that time I will be hungry!

What is the first thing you do or the place you head to as soon as you board the ship? :D

Lol -- normally roam the ship until the staterooms are ready. First stop: the pool deck, afterwards lunch and exploring the whereabouts.

Next summer it'll be our first time on an MSC ship, we'll probably linger at the pool bar since we'll be proud owners of the Allegrissimo package. Pina Coladas -- here I come! Lol -- but since we'll be going to Scotland and Ireland (brrrr --- chilly) --- maybe I'll switch that for a hot cocoa with rum:D.

Stef

The first thing I always want to see is my cabin. Since I am coming to Miami the night before, I will want to get my stuff unpacked asap. As I have a Yacht Club suite, I assume the butler will give me a tour of the ship. Then he can show me where to eat. But that time I will be hungry!

The BUTLER?! :eek: I think you mean the Steward. And, while presuming you were being humorous, I can almost guarantee you your steward will have other things going on at embark besides showing you the art gallery.

In the past:

-tried to drop carry-on bags in cabin, but usually not available til 2pm

-had our first cocktail and burger poolside

-Went back to our cabin, unpacked, met steward/requested robes, full ice bucket, extra hangers if needed

-walked around ship (depending on Maitre D's availability, we checked seating in dining room/requested any necessary changes)

-went to muster drill

-headed to sailaway

-enjoyed drink on balcony

-late dining afterward

Since we took the Allegrissimo package I'm sure we'll be doing more bar stops on the Divina!

Barbara

The BUTLER?! :eek: I think you mean the Steward. And, while presuming you were being humorous, I can almost guarantee you your steward will have other things going on at embark besides showing you the art gallery.

Nope, YC guests have a butler for precisely this type of activity. (Not that I have tried YC yet - but will as soon as I can afford).

No, I have a Yacht Club suite. With the suite, we have a butler who gives special attention to the guest. I am very serious. One of the things the butler does is give a person a tour of the ship. And the butler also unpacks the suit case if you want him to.

No, I have a Yacht Club suite. With the suite, we have a butler who gives special attention to the guest. I am very serious. One of the things the butler does is give a person a tour of the ship. And the butler also unpacks the suit case if you want him to.

Yikes! I need to shack up with some old money some day.

Straight to the cabin (if ready), then eat something in the Buffet, then reception to guarantee my MSC Club Card is registered (I want my strawberries and champagne!), back to the cabin to check if the bags are there, ship tour (even when I already know the ship, I love to do that), drill and finally the ciao ciao Santos (sail away party) with my special MojitoS!

I got this from another site.......I laughed my butt off!!!!!!!

Drink...Food....Drink......Cabin.....Drink.....Unpack....Drink.....Muster...Drink......

:D

Sounds good to me with the addition at the end Cabin.....Bed......Passout:D

Regards to all

W&P

Archived