E-mail notifications and reminders

riofriotex

Our upcoming cruise in January 2014 is our fifth overall but first with Carnival. The other three cruise lines I have used (Norwegian, Royal Caribbean, and Disney) sent me various e-mail confirmations and reminders throughout the booking process and up to the cruise - for example, confirmation of receipt of the deposit, reminders when final payment was due, confirmation of the final payment, etc. So far, the ONLY thing I have received from Carnival was a reminder that a booking was on hold (before I made the deposit), and a confirmation of an excursion I booked. Any idea why there are no other e-mails? (And yes, I checked my spam folder.)

Thanks in advance for any help!

Did you pay your cruise in full at the time of booking?

No, I placed a hold on October 4 (did get a couple e-mail reminders that it would expire on October 5), and paid a $250 deposit on the 5th. I just made the final payment yesterday (the deadline was today). I was surprised to get no e-mail confirmation of the deposit or the final payment, nor any reminders about the final payment being due - good thing I remembered on my own!

Just trying to get an idea if this is par for the course or what with Carnival. I don't consider myself to be a forgetful person, but I AM very busy, and could easily forget deadlines without reminders.

I usually receive an email confirmation with each payment.

You can request an email confirmation by calling Carnival and following the prompts.

I also receive email info/reminders starting maybe 4-6 weeks before cruise re: online checkin, Carnival transfers, etc.

Our upcoming cruise in January 2014 is our fifth overall but first with Carnival. The other three cruise lines I have used (Norwegian, Royal Caribbean, and Disney) sent me various e-mail confirmations and reminders throughout the booking process and up to the cruise - for example, confirmation of receipt of the deposit, reminders when final payment was due, confirmation of the final payment, etc. So far, the ONLY thing I have received from Carnival was a reminder that a booking was on hold (before I made the deposit), and a confirmation of an excursion I booked. Any idea why there are no other e-mails? (And yes, I checked my spam folder.)

I am just the opposite, not meaning to offend.

I get about 60 emails every business day, that's a lot for me. I know for some of you here that's nothing but ...

After the initial booking, I just make the appropriate entries in my calendar to remind myself when to:

- make final payment

- claim shareholder OBC benefit

- do on-line check-in

CCL does send me an email confirming my submission to reduce the fare after I found lower fares using Fare Viewer (we have Early Saver for our December Breeze cruise), did that twice so far, saved $280. Now that confirmation email from CCL sent automatically by them to me, I like.

Just my style I guess, everyone does things differently.

OP...I am with you. I rarely get an email from Carnival after making final payment I did receive an email. I have 3 cruises booked...received one email stating that I should book excursions...for the last cruise. HMMM...what about the 2 before that.

With other cruiselines it seems as those we were getting emails daily about our cruise...not so with Carnival.

I received an email when I paid in full. Just got another one early least week telling me my cruise is 7 Weeks away. Maybe it's something with their email system. Who knows? We all could speculate all day the reasons. Lol

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Forums mobile app

Did you pay your cruise in full at the time of booking? I get a new confirmation every time I make a payment or get a price drop. If you paid in full at the time of booking, you probably wouldn't get anything until closer to sailing date.

me too. and I just got a final payment due email

perhaps the emails are going to someone else booked with you?

That's odd. I get emails from them confirming things all the time, i.e. when I put my cruise on hold, when I made the booking, when final payment was approaching, when I made final payment, when I purchased FTTF, when I applied for stockholder OBC. etc. I am sure I will get an email when my cruise is approaching to show up between 1-3pm for embarkation (not gonna happen :D). It's probably a long shot but maybe your email address is a bit off under your online profile? Or maybe they have it wrong under your booking in their system? Can't hurt to call them.

I got one when using my FCC to book the cabin and a few days later when I called in to pay in full. All contact was via phone directly with CCL for this booking. In the last few days, DH and I have also received numerous e-mail to remind us that our cruise is right around the corner with the promise of sending out yet another "series" of e-mails as the departure date gets closer. (Probably to push open shore excursions!):rolleyes:

I sincerely mean this in no disrespect to the OP or any others, but I feel while a reminder is a nice little perk, (and by all means a little good will from a company goes a long way...) in no way should any company be required to have to remind anyone of their responsibilities.

I do see it on here all the time, "They just simply gave away MY cabin because I happened to miss my final payment!! The nerve of them!!" :mad:

Personal responsibility ie, big boy pants and all that, is very steadily going extinct....

"But no one told me the coffee was going to be hot!"

I sincerely mean this in no disrespect to the OP or any others, but I feel while a reminder is a nice little perk, (and by all means a little good will from a company goes a long way...) in no way should any company be required to have to remind anyone of their responsibilities.

I do see it on here all the time, "They just simply gave away MY cabin because I happened to miss my final payment!! The nerve of them!!" :mad:

Personal responsibility ie, big boy pants and all that, is very steadily going extinct....

