Pre-Cruise Suite Concierge?

cle-guy

Is there any way to contact X ahead of arrival as a Penthouse Suite guest to arrange a sail away party? Just looking for few bottles of bubbly (more than the complimentary bottle) glass setups, and an appetizer spread is all.

I've called cruise enhancements and they say I have to wait to board, then find my butler and see.

I hate to arrange and plan this with a bunch of people and then end up with nothing because they are too busy boarding and getting ready to depart to handle a last minute request. Or will the butler bend over backwards because it's a Penthouse and make it happen? This is in regards to a sailing on Reflection end of November.

Appreciate any help.

Pre sail away parties are extremely difficult for a butler to arrange as that day is insanely busy for all the crew. And, if your cruise happens to be when the ship has a Coast Guard inspection or a CDC inspection, no food is available until the inspections are over, not even in the buffet until the inspections are complete. On one of our recent cruises, we didn't meet our butler until the next morning because of these inspections. We've been in the PH for many sailings, and the one thing we notice is how unavailable the butler is on that first day, other than to pop in to say hello and ask if there's anything we need at that moment. He generally only has a few minutes to spend with each new passenger.

What you might want to do is purchase the bottles of champagne via the online package and indicate you want the bottles in the suite when you arrive. If you still want food, you will have to wait until you board to see if this can be done.

We've attended sailaway parties in the penthouse and the butler was there to help with the food and drinks. I believe bought in advance via the online ordering. Heck, we've done that for own private sail always - canapés, shrimp and sweets. We've also brought on things from caviar to chips and dip. Don't think it unreasonable to expect the items you order to be set up. If the butler does more that's awesome.

Is there any way to contact X ahead of arrival as a Penthouse Suite guest to arrange a sail away party? Just looking for few bottles of bubbly (more than the complimentary bottle) glass setups, and an appetizer spread is all.

I've called cruise enhancements and they say I have to wait to board, then find my butler and see.

I hate to arrange and plan this with a bunch of people and then end up with nothing because they are too busy boarding and getting ready to depart to handle a last minute request. Or will the butler bend over backwards because it's a Penthouse and make it happen? This is in regards to a sailing on Reflection end of November.

Appreciate any help.

Hi Cley-guy,

As Kitty mentioned, it's tough to ask for much on turnaround day, as the crew are extremely busy. With that said, I believe if the request is reasonable, the Butler will try their very best to accomodate you.

Why not give Captains Club a call, and see if they can note your request in your reservation. Good luck, and have a wonderful cruise !

Is there any way to contact X ahead of arrival as a Penthouse Suite guest to arrange a sail away party? Just looking for few bottles of bubbly (more than the complimentary bottle) glass setups, and an appetizer ...

Yes, there is a dept. at CEL, called Celebrity Experience Pre-Cruise, for Conc. Aqua & Suite guests.... 800-590-6221

You can pre-purchase additional bottles of wine/sparkling wine on Celebrity's website. Just got to Gifts by Celebrity. They should be in your suite when you arrive.Your PH will have a supply of glasses so it depends on how many people you are inviting. As you said just "a few bottles of bubbly", it sound like not too many and so you may have enough glasses. If not, just ask folks to bring along the glass from their "welcome aboard" drink. Food and butler service may be more of an issue. Embarkation day is very busy, as you recognise. I am not familiar with Reflection's schdule but if you are the first cruise following her TA, then the chances of food are very slim, IMHO, and your pre-purchased bubbly may not have been delivered either because of Customs regulations.

Sue

Yes, there is a dept. at CEL, called Celebrity Experience Pre-Cruise, for Conc. Aqua & Suite guests.... 800-590-6221

This is the number I had received somewhere along the way and called and they are the ones who told me I hav to wait to board and meet the butler. They had NO alternatives to offer other than simply wait :confused::roll eyes:

Didn't even suggest gift order or anything like that. I actually thought of purchasing the 5 bottle wine package and just having the 5 bottles of bubbly sent. And had planed on asking my guests to stop for a beverage on the way so wed surely hav enough glassware.

