where to sleep?

I was at the desk everyday. I knew if I went off like I wanted to it would have ruined my entire vacation. I did my best to stay somewhat calm but make it known daily I was not happy. I was there for my best friends wedding and didn't want to effect the love, happiness and overall awesome time we were all sharing together.

Good for you for trying to still enjoy your vacation in a very uncomfortable circumstance.

If it's a large online agency, start going up the ladder with them right now!! The longer you wait to push some options, the less leverage they have.

Again something doesn't seem kosher here. And as far as RCL telling the OP in a general way "to deal with it" sorry don't believe a word of it...:rolleyes:

The OP didn't say RCCL told them in a general way "to deal with it". It was in a poilite manner and may have been interpreted that way.

I think you are just responding again since no one agreed with you on your original post. I imagine most readers just rolled their eyes at your comment thinking "whatever". But then again.. everyone has a right to their opinion and is a "critic". :p

Again something doesn't seem kosher here. And as far as RCL telling the OP in a general way "to deal with it" sorry don't believe a word of it...:rolleyes:

Not sure what help you think you are offering --or to whom you are offering it ---but I agree that your fine posts lack both taste and sense and perhaps might be more useful if kept to yourself:)

As the old saying goes...."There are two sides to every story!". (in this case 3 sides....OP, large online TA, and RcI). We will never hear TA and RC's side. I am sorry that this happened to OP but I agree we probably aren't getting all of the details from OP. I don't think the OP is deceiving us....I just don't think he gave us the whole story to start with. Such details as being part of a group of 25, cabin being a guarantee, the fact the he is experienced cruiser, etc....all would have probably given us different thoughts throughout the beginning of this thread. Not trying to flame OP...or anyone else....just saying that I'm sure there are facts that we don't know that have an impact on this situation.

As the old saying goes...."There are two sides to every story!". (in this case 3 sides....OP, large online TA, and RcI). We will never hear TA and RC's side. I am sorry that this happened to OP but I agree we probably aren't getting all of the details from OP. I don't think the OP is deceiving us....I just don't think he gave us the whole story to start with. Such details as being part of a group of 25, cabin being a guarantee, the fact the he is experienced cruiser, etc....all would have probably given us different thoughts throughout the beginning of this thread. Not trying to flame OP...or anyone else....just saying that I'm sure there are facts that we don't know that have an impact on this situation.

You are correct; there is always MORE to the story. However, what is known for 100% certain is that the TA is NOT addressing OP. They took his money and now don't want to deal with him. Pre-planning elements of this are not as relevant in light of new facts that suggest that the TA expects the OP to accept the shortfall in their service.

It's ALMOST lunch time on the east coast; so there is another half day gone with the TA ignoring the OP's issue. How is this acceptable to anyone?

it was booked along with 25 others for my best friends wedding. It is a fairly large online cruise agency.

A group booking. That is interesting. Was anybody at all in your group of 25 sailing solo? Or was there a family with, say, 2 people a room and one person in another, or something of the sort? Do you have anyway of knowing if the TA obtained other bookings and added them (on paper only) to your group booking to get bigger discounts or amenities (like maybe even a free berth for a friend!)?

OP, early on, did you get Royal Caribbeans's invoices? Or just TA booking invoices? For that matter did you ever get real Royal Caribbean invoices?

Now that we know a group was booked, I wounder if the TA played some paper games to get the best overall pricing. As a hypothetical example, your third person could have initially been listed with a solo (better pricing that way), and letting the TA easily book two of you in a gty cabin (remember those are offered to parties of three far less often), again to get better pricing. Then later the TA may have tried to reconcile the cabins, but forgot to fix your 3 people in a cabin for 2 problem.

Even if nobody you know in your group was alone in a cabin, the TA could have played that sort of game by adding more unknown parties (on paper) to your booking. In fact, being able to make such people a great deal on a solo cabin may have been the reason said parties would book with that TA.

We all know people are shifted around on bookings to maximize discounts and such. But I hope no TA would do this without the express approval of the clients, but stranger things have happened.

