Do Platinum/Diamond and FTTF board together?

Avril

I'm sailing on the Splendor next year with some friends. :D I'm Platinum but my friend is not (she's Gold). We are in different cabins. She has bought FTTF for this cruise. We would love to board together!! My question is, do Platinum/Diamond and FTTF board together or do they board Platinum/Diamond first, then FTTF? I have been on a ship that has FTTF but somehow didn't notice if they were boarding the groups together or separately.

Thanks!! :D

Not in all ports. In New York, Diamond and Platinum all went to the same Lounge, FTTF went to a different lounge. In concept Boarding would be Diamond, Platinum, then FTTF. I have not seen Diamond separated from Platinum but it could be happening subtly since there are only a few Diamond on any given cruise.

Not in all ports. In New York, Diamond and Platinum all went to the same Lounge, FTTF went to a different lounge. In concept Boarding would be Diamond, Platinum, then FTTF. I have not seen Diamond separated from Platinum but it could be happening subtly since there are only a few Diamond on any given cruise.

This info is correct, and exactly how it worked for our Splendor cruise last August.

In New Orleans they only had one VIP lounge and we were all brought to the holding area as first. Once we were brought there, we were all together and not grouped platinum / diamond / FTTF.

Sent from my wonderful iPhone 5 using the fabulous Cruise Critic app.

Was your experience recent? Maybe it varies depending on the numbers of people involved.

On our Oct 6th (7th) New Orleans Conquest cruise, FTTF was not in the Diamond / Platinum area. I believe they had a separate line where the rest of the folks checked in. They did have a separate waiting area and didn't board until after the Diamond/Platinum people.

Its a Carnival concept situation, sounds good but really never happens, when the call comes its everybody go for it. It should go as a call for Diamond then Platinum then FTTF. Its a joke, nobody is really checked and it becomes a free for all. Carnival does not care as long as they get everybody on the ship as soon as possible. At Miami people came in line from all directions, at Baltimore Diamond and Platinum were in the same taped area, don't think there was a FTTF for that cruise. So it looks like each port does it different, so its what ever you can get away with.

In New Orleans they only had one VIP lounge and we were all brought to the holding area as first. Once we were brought there, we were all together and not grouped platinum / diamond / FTTF.

Not true for New Orleans. I sailed a week before you and again a couple of weeks after you from New Orleans. FTTF has their own check in line that is NOT in the VIP lounge. They are also NOT seated with Plat/Diamond/VIP guests.

Order of boarding in New Orleans is

Wedding parties

Plat/Diam/VIP

FTTF

Guests needing assistance

General boarding called by zone.

Dave

That is not the way it should happen, keep those fttf people away from the Dia/Plat's, make them wait like they should.

That is not the way it should happen, keep those fttf people away from the Dia/Plat's, make them wait like they should.

Wow make it sound like fttf people are second class citizens.. Does it really matter who goes on the ship first? Such a shame people get all worked up over who gets on the ship first reminds me of 1st grade when everyone had to be first .. I don't show up at the port to around noon I dont care if im first or number 3,000 on the ship as long as I make it!

Splendor is sailing from NYC, and I echo the experiences of those who described the NYC check-in. FTTF went to a different place than Diamond/Platinum.

Anyway, you can get checked in since your room key will be in the plat/diamond room, then head back out the room and turn right to where the FTTF people check in and you can board together.

have a great cruise.

This is what we have experienced every cruise since FTTF began. Diamond, Platinum, and FTTF are all in the VIP boarding area together and are not separated when they start boarding the ship. This has been in Tampa, Miami, Port Canaveral, and Galveston.

Some get upset about this but to me it is a petty concern. We are still among the first to board, (and wedding parties take priority over us even, and FTTF isn't even required for them.)

I would never stand up and say, "I'm diamond, so you have to wait until I board." That's just silly. They aren't going to run out of food and the ship won't sail any sooner.

I appreciate that others have paid for the benefit because that means I don't have to lug my carryon around anymore and my luggage should arrive earlier, making it easier to get everything squared way before muster drill.

You are going on a cruise! Don't sweat the small stuff. Who cares if 50 people boarded before you?

It's a toss up as to how it will happen at port Canaveral. May and June cruise called by wedding then diamond then platinum and finally FTTF. September cruise it was wedding and then everybody else.

We sailed out of PC in August and there was one line for "priority boarding." Must not have been many diamond/plats, because when we got to the designated area, we walked right up to the counter, no wait, and checked in as FTTF. I agree with whoever said that it perhaps depends on the number of platinum/diamonds boarding the ship. There weren't many on our Sensation sailing; however I do expect there to be more next year when boarding the Sunshine.

Seems like fact & theory are not always the same. LOL In my experiences, The same line to get through security was used for FTTF, Diamond/Platinum, & people with disabilities. Once through security, the Diamond/Platinum guests went to the VIP lounge for check-in and the FTTF & disabled guests went to the head of the regular check-in line. The time difference will be minimal.

Apparently there were no wedding parties on the last cruise I went on so the Diamond/Platinum guests were the 1st to board. I ended up being the very 1st. It was a rather unique experience walking into the atrium devoid of anyone except crew. Doubt such a thing would happen again, but it was cool to experience just once anyway.

I'm sailing on the Splendor next year with some friends. :D I'm Platinum but my friend is not (she's Gold). We are in different cabins. She has bought FTTF for this cruise. We would love to board together!! My question is, do Platinum/Diamond and FTTF board together or do they board Platinum/Diamond first, then FTTF? I have been on a ship that has FTTF but somehow didn't notice if they were boarding the groups together or separately.

If you're sailing out of NY, no.

On my last cruise in April from Miami on Imagination FTTF boarded at the same time as the Platinum/Diamond guests. And it was standing room only in the VIP lounge.

on the BREEZE Sept. 14...VIP, Diamond, Faster to the Fun ( and on FTTF is for everyone in the cabin..lots of kids ) boarded together. We could not even get a seat in the VIP lounge. hundreds of people. they led them out in cattle lines.

Getting off of the BREEZE on Sept. 22, 2013 hundreds of self assist passengers joined the VIP and FTTF mad house. It was disgusting. dangerous. pushing. shoving. Even on the escalator. I was pushed by a suitcase.

this has been discussed many times on this board. Other people were there. they verified my word about what a mad house it was. Don't bother me with the Carnival Cheerleader stuff that I made it up. I am a carnival cheerleaders.

And as others remarked..many of the FTTF had not cruised before. Did not know to get in..what you did with the sign and sail card...

For the $50 bucks FTTF costs The public relations disaster it has caused among long time...repeat customers.................costs them a lot more than that.

On my last cruise in April from Miami on Imagination FTTF boarded at the same time as the Platinum/Diamond guests. And it was standing room only in the VIP lounge.

So with FTTF they let you go to the VIP area? We had FTTF in January but we weren't directed to the VIP lounge. We go again this upcoming January so would appreciate the info.

Archived