Really, All i want is some buckets of ice and instead of passing out small plates of afternoon tea snacks, just put out a larger spread of the same.

Luckily we aren't the 1st after the TA so at last that bump isn't going to be a problem.

Kathleen, have you called before and actually had any luck with them? Should I simply keep calling till I get a helpful operator?

I was hoping you would get better results from the pre-cruise department. We are booked in the PH on the Constellation in April and are traveling with relatives.

I logged on to My Celebrity this morning and it didn't show my reservation (made a year ago)! :eek:

I called and got a recording that said they were down for maintenance.

I guess I'll try pre-purchasing and hope for the best.

• 1 month later...

Just back and here's my experience.

I called Cruise enhancements was told not much they could do, but they apparently did note my reservation. Appreciate the private email with particulars!

I boarded around 11:30 and went to Michael's Club waiting lounge. The CC hostess met me and acknowledged my desire for a party to see what she could help with. The concierge also offered to assist.

I had ordered 6 bottles of Chandon from gifts by celebrity, those were all in my cabin - 2 chilling on ice, others in wine fridge. Then the free bottle X gives you, then my butler brought 3 'as his gift to me' (they were assorted brands, so I think the butlers may just gather unused bottles and use them as their 'gifts' which frankly I think is brilliant of them). And my guests brought theirs too...so no shortages at all! we went through 16 'champagne' and some white and red....I smuggled also 2 in checked luggage and carried on 2 bottle as well...figured the downstairs folk aren't talking to the upstairs folk to log the allocated allotment booze brought aboard and that seemed to work!

I asked the CC hostess if they could set something up similar to the simple appetizer and sweets display in Michaels waiting lounge, (others said food is issue because of inspections...???? how is this, all restaurants are open already).

Rooms available at 1:15, met butler around 2. told him of my sail away, and he organized 8 ice buckets, 40 champagne glasses and set a nice display with table cloth on the table. After muster drill, he brought 8 platters of assorted cheese, and other appetizers and sweets, similar to the same trays you would see up on buffet, so I'm certain they just have dozens of those prepped and ready to go so no muss no fuss.

Hosted about 40 people for a couple hours and when all left went to take a shower and the room was back to nothing ever happened when I got out of the shower. Concierge stopped in middle of the party to be sure all was in order. I even brought decorations for the cabin and veranda, even a wreath for the cabin door LOL!

It was quite simple, easily and readily accommodated and couldn't have been easier. Butler provided the services that come with the position and with the suites flawlessly. It honestly only took probably 30 minutes of his time to gather ice buckets glasses and a cart of appetizers really.

Will definitely do it again next cruise all had a blast!

Just back and here's my experience.

I called Cruise enhancements was told not much they could do, but they apparently did note my reservation. Appreciate the private email with particulars!

I boarded around 11:30 and went to Michael's Club waiting lounge. The CC hostess met me and acknowledged my desire for a party to see what she could help with. The concierge also offered to assist.

I had ordered 6 bottles of Chandon from gifts by celebrity, those were all in my cabin - 2 chilling on ice, others in wine fridge. Then the free bottle X gives you, then my butler brought 3 'as his gift to me' (they were assorted brands, so I think the butlers may just gather unused bottles and use them as their 'gifts' which frankly I think is brilliant of them). And my guests brought theirs too...so no shortages at all! we went through 16 'champagne' and some white and red....I smuggled also 2 in checked luggage and carried on 2 bottle as well...figured the downstairs folk aren't talking to the upstairs folk to log the allocated allotment booze brought aboard and that seemed to work!

I asked the CC hostess if they could set something up similar to the simple appetizer and sweets display in Michaels waiting lounge, (others said food is issue because of inspections...???? how is this, all restaurants are open already).

Rooms available at 1:15, met butler around 2. told him of my sail away, and he organized 8 ice buckets, 40 champagne glasses and set a nice display with table cloth on the table. After muster drill, he brought 8 platters of assorted cheese, and other appetizers and sweets, similar to the same trays you would see up on buffet, so I'm certain they just have dozens of those prepped and ready to go so no muss no fuss.

