Adventure of the seas refurbishment

my family are going on the Adventure August 2014 and wondered if anyone know when the refurbishment will take place, as I have read some upsetting comments on it as it is now

According to RCI, revitalization schedule it was supposed to be for April 2014 however there are no breaks in her schedule up until April 2015 when she completes her winter season in San Juan. They may have moved it until 2015.

From the various threads I've read it looks like it is getting a few things done in a 10 day window this April, with more at a later date.

The ships page on the Royal website was changed recently to explain what's being changed -

http://www.royalcaribbean.co.uk/our-ships/voyager-class/adventure-of-the-seas/

We're sailing on Adventure next year and we are really looking forward to it after reading many good reports on the ship and it's crew.

We just recently sailed on Adventure and have booked the first cruises after drydock. I asked the hotel director exactly what was being done in the shortened drydock and posted on the roll call

.http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=40136421&postcount=68

Cup cake cupboard was never mentioned. Independence had the deck 3 new cabins added in ner short drydock so that could happen in April for Adventure but Adventure's 'Wow' moment is going to be in 2016.

We just recently sailed on Adventure and have booked the first cruises after drydock. I asked the hotel director exactly what was being done in the shortened drydock and posted on the roll call

.http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=40136421&postcount=68

Cup cake cupboard was never mentioned. Independence had the deck 3 new cabins added in ner short drydock so that could happen in April for Adventure but Adventure's 'Wow' moment is going to be in 2016.

Adventure going into dry dock 2014 and 2016. Maybe some of the work is a wet dock on the Trans Atlantic or other voyage/s.

The UK site lists the nursery coming in the 2014 dry dock.

Thank you clarea, I saw that on the website and its actually a big reason we have booked Adventurer for our July sailing but heatherbs post has no mention of it so I'm wondering if the CD mentioned it at all also .. I'd say they will have to do it then though as if they have it on the website and don't do it there could be a lot of disappointed families

Was there no mention of the Royal Tots Nursery???:confused:

Sorry, as it was something I have no need for I did not ask and it never came up in conversation but as it is listed on the UK website it must be true:)

After the drydock in April I will try and remember to post what I see as new.

We have been on Adventure more than 10 times and I still cannot visualise where the cupcake cupboard would go:o.

On Freedom class ships the Close shave venue was easily changed to Cupcake cupboard on Liberty and Independence.

April will be here soon enough:cool::)

Edited by heatherb1953

my family are going on the Adventure August 2014 and wondered if anyone know when the refurbishment will take place, as I have read some upsetting comments on it as it is now

Hi

We had 16 nights on Adventure last month and it was one of our best ever cruises. The ship is fine:). The crew are great too:D

Gill

This is what I found..

As of April 2014, there’ll be more to Adventure of the Seas® than ever before. Thanks to an amazing new makeover, your guests will enjoy even more fantastic features, innovations, entertainment and delectable dining options. The wait is almost over!

Just some of the new features you’ll find onboard:

•Royal Babies and TotsSM Nursery for little ones aged 6–36 months

•Massive Outdoor movie screen overlooking the main pool area

•Giovanni’s Table dishing up a great choice of hearty Italian fare

•Cupcake Cupboard serving freshly baked, gourmet cupcakes

•Digital signage to keep you updated on what’s on and where

•Touchscreen Wayfinders to help you find your way around the ship

• 2 months later...
This is what I found..

As of April 2014, there’ll be more to Adventure of the Seas® than ever before. Thanks to an amazing new makeover, your guests will enjoy even more fantastic features, innovations, entertainment and delectable dining options. The wait is almost over!

Just some of the new features you’ll find onboard:

•Royal Babies and TotsSM Nursery for little ones aged 6–36 months

•Massive Outdoor movie screen overlooking the main pool area

•Giovanni’s Table dishing up a great choice of hearty Italian fare

•Cupcake Cupboard serving freshly baked, gourmet cupcakes

•Digital signage to keep you updated on what’s on and where

•Touchscreen Wayfinders to help you find your way around the ship

Surprised they haven't mentioned anything about putting in a R Bar, as it seemed to be the in thing to do!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app