Budget Rental Car from FLL

abee1989

Hello All!

Leaving for ft Lauderdale this Saturday! Planning on renting a car Saturday until our cruise Sunday. I have read on these boards about a shuttle that once you drop off the car to the airport, you can take it to the cruise port complimentary. However when I just called Budget they were unsure. :confused:

Another question is, I had called previously to check rates with them, etc and an agent told me that they have a location at the cruise terminal and I could drop the car there instead of going back to the airport. When I called today to book the reservation, the woman informed me that there would be a charge for this.

Does anyone have any PERSONAL experiences with Budget that could tell me the best way to drop the car (at either location) and then make my way to the cruise port? Also, vice versa for when we rent a car and do the reverse order the following Saturday. Just seem to be getting different information, and looking for the best way to attempt this. Thanks!

A bit unsure of where you're cruising out of..But we just flew into FLL took a taxi ($12.00) to Thrifty Car Rental right outside the Port Everglades gate and then returned it to that location morning of cruise out of PE and we were shuttled into the port..

This is very quick and easy since Thrifty/Dollar are the closest rental agencies (they share the same building) to Port Everglades.

.Doing it this way instead of renting at the FLL airport worked out to be the least expensive way to avoid those airport fees. We paid a total of approx $100.00 inc all taxes & additional ins. for our 2 day compact rental.

Hello All!

Leaving for ft Lauderdale this Saturday! Planning on renting a car Saturday until our cruise Sunday. I have read on these boards about a shuttle that once you drop off the car to the airport, you can take it to the cruise port complimentary. However when I just called Budget they were unsure. :confused:

Another question is, I had called previously to check rates with them, etc and an agent told me that they have a location at the cruise terminal and I could drop the car there instead of going back to the airport. When I called today to book the reservation, the woman informed me that there would be a charge for this.

Does anyone have any PERSONAL experiences with Budget that could tell me the best way to drop the car (at either location) and then make my way to the cruise port? Also, vice versa for when we rent a car and do the reverse order the following Saturday. Just seem to be getting different information, and looking for the best way to attempt this. Thanks!

This happened to me exactly a year ago. If you rent at the airport you will be charged a huge fee to drop at the port. The idea of a free shuttle to the port is a fable.

I returned the car to the airport (budget had the best price) and took a cab to the ship $+/-15.00.

I suggest that you try to book your car ONLINE...best pricing there. Also, browse over to http://www.mousesavers.com and find a discount code for Budget ( if you decide to use them).

Have a great trip!!

Personal experience: Budget at FLL (Fort Lauderdale Airport) does NOT participate in the shuttle to the pier. We also took a cab, about $15.00 or so. Make sure the driver turns on the meter.

There is a Budget office closer to the pier and I think they will run you over to the pier. It is discussed here almost weekly; I'm sure a little reading and searching will find you that answer. :)

Hello All!

Ignore the misinformation from above and do this...

Pickup the car at FLL and return it to the location just off 17th Street across a big parking lot from the Renaissance Hotel and they will shuttle you to the port. It's in the very back of a strip shopping center and a little hard to find because it's more of a store front look than rental agency.

In your reservation use this code, Y937800 and you can get an Intermediate car for $49.85 including all taxes and fees.

Pickup: FLL

Return: PORT EVERGLADES CRUISE SHUTTLE - EV3, FT.LAUDERDALE , FL

Then enjoy Ft Lauderdale. The weather forecast is looking pretty good for the weekend.

Ignore the misinformation from above and do this...

Pickup the car at FLL and return it to the location just off 17th Street across a big parking lot from the Renaissance Hotel and they will shuttle you to the port. It's in the very back of a strip shopping center and a little hard to find because it's more of a store front look than rental agency.

In your reservation use this code, Y937800 and you can get an Intermediate car for $49.85 including all taxes and fees.

Pickup: FLL

Return: PORT EVERGLADES CRUISE SHUTTLE - EV3, FT.LAUDERDALE , FL

Then enjoy Ft Lauderdale. The weather forecast is looking pretty good for the weekend.

This has been our experience. We book online through Budget. Pickup location was FLL airport. Drop off location was F07 for the 17th street location. Perhaps the code has changed. Our most recent experience was two years ago. There was no additional charge to drop off at a different location at that time. They have a fairly large van to shuttle you to the port for free after you drop off your car.

Happy sailing!:)

Hello All!

There is a Budget Rental car facility basically at the entrance to Port Everglades. It's in a little strip mall. You can drop the car off there and they will shuttle you across the street to the Port. It is very convenient.

• 2 weeks later...
Hello All!

abee1989 -

Did you end up renting from Budget with the recommendations from our CC colleagues above—picking up at the airport pickup and dropping off at the 17th Street location? If so, how did it work out for you? We're flying to FLL on the 13th of December for a cruise departing on the 14th and we're trying to figure out which rental car option to choose. This sounds like the best.

Archived