Hosted about 40 people for a couple hours and when all left went to take a shower and the room was back to nothing ever happened when I got out of the shower. Concierge stopped in middle of the party to be sure all was in order. I even brought decorations for the cabin and veranda, even a wreath for the cabin door LOL!

It was quite simple, easily and readily accommodated and couldn't have been easier. Butler provided the services that come with the position and with the suites flawlessly. It honestly only took probably 30 minutes of his time to gather ice buckets glasses and a cart of appetizers really.

Will definitely do it again next cruise all had a blast!

Glad it all worked out for you!! How was the cruise?

Please let me know how your stay in the penthouse goes!

Ahhh, the Penthouse....

the verandah....sooooo big!

Reviere adjustable bed system. I don't think I can sleep in my own bed anymore.

TV in the bathroom, remote control don't change the channels, butler couldn't figure it out neither could engineering. Am I really the 1st person since October 2012 to try to watch the TV in the bathroom? Eventually brought me a standard (non-waterproof and not meant for the tv) that would change channels, but I needed the standard one to turn on and off and volume. And all wet in tub, not too practical to use a non-waterproof one.

I found 8 burnt out light bulbs, reported some then didn't bother again. they should probably check periodically....1 bedside lamp had both out other missing 1. Light in toilet room fell out of ceiling couple times.

Player piano, had some disk or CD in it, but the butler seemed completely stumped on its operation.....I figured it out eventually. Again, am I the first one to try to use the thing? In a Ritz or 4 Seasons, they make the room guy show you how to practically flush the toilets during the "let me show you the fancy room in detail so you want to tip me better" routine. Butler said he'd been with Celebrity for 14 years, forgot to find out how long as butler and how long on this ship. He did say he was responsible for 5 suites on my deck (11) and 5 on 10 as well.

Couple of the door stops had come apart and needed repaired.

The SHOWER!!!!! It's huge and drenching. Sounds awesome right? well the DRAIN is standard sized drain, so you get about 5 minutes before the water overflows the shower stall ledge out into the bathroom floor. Poor design!

I'm a details guy, worked for Marriott for years and inspected thousands of rooms for housekeeping and engineering issues, so I tend to zoom in on minuscule details. They didn't bother me at all, though does make one wonder what kind of systems are in place to PM (Periodic Maintenance) things and see that all works.

Had a chance to go to a cocktail party in Reflection Suite. I was hoping to be stunned, but left overall unimpressed. I generally love modern contemporary decor, but somehow the suite felt like there were 3 competing interior designers who just had to stuff it full of things for the sake of things and it was puking up some sort of modern design wholesale catalog. The high ceilings made it feel large, but the limited floor space quickly brought you back to reality. To host the cocktail party there were just so many chairs and loungers in the way pushed to the sides. I hosted 40 in my suite and could have easily brought in 100 more given veranda and cabin size. This suite about 30 people were there and you were crawling on each other trying to move from bar to appetizers to chatting with others. The waiters were trying to pass appetizers and drinks, would have been better leaving them out to get 2 more human spaces available for walking LOL! The photos make it look MUCH larger than reality. Was there after dark, but can imagine the onward views in the day are worth something though....

The shower of course is awesome, 2 bedrooms is cool too. The whirlpool on veranda was double sized (larger than penthouse and royals) but the veranda is probably not much larger than an extended veranda in an aft or hump cabin to be quite honest, and only accessible by passing thru the guest bedroom or thru master bedroom and then through the shower....odd configuration. And completely covered, no sun.

The 2nd / guest bathroom was large, but the high ceilings were wasted there and left it feeling cold and unfinished in my mind, given the puking of decor in the main room, some could have filled this space better.

I have been craving a stay in the Reflection Suite, but now would be hard pressed to pay that much more versus Penthouse. I think PH is by far better for value unless you need 2 full bedrooms.

Ahhh, the Penthouse....

the verandah....sooooo big!

Reviere adjustable bed system. I don't think I can sleep in my own bed anymore.

