Finally!!---FLL Sail Away Season is here!!

tteettimes

there are five ships leaving today. What a nice thing to begin the season

We have the Allure---the new Royal Princess---Carny Freedom and two other Dam ships.......and Celebrity is yet to come----- can't wait....hip-hip-HOORAY:):)

I wish X would sail out of NY year round....

Same here. It is only a 600 mile drive for us and I would rather be on the ship for a few extra days sailing to warm weather than driving to FL.

With all of the hassle of flying I would rather drive even though sometimes it cost more for us to drive than fly. Plus I think NY is a more interesting place to visit. Plus sailing by the Statue of Liberty makes it seem like being on a cruise from years ago that you see in the movies.

.🎃

The Eurodam sure did leave the port in style! Is this the captain that was on the Westerdam last year? Great to hear the horn more than the traditional 3 blasts that Allure has been doing. Festive! Excited to be on the Eclipse Nov 16 from Port Everglades.

I wish X would sail out of NY year round....

Agreed. Unfortunately they'll never bring Silhouette (or one if its peers) back now that Quantum will be taking up residence. I'd settle for an X ship year round doing Caribbean out of Florida.

Sorry to see that we will miss seeing the Eclipse by one day. We are sailing on thee Allure FLL Nov 10-17. Sailing on the Eclipse from Southampton May 24. Would have been nice to have a " preview" of her, despite having sailed on the Solstice and the Silhouette.

HAL is definitely a fabulous horn blower, heard that the Captain of the Prinsendam is the best. We were on the Westerdam a few years ago where we sailed out of Vancouver, the horn blowing was not to be undone. It was such a great feeling when we sailed under the Lions Gate Bridge and the captain blew the horn a few times.......... Was a great start to such a memorable cruise.

Diane

Come join us on the HAL Message Board! There is an active sailaway thread that is in progress today and whenever there are HAL ships sailing.

Have to admit I always find my way back to the HAL boards for sailaway season ;-)

No threads like the sailaway threads on HAL boards :-)

Archived