"But no one told me the coffee was going to be hot!"

As the OP, I'll respond to this. :cool: I certainly wear my big girl panties and I have put reminders in my calendar, etc. I'm just very surprised that the company apparently has a very inconsistent policy on this (based on the other responses on this thread). You'd think they'd at least give you the opportunity to opt IN for such e-mails, and I did not see that anywhere either.

I am just the opposite, not meaning to offend.

I get about 60 emails every business day, that's a lot for me. I know for some of you here that's nothing but ...

Try 10 times that amount, at least - in three e-mail accounts - and that's with various spam filters (which was why I double-checked the spam folders).

After the initial booking, I just make the appropriate entries in my calendar to remind myself when to:

- make final payment

- claim shareholder OBC benefit

- do on-line check-in

CCL does send me an email confirming my submission to reduce the fare after I found lower fares using Fare Viewer (we have Early Saver for our December Breeze cruise), did that twice so far, saved $280. Now that confirmation email from CCL sent automatically by them to me, I like.

Just my style I guess, everyone does things differently.

I do wish there was an option to opt IN for e-mails - then you and others don't get bombarded with them, but those of us who like to get them at least have the opportunity. :rolleyes:

Try 10 times that amount, at least - in three e-mail accounts - and that's with various spam filters (which was why I double-checked the spam folders).

I do wish there was an option to opt IN for e-mails - then you and others don't get bombarded with them, but those of us who like to get them at least have the opportunity. :rolleyes:

Like I said, different strokes different folks!

It's probably a long shot but maybe your email address is a bit off under your online profile? Or maybe they have it wrong under your booking in their system?

I'm thinking the latter may be it. I called a couple days before the final payment was due to move to a different (better - extended balcony) cabin - same price. The agent asked for my e-mail address. It's not an easy one and I bet she wrote it down wrong. I'm going to try sending them a message via the form on their "Contact Us" page as I'm afraid another phone call will just result in another garbled (wrong) e-mail address.

Thanks for the suggestion! :)

I have gotten 3 of them so far...here's what mine show...

My guess is that your carnival frequent cruiser profile doesn't have your current email. (Mine had the cell I had 3 years ago attached....and had updated previously).

"YOUR CRUISE IS LESS THAN 3 MONTHS AWAY.

Carnival® wants to ensure you are as prepared as possible for all the FUN you’re going to have on your "Fun Ship®" vacation. So we’ve created a list of things you should know before you go:

Proof of Citizenship

The U.S. government requires all guests (including U.S. citizens) to be in possession of valid travel documentation at the pier and throughout the cruise. Read more on important travel documentation.

Embarkation (Boarding the Ship)

Please check the time of embarkation at your departure port to ensure you have enough time for travel.

Read more about the embarkation process.

Make a Payment

Click here to make any outstanding payments online.

Airport and Pier Transfers

Let us get you there — information on airport and pier transfers.

Stateroom Amenities

Your stateroom has lots of closet space, individual climate control, our Carnival Comfort Bed Collection for the ultimate night’s sleep, plus a complimentary basket of toiletries. Read more about the amenities.

Looking to Stay Connected on Board?

Be sure to read this information regarding cell phone and Internet usage on board the ship.

What to Wear

Casual attire is the order of the day. We suggest shorts, sundresses, tank tops, etc., for the ladies, and shorts, khakis, polo shirts and T-shirts for the men. Read more on what to wear.

Medical Services and Guests with Special Requirements

Should you require medical attention while on board, our Medical Services staff is available 24 hours a day. Carnival seeks, to the extent feasible, to accommodate guests with special requirements so they are able to enjoy our ships and other facilities. More information.

Liquor and Beverage Policy

Guests are prohibited from bringing alcoholic beverages on board. All alcohol will be confiscated and stored until the end of the voyage. However, guests 21 years of age and older may bring on board one bottle (750ml) of wine or champagne per person in their carry-on luggage (not in checked baggage). More information.

Service Gratuities

For your convenience, we will automatically charge gratuities for dining and stateroom staff to your

Sail & Sign® account. Our staff is committed to exceeding your expectations in every way.

Please read more about gratuities in our FAQs section.

"

As the OP, I'll respond to this. :cool: I certainly wear my big girl panties and I have put reminders in my calendar, etc. I'm just very surprised that the company apparently has a very inconsistent policy on this (based on the other responses on this thread). You'd think they'd at least give you the opportunity to opt IN for such e-mails, and I did not see that anywhere either.

Agreed. Consistency is key. If they are going to do it, do it.

If a company is going to create a "dependent Pavlov's dog", then they better at least feed it. ;) (not the perfect analogy but you get me. lol)

And again, I do realize in no way were you whining. I again was making a general observation. :D

Archived