Never been on Carnival Ship,What Ship do you recommend?

CalifGirl67

Hello there,

We just took our first cruise to Nassau on Royal Caribbean and we are thinking about going on a Carnival ship for our next cruise because of pricing. We are already planning ahead and so I need some recommendations on which Carnival ships are the best ones to cruise on based on what they offer on board, food selection/quality etc. Ive hear the larger ships are better so interested in all suggestions.

We are going to do a western caribbean cruise this time around. Thanks

@ Tizz - I think it really depends on what you're looking for. I haven't been on many of them but I have loved the ones I've had the opportunity to experience. I do really want to go on the Breeze eventually but our next trip is on the Victory (2nd time on this ship). We like it. It doesn't have 2.0 yet but it does have a Serenity Deck which we loved. I would say do some research and see what meets your wants and needs the most along with the itinerary you're looking for and go with that. If you have a great cruising attitude, it won't matter as much what ship you're on because you will have a great time. It's your vacation....enjoy it the way you want to. If you like a ton of different food choices, the newer ones or any that have the 2.0 might be a good fit. If you prefer less "frills" maybe some of the smaller ones. We like the ones with the Seaside Theater, even if we don't watch a movie or anything, it does make it easier to see some activities when the deck is crowded. (I'm a short person so that mattered when it was something like the ice carving demonstration).

Whatever you pic, I hope you have a great time!

Happy cruising!

If you want to cruise out of Baltimore; The Pride.

Where do you want to sail from ? Those are all factors in your decision.

The Breeze is the newest and biggest. Once you've sailed that you may not want to go smaller.

Tell us more of what you want. Which ports ? How many days? What are you looking for in terms of what the ship offers ? Any with the 2.0 upgrades have some of the newer features and food offerings so I would look at that, too.

Agree with those voting for Breeze. She is a beautiful ship with many opportunities for activities (waterworks, ropes course, outdoor exercise area, mini golf), food places...I think I only at in the Lido area for lunch the first day, and the decor is relaxing and not over the top like all,the other Carnival ships. Also has the Thrill Theater, but we didn't attend so I can't say much about it. Other reviewers give it a thumbs up. The only negative I thought was the stage shows...I didn't care for the new shows. Have fun whatever you choose.

We just got off the Liberty and it was wonderful!!! Our first cruise and it had so much to do (as I am sure they all do) we didn't even get to 10% of what is available on the ship. It's one of the Conquest fleet (large) but not as large as the Breeze but not by too much. We saw the Breeze and now I want to go on it. It holds like 1000 more passengers. We think we like the larger ships. IF I was only going to be able to take one cruise it would be the Breeze or the Sunshine. But as another poster said once you go on those you might not want to go smaller...smaller is relative, Liberty is huge!

If you want to cruise out of Baltimore; The Pride.

Where do you want to sail from ? Those are all factors in your decision.

The Breeze is the newest and biggest. Once you've sailed that you may not want to go smaller.

Tell us more of what you want. Which ports ? How many days? What are you looking for in terms of what the ship offers ? Any with the 2.0 upgrades have some of the newer features and food offerings so I would look at that, too.

Hello,

Ports : We live in Tennessee so Port Canaveral or Tampa are the ports of choice at this present time because we either drive or fly. My hubby's cousin lives in the Tampa area and they went with us on our first cruise and they are going on there 5th cruise now with RCC and they have only been on 1 Carnival. They are going with us on our next cruise.

Days: Our 1st cruise was only 4 days so I want our next one to be 5-8 days, prefer longer :)

I have no clue what 2.0 is ?

My hubby loves good food and buffets and the food on Royal was amazing, we also did the nightly dinner in the dining room.

Well seeming you want to leave perhaps from a closer port like Port Canaveral, then you've got some great choices. Dream, Liberty, or the new Sunshine.

If you want newer and big, then the Dream or Sunshine. If you're okay with the ship missing some of the 2.0 upgrades, then the Liberty.

Read up on 2.0, so you can decide which is right. I'm curious about the Sunshine, since it just came out of dry dock with some HUGE changes; 3 story adult only area and the newest 2.0 upgrades. I hope it ends up on the West Coast some day.

I think you will enjoy either ones, but the older ships tend to be priced a little more aggressively unlike the newer Breeze and Dream....at least that has been my experience.

Well it depends on where you want to go out of. My favorite ship to date is the Carnival Magic but that's just me.

I'm with you Christmas! If Tizz can route through Houston for flights, Galveston is a hop, skip and a jump for a great Western Iternary out of Galveston on the CARNIVAL MAGIC....

-Boomer

Edited by BoomerHouston

Well seeming you want to leave perhaps from a closer port like Port Canaveral, then you've got some great choices. Dream, Liberty, or the new Sunshine.

If you want newer and big, then the Dream or Sunshine. If you're okay with the ship missing some of the 2.0 upgrades, then the Liberty.

Read up on 2.0, so you can decide which is right. I'm curious about the Sunshine, since it just came out of dry dock with some HUGE changes; 3 story adult only area and the newest 2.0 upgrades. I hope it ends up on the West Coast some day.

I think you will enjoy either ones, but the older ships tend to be priced a little more aggressively unlike the newer Breeze and Dream....at least that has been my experience.

I'm just wondering what 2.0 upgrades you are saying bc from what I understand LIberty has the 2.0 upgrades. In fact I know they do. But there might be something you know that I don't.

Sunshine will be going out of New Orleans in the next couple months. I can't remember whether those cruises begin in November or December. I was on it before it was the Sunshine. We really liked the Destiny but it looks like the upgrades and changes while converting it to the newly named Sunshine are great.

Look on Carnival's site to see which ships have 2.0. I was thinking that Liberty has 2.0 already but I could be wrong. Tizz, 2.0 offers some more food choices like Guys Burger Joint, a taco/burrito bar and also adds a rum and tequila bar among other things. Victory will not be getting 2.0 under next fall but we'll have a great time on our March cruise anyway. Guess that just means I'll have to book another cruise like the Breeze so I can try all the new stuff. :p

Whatever you decide on, have a great time!