inside cabin with french door

omadutchess

I would love information on an inside cabin ( we will have 4105) with French doors on the Carnival Miracle. Can you open the door and will it provide enough daylight? Are the lifeboats extremely close?

Would love to hear about the experience. I hear conflicting stories: some people told me they could open the door, but others said they couldn't.

I had one of these cabins on the Legend and it was great! I was able to open the doors and get fresh air. Luckily I was perfectly positioned between lifeboats. You are very close to them - if you reach out the doors you can almost grab them. Great value in my opinion!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

From what I can see cabin 4105 on the Miracle is on the end of a lifeboat with some space, so hopefully we will be able to see a little bit. This is our first time trying one of these cabins. Wonder if it will be similar to the ones on the Legend.

From what I can see cabin 4105 on the Miracle is on the end of a lifeboat with some space, so hopefully we will be able to see a little bit. This is our first time trying one of these cabins. Wonder if it will be similar to the ones on the Legend.

The Miracle and Legend are identical ships, so they will be more than similar.

The door opens inward and there is a railing. You can stick your head out and see the metal grid walkway running alongside the side of the ship and the lifeboat at 4105 will be right in front of you. I suppose if you look down you might see an inch of water but I doubt it.

Keep the drape closed! Men work out there at odd hours.

I had one of these cabins, 4140, on the Miracle last month. It was between the lifeboats and I could see a sliver of a view. The door opens, but it's heavy and opens into the room. If you want to leave it open for fresh air you'll have to put something there to prop it open. I didn't do that. I mostly wanted it for light and the fact that it's as big as a balcony cabin other than not having a balcony.

Edited by nwcruiselover

I had one of these on the Legend (4149) between 2 lifeboats and it was like a pseudo balcony. My hubby has a video of the sunset view between lifeboats as it went down over the baltic.

Our friends with balconies said they would consider this type of room.

Well worth the money.

I too, have sailed several times in 4K cabins, and LOVE them. Best value aboard ship IMO.

YES, the doors absolutely do open, and yes, you'll get natural light, and fresh air, and the sound of the sea when underway. ;) The boats are quite close, but not a big deal. Be advised, however, to close the curtains, when dressing, showering, etc. We found that occasionally, the crew will walk around on the boats, and the rigging holding the boats, and will compromise your privacy. :eek:

"SKY"

We had a 4K last fall on the Legend. I think the only time we actually opened the door was our sail away when we watched them unload the harbour pilot once we got through the sunshine bridge in Tampa. Yes it provided light, yes we got air, but we spend most of our time out and about, so the price for us was great! oh, and we could walk down the hall go down the stairs and be at dinner, very easy area to get around the rest of the ship.:)

Love the 4K cabins..we have one again on the Legend in February..like others have said...the crew will walk around on the catwalk at odd times so keep the curtain closed unless fully dressed :D We love to prop open the door at night and listen to the sound of the waves as the ship sails to the next port..the door is heavy but if you pull the bed out a bit it does a nice job of keeping it open...

We had the French door interior on the Pride and we were happy with the value. We weren't worried about the view.. if you want a view go up top. Its cheaper than an OV but still got the natural light which I was looking for.

Does anyone know if the French door or the picture window is better? We went with the French door since it opened.

• 2 months later...
I would love information on an inside cabin ( we will have 4105) with French doors on the Carnival Miracle. Can you open the door and will it provide enough daylight? Are the lifeboats extremely close?

Would love to hear about the experience. I hear conflicting stories: some people told me they could open the door, but others said they couldn't.

I just booked this room for next December. How was it? I am considering switching to 4111.

I just booked this room for next December. How was it? I am considering switching to 4111.

We just got off the Miracle on Sunday and had cabin 4111. It didn't have any view. I thought it would have some sort of view by looking at the deck plans but I was wrong. :(

I had one of these cabins on the Legend and it was great! I was able to open the doors and get fresh air. Luckily I was perfectly positioned between lifeboats. You are very close to them - if you reach out the doors you can almost grab them. Great value in my opinion!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Have been on the Miracle twice and both times had 4K french door cabins. I agree with the post above. We did have cabins 4123 & 4140. These cabins were in between the lifeboats. We had a pretty good limited ocean view without paying for an OV one. Would not hesitate to book a 4K cabin again. Check the ship's deck plan and book a 4K cabin in between the lifeboats and you will be pleasantly pleased.