Cruise Ship (Mainly Carnival) Themed Christmas Tree

thecruiserofships

It's getting close to Christmas and the Holiday Season!

I got an idea last weekend to have a cruise ship themed Christmas tree in my house. I have a spare tree so I used my cruise pictures to create some ornaments on the tree. I put the tree up, added lights, and put some cut outs of Carnival ships that I took pictures of and also put some other cruise related stuff on the tree.

My tree is still a work in progress as I am adding more cruise related things to the tree.

For photos and more information:

http://www.embarkandaway.com/1/post/2013/10/cruise-ship-themed-christmas-tree-2013.html

Enjoy, feel free to share, and if you have any questions about how I did any of this please feel free to ask! Hope you get inspired!

Note: Yes, it is before Halloween. In my house we will not put up our regular decorations until Thanksgiving. Some people probably consider me crazy, but I am alternating between Christmas music and regular music! :)

Edited by thecruiserofships

Please note that the tree is in the upstairs of my house not in the living room.

Put on Kenny Chesney's "All I Want for Christmas is a Real Good Tan," song and I'm right there with you. Lol.

Maybe some of the creative people on this board can give you some ideas for cruise ornaments.

I've seen themed ornament sections in several dept. stores, maybe you could find some shells or starfish ornaments. Beach themes usually have a good variety of things you could put on there. Maybe a large starfish for the topper? And maybe some random pieces of the beachy type fish net as garland, just some here and there.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I've seen themed ornament sections in several dept. stores, maybe you could find some shells or starfish ornaments. Beach themes usually have a good variety of things you could put on there. Maybe a large starfish for the topper? And maybe some random pieces of the beachy type fish net as garland, just some here and there.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Thank you for the ideas! I know a store that sells this type of stuff so I might look into this!

We put up two trees, one in the living room and one in the family room. The living room has the traditional ornaments on it. The one in the family room has a dated ornament from each year since we were married (1979). We also buy ornaments from every island we have visited and put them on the tree too. There are several cruise ship ornaments too. Most islands have ornaments with the island name on them. There is a great store here in Michigan that sells all kinds of ornaments that have to do with anything from camping to cruising. They have a website. Just google "Bronners". They will even paint names or dates on them.

We have a Palm Tree Xmas tree. Anytime I'm on a ship I look for Xmas ornaments and that's what goes on the tree.

Now that's the tree I want! :D

This is an awesome idea with tons of neat ideas to use. (My family already thinks I'm nuts about cruising...this would pretty much convince them I'm over the edge). :o

Now that's the tree I want! :D

This is an awesome idea with tons of neat ideas to use. (My family already thinks I'm nuts about cruising...this would pretty much convince them I'm over the edge). :o

I'm also a big fan of cruising and people think I'm strange for doing this to my upstairs tree!

All I seem to do is talk about cruising and cruise ships! A day never passes when I don't think about cruising.

Edited by thecruiserofships

I'm planning on collecting a little sand from the beaches we travel to and then put them in clear ornaments...with some little shells if I can find them also. I then plan to write the beach name and date of visit on the ornament.

That's really a cute idea!

A friend asked for a magnet souvenir from ports I visited. Got some really cute ones which would make great ornaments.

Edited by crusinpsychRN

It's getting close to Christmas and the Holiday Season!

I got an idea last weekend to have a cruise ship themed Christmas tree in my house. I have a spare tree so I used my cruise pictures to create some ornaments on the tree. I put the tree up, added lights, and put some cut outs of Carnival ships that I took pictures of and also put some other cruise related stuff on the tree.

My tree is still a work in progress as I am adding more cruise related things to the tree.

For photos and more information:

http://www.embarkandaway.com/1/post/2013/10/cruise-ship-themed-christmas-tree-2013.html

Enjoy, feel free to share, and if you have any questions about how I did any of this please feel free to ask! Hope you get inspired!

Note: Yes, it is before Halloween. In my house we will not put up our regular decorations until Thanksgiving. Some people probably consider me crazy, but I am alternating between Christmas music and regular music! :)

Please note that my original post was before Halloween, but now we are past Halloween and getting closer to Thanksgiving/Christmas.