Robes, which has the best

FillupD

After reading a few reviews where it was mentioned that the robes left in the rooms were sometimes dirty, I was wondering if it is possible to just buy one the first day so you know you won't be wearing a robe with a skid mark on it. Are these stories even really true though?

I was looking at robes and there are robes similar to Carnival robes for sale all over the internet. In your opinion:Which line has the most comfortable robe?

I can say without a doubt that the robes are sometimes not washed between guests. I have been on 13 Carnival cruises and for 12 of them our robes were nice and clean. However, there was that one time......

We had been at the beach all day and when we got back to the cabin I decided to take a nap. I was dirty and did not want to get my bed dirty, so I laid down on the couch and grabbed a robe out of the closet to cover up with. I had the BEST nap all cuddled up under the warm comfy robe. After I woke up I was hanging the robe back up when I noticed the nice long brown streak!!!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I've often wondered if they wash the robes between each passenger change. Even with no brown streak (YUCK!) how would you know? That's a lot of robes to have back in the rooms before the next people get on. Basically they would have to have two sets I would think.

I love the robes and never had a questionable one. I do wonder about the one I don't use--I get the impression it doesn't get washed so I've started to mess them both up just so they both get sent to the laundry--I wouldn't want "seconds" if it were my cabin...

They make great blankets for taking a nap.

I make sure that when our cruise is over on the last morning we put our robes on the bathroom floor with the dirty towels. That way the next person will get clean ones for sure.

OP...I like Celebrity and Carnival's robes. Princess...no way...one size does not fit all. On Princess...one size fits a barbie doll.

I've often wondered if they wash the robes between each passenger change. Even with no brown streak (YUCK!) how would you know? That's a lot of robes to have back in the rooms before the next people get on. Basically they would have to have two sets I would think.

No different than the sheets on the beds. I'm sure they have hundreds on each ship for use plus the ones they sell.

I would never ware a carnival robe as they exist today

I found a used tissue in one and freaked at the room steward

Perhaps if they were wrapped in plastic

As for buying one.. The comfort is between a corse karate Gi and a canvas pup tent

No different than the sheets on the beds. I'm sure they have hundreds on each ship for use plus the ones they sell.

I'm not convinced. I can see the stewards being instructed to look at them and then hang them up if they appear clean. That is just my opinion.... I'm going to throw them on the bathroom floor from now on like the previous poster said.

As for buying one.. The comfort is between a corse karate Gi and a canvas pup tent

Coming prepackaged would be the best thing the ship could do. If the package remains intact, there would be no question whether it had been used, would be great for infection control. What's the first thing someone does when sick? Undress and put on a robe;)

I can say without a doubt that the robes are sometimes not washed between guests. I have been on 13 Carnival cruises and for 12 of them our robes were nice and clean. However, there was that one time......

We had been at the beach all day and when we got back to the cabin I decided to take a nap. I was dirty and did not want to get my bed dirty, so I laid down on the couch and grabbed a robe out of the closet to cover up with. I had the BEST nap all cuddled up under the warm comfy robe. After I woke up I was hanging the robe back up when I noticed the nice long brown streak!!!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Omg that is so so disgusting!!!! :(. But I giggled anyway...sorry!!

I've only cruised with Carnival so I can't speak for the robes on any other lines. But I hate the Carnival robes. They are not soft at all! They are stiff and made of the worst fabric that exists in the world I am pretty sure! I barely use them when I am on the ship I would NEVER use it at home. And this comes from a girl who practically lives in her robe at home(especially in the winter! It is like a HUGE sweater/blanket)

My $0.05 (Pennies are no longer a thing here in Canada!! So you have have my nickles worth of free advise!)

they usually remove the robes the last night from the room so they can be washed before the next one arrive. have never seen a dirty one in room.

I've not noticed this but maybe I missed it. I would HATE if they started pre-packaging all those robes just for all the plastic wrap they would have to use and the waste involved. I guess I'm not a germophobe. I love the robes and use them on every cruise. I have never had a problem with them.

We were on the Valor in May 2013, OV, I am not too thrilled with the "rough" feel of the robes in our cabin.

Thought I read somewhere that the robes are of better quality if you are in a Spa Cabin.

Can anyone confirm?

If yes, how much softer, better quality?

I think you can buy those robes also and (supposedly you get a brand new one).

We will be on the Breeze in December, Cove Balcony so even if the Spa Cabin robes are better, we might not be able to buy one through our room steward.

No idea how much they cost either, i.e. are they worth the price?

All comments appreciated.

We were on the Valor in May 2013, OV, I am not too thrilled with the "rough" feel of the robes in our cabin.

Thought I read somewhere that the robes are of better quality if you are in a Spa Cabin.

Can anyone confirm?

If yes, how much softer, better quality?

I think you can buy those robes also and (supposedly you get a brand new one).

We will be on the Breeze in December, Cove Balcony so even if the Spa Cabin robes are better, we might not be able to buy one through our room steward.

No idea how much they cost either, i.e. are they worth the price?

All comments appreciated.

Used to be the suites had an upgraded robe super soft, really thick with neat embroidery, loved them and we purchased a couple. Don't know about now days. The ones we have seen recently are the regular grade if you will. You can purchase robes on the comfort collection Carnival web site. We got ours at the Formalities store on the ship.

While we're on the topic of robes.....does every room come with them or just certain repeat customer levels? I've cruised 20 something times on Royal Caribbean but only my second time on Carnival. Will we have robes?

Thanks!

Laura

I've only cruised with Carnival so I can't speak for the robes on any other lines. But I hate the Carnival robes. They are not soft at all! They are stiff and made of the worst fabric that exists in the world I am pretty sure! I barely use them when I am on the ship I would NEVER use it at home. And this comes from a girl who practically lives in her robe at home(especially in the winter! It is like a HUGE sweater/blanket)

My $0.05 (Pennies are no longer a thing here in Canada!! So you have have my nickles worth of free advise!)

I have to agree with these posts and others that state the robes IMO are just not comfy! On a VERY rare occasion I may grab one in a hurry to run out on the balcony as we are coming into a port for pics, but as for lounging around in......ummmm no lol!

I've not noticed this but maybe I missed it. I would HATE if they started pre-packaging all those robes just for all the plastic wrap they would have to use and the waste involved. I guess I'm not a germophobe. I love the robes and use them on every cruise. I have never had a problem with them.

Yes, there will be some waste, but they could be of dry cleaner thickness. I'm not a germaphobe by any means. But, just because a robe doesn't have skid marks or food drippings doesn't mean they have not been worn. Those robes are ridiculously thick so washing and drying thousands of robes is ridiculous. This is where packaging them might actually give peace of mind to the cruiser, and many won't even be opened, so it should reduce washing and drying, (if they are indeed changed out each cruise) (I have my doubts on that subject).

Used to be the suites had an upgraded robe super soft, really thick with neat embroidery, loved them and we purchased a couple. Don't know about now days. The ones we have seen recently are the regular grade if you will. You can purchase robes on the comfort collection Carnival web site. We got ours at the Formalities store on the ship.

Thanks so much for the additional info.

We'll check the on board shops when we do the Breeze in December, I am sure Mrs. would be happy to check out the quality on my behalf, her department.

If everything is a GO, I will check with our room steward if he or she can get them for us, I think CCL give them a small commission.

If the robe goes on the bathroom floor the steward will send it to the laundry. It's creep to think of the other one, looking all pristine with the belt tied aorund it may have been used! Same with the pillows on the bed as well as the throw pillows. How often do you think the silly drape thing at the end of the bed goes to the laundry? Every 3 cruises, every 10?

Never?

Edited by crusinpsychRN