Fresh Meat in the Lunch Buffet.

karoo

Just a few questions. I recently sailed on the Breakaway. I've never thought of myself as a foodie or someone who complains about food as I usually enjoy all the meals with NCL. However I did miss the hot meats at the carvery at the lunch buffet (paninis/pizza etc just didn't do it for me, I'm a definite carnivore. I love my freshly cooked meat with salad, a crisp grained roll etc.) We also missed the lobster in the MDR first night. (We did go down to the buffet and grabbed a few for an early appetizer though).

*Is this a fleet wide change or was it just a change for this particular ship.

*Has anyone been on the Jade or other NCL ships recently who could answer this question.

I remember there always being a carving station at dinner but I can't remember there being one at lunch time (not to say there wasn't one). However, at lunch there is the grill with hamburger patties and chicken breast which are both delicious. There's also deli meats, and there are plenty of dishes with meat in them, just scoop the meaty pieces out :p. The main dining room also serves a NY Strip, etc. at lunch time.

Thanks for your replies. I don't eat deli or processed meats or hot dogs and found the cooked meat dishes (often Indian or Asian flavoured) had sauces and flavourings I didn't like. I'm a plain eater, although I do love Mexican food. I did have hamburger patties for lunch, but after 4 days I was a little over them. I did miss the roasted chicken, sliced beef, roast lamb etc.

I have thought of the solution though. If there's no carvery station, I'll go to the MDR prior to lunch and request, a roast chicken (meat no gravy only or a grilled steak to take away.) That way I can have my salad and hot meat roll.

Archived