Just to be clear, I am not saying this IS what happened, I am just a thought of how such a strange thing might have gotten started.

IMO this speculation about HOW it happened is not really the point (although the poster above seems to have a good grasp of the mechanics of things and their idea seems possible). Let's not forget that HOWEVER it happened, the agency is now refusing to address it.

Regardless of what the OP's concern is, whatever it may be related to, the travel agent needs to answer the phone and respond to the OP. Maybe others are a lot more accepting of being taken for a ride, but I never, ever accept businesses leaving me holding the bag. EVER. They try but I go to a level where most would expect the client to give up. I NEVER give up. I make sure I am dealt with in an equitable and fair manner. In no uncertain terms I DEMAND the customer service that they were blowing smoke about when they took my money. More than one business has gotten a rude wakeup call from state regulators at my behest when they thought they could take my money and not deliver on it.

As others have said, BBB is a waste. They are a pay to play organization. Pay them off and negative reviews go away. BBB is self-serving, not for the benefit of the consumer. Think of it as a blacklist and you have the option to be removed for $$$.

OP, what a bummer! Thank goodness it was a group, as even though it's a large outfit, there has to be one key account rep. It sounds like the groom might be your best advocate, especially if he has other issues to present. Note, I agree it's important to argue safety issues presented by RCI's and TA's failure to insure you were assigned a cabin for three, but weren't you on Allure? If so, don't forget, life jackets are stored at the muster station in a plentiful amount to cover max possible capacity. I think a better point is that the two pax in the bed didn't have safe access to the cabin door in case of emergency or the bathroom. It's probably a safety code violation! Someone could have been badly injured with a bedroll/rollaway in the walkway...I'll bet one of you tripped or banged your leg at least once during the week (well, I am projecting my lack of grace!). Good luck getting some resolution.

Edited by Artemis

it was booked along with 25 others for my best friends wedding. It is a fairly large online cruise agency.

You mean to tell us that not ONE person (or couple) in a group of 25 had either a 3rd berth cabin or a sofa bed to either trade rooms or let you spend the night? Now THATS hard to believe.....not doubting your story but maybe your friends aren't very good friends LOL.:(

I think I might have set up camp in the Solarium instead of living like THAT for a week. Bet they would have found somewhere for me to be THEN!

This is what I told them I was going to do on the Adventure (but using champagne bar as my cabin) when we had room issues, and within 30 minutes we had action from the executive housekeeper, new beds, bedding, carpets, new door and repainted balcony plus other things..

OP, Hope you get that refund sorted, it can take them a few weeks to collect all info from the ship etc..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by Jason12

Every group booking has a Group Representative assigned to it - that is the person you are wanting to talk with at this point to get to the bottom of the error. That is if you can find out who that representative is.

Maybe you could try calling group sales and ask to speak with whoever this agency's group rep is?

.....initially told (in a very polite way) 'deal with it'

the first night I was told there were no open rooms available and was given no otheroption the roll out bed wasn't offered til day 2.

so in a polite way YES I was told to deal with it. there were ZERO efforts made other than looking in the computer for a larger room.

OP, what a bummer! Thank goodness it was a group, as even though it's a large outfit, there has to be one key account rep. It sounds like the groom might be your best advocate, especially if he has other issues to present. Note, I agree it's important to argue safety issues presented by RCI's and TA's failure to insure you were assigned a cabin for three, but weren't you on Allure? If so, don't forget, life jackets are stored at the muster station in a plentiful amount to cover max possible capacity. I think a better point is that the two pax in the bed didn't have safe access to the cabin door in case of emergency or the bathroom. It's probably a safety code violation! Someone could have been badly injured with a bedroll/rollaway in the walkway...I'll bet one of you tripped or banged your leg at least once during the week (well, I am projecting my lack of grace!). Good luck getting some resolution.

Though tight, there appears to be a narrow pathway without going over the rollaway bed. I would not wish to pass through that tight space for a middle of the night trip to the bathroom, but healthy youngish people would be expected to escape in an emergency. Still, like others, I'd have camped in the solarium. Or I'd have bunked with or swapped with another party in the group.

Like others, I really think the TA should be explaining and assisting with this issue. I would be very angry if the TA could not prove they did the booking correctly from day one. Even if the agency could show they did not cause the issue, I would never use the agency again if the agency did not go to bat for me immediately and vigorously.

Though tight, there appears to be a narrow pathway without going over the rollaway bed. I would not wish to pass through that tight space for a middle of the night trip to the bathroom, but healthy youngish people would be expected to escape in an emergency. Still, like others, I'd have camped in the solarium. Or I'd have bunked with or swapped with another party in the group.

Like others, I really think the TA should be explaining and assisting with this issue. I would be very angry if the TA could not prove they did the booking correctly from day one. Even if the agency could show they did not cause the issue, I would never use the agency again if the agency did not go to bat for me immediately and vigorously.

there was no pathway from the main bed to the bathroom without having to step over the bed. the rollout went from the foot of the fixed bed to the corner of the wall before the bathroom door.

healthy youngish? who's to say I don't panic, trip over the rollout bed hit my head on the dresser and knock myself out. I guess my heathly youngish wife and daughter could drag 240 pounds of me down the hall in an emergency situation.

Where are those fellow cruisers who would gladly sleep on their balcony?

I think a piece of the pie just came out. It was a group booking. My next cruise is a group booking and I have never felt more uncared for or distant from having someone to talk with about my reservation. In fact, I had to go to great lengths and dunning the TA for a booking number and confirmation of my booking. They said to check my credit card statement!! I had to call RCCL myself to see if my reservation even was made. And, because of the group booking I could not make any reservations for onboard dining or excursions until I paid the full balance. The RCCL website locked me out.

I think these group bookings are flaky to begin with and I won't do it again.

there was no pathway from the main bed to the bathroom without having to step over the bed. the rollout went from the foot of the fixed bed to the corner of the wall before the bathroom door.

healthy youngish? who's to say I don't panic, trip over the rollout bed hit my head on the dresser and knock myself out. I guess my heathly youngish wife and daughter could drag 240 pounds of me down the hall in an emergency situation.

I very am glad there was not an emergency, and presumably no panic, no loss of consciousness, and no dragging down the hall:eek:. Please understand that I am very sympathetic to your situation, and I did not mean to minimize the issue.

I am still quite curious if, early on, did you get Royal Caribbeans's invoices? Or just TA booking invoices? For that matter did you ever get real Royal Caribbean invoices? If you only saw the TA's paperwork, it is hard to know what and how the TA submitted the group bookings to the cruiseline to get discounted pricing and better group amenities (which may or may not have been passed to the group members).

I very am glad there was not an emergency, and presumably no panic, no loss of consciousness, and no dragging down the hall:eek:. Please understand that I am very sympathetic to your situation, and I did not mean to minimize the issue.

I am still quite curious if, early on, did you get Royal Caribbeans's invoices? Or just TA booking invoices? For that matter did you ever get real Royal Caribbean invoices? If you only saw the TA's paperwork, it is hard to know what and how the TA submitted the group bookings to the cruiseline to get discounted pricing and better group amenities (which may or may not have been passed to the group members).

never saw RC invoice only TA and whatever info is on the RC website when you log in.

just spoke with the VP....I think a fire was just started. and I recieved my first apology.

You mean to tell us that not ONE person (or couple) in a group of 25 had either a 3rd berth cabin or a sofa bed to either trade rooms or let you spend the night? Now THATS hard to believe.....not doubting your story but maybe your friends aren't very good friends LOL.:(

I was sort of thinking along the same lines, maybe friends had better cabins/locations and were not willing to change.....just a theory.

OP....I see you posted about contacting the VP....good for you...don't give up!!!!!

I was sort of thinking along the same lines, maybe friends had better cabins/locations and