TV in the bathroom, remote control don't change the channels, butler couldn't figure it out neither could engineering. Am I really the 1st person since October 2012 to try to watch the TV in the bathroom? Eventually brought me a standard (non-waterproof and not meant for the tv) that would change channels, but I needed the standard one to turn on and off and volume. And all wet in tub, not too practical to use a non-waterproof one.

I found 8 burnt out light bulbs, reported some then didn't bother again. they should probably check periodically....1 bedside lamp had both out other missing 1. Light in toilet room fell out of ceiling couple times.

Player piano, had some disk or CD in it, but the butler seemed completely stumped on its operation.....I figured it out eventually. Again, am I the first one to try to use the thing? In a Ritz or 4 Seasons, they make the room guy show you how to practically flush the toilets during the "let me show you the fancy room in detail so you want to tip me better" routine. Butler said he'd been with Celebrity for 14 years, forgot to find out how long as butler and how long on this ship. He did say he was responsible for 5 suites on my deck (11) and 5 on 10 as well.

Couple of the door stops had come apart and needed repaired.

The SHOWER!!!!! It's huge and drenching. Sounds awesome right? well the DRAIN is standard sized drain, so you get about 5 minutes before the water overflows the shower stall ledge out into the bathroom floor. Poor design!

I'm a details guy, worked for Marriott for years and inspected thousands of rooms for housekeeping and engineering issues, so I tend to zoom in on minuscule details. They didn't bother me at all, though does make one wonder what kind of systems are in place to PM (Periodic Maintenance) things and see that all works.

Had a chance to go to a cocktail party in Reflection Suite. I was hoping to be stunned, but left overall unimpressed. I generally love modern contemporary decor, but somehow the suite felt like there were 3 competing interior designers who just had to stuff it full of things for the sake of things and it was puking up some sort of modern design wholesale catalog. The high ceilings made it feel large, but the limited floor space quickly brought you back to reality. To host the cocktail party there were just so many chairs and loungers in the way pushed to the sides. I hosted 40 in my suite and could have easily brought in 100 more given veranda and cabin size. This suite about 30 people were there and you were crawling on each other trying to move from bar to appetizers to chatting with others. The waiters were trying to pass appetizers and drinks, would have been better leaving them out to get 2 more human spaces available for walking LOL! The photos make it look MUCH larger than reality. Was there after dark, but can imagine the onward views in the day are worth something though....

The shower of course is awesome, 2 bedrooms is cool too. The whirlpool on veranda was double sized (larger than penthouse and royals) but the veranda is probably not much larger than an extended veranda in an aft or hump cabin to be quite honest, and only accessible by passing thru the guest bedroom or thru master bedroom and then through the shower....odd configuration. And completely covered, no sun.

The 2nd / guest bathroom was large, but the high ceilings were wasted there and left it feeling cold and unfinished in my mind, given the puking of decor in the main room, some could have filled this space better.

I have been craving a stay in the Reflection Suite, but now would be hard pressed to pay that much more versus Penthouse. I think PH is by far better for value unless you need 2 full bedrooms.

Thanks again, was the bed in the penthouse one king size mattress or two twins?

Thanks again, was the bed in the penthouse one king size mattress or two twins?

It is a Reverie Adjustable Bed with 'Split King'. Each side was independently controlled, and the gap in the middle didn't bother me at all. The sheets were standard king though, so if sharing, there could be some movement of the sheets etc. that may be weird I suppose.

http://www.reverie.com/products/sleep-systems/dream-sleep-system.html

Fairly certain it was the middle bed shown in that link, the DREAM SLEEP SYSTEM.

It is a Reverie Adjustable Bed with 'Split King'. Each side was independently controlled, and the gap in the middle didn't bother me at all. The sheets were standard king though, so if sharing, there could be some movement of the sheets etc. that may be weird I suppose.

http://www.reverie.com/products/sleep-systems/dream-sleep-system.html

Fairly certain it was the middle bed shown in that link, the DREAM SLEEP SYSTEM.

Thanks again. I forgot you were on the reflection with the reverie beds. I'm booked in that suite on the solstice and I know it's not updated with the reverie bed. Either way, we will be good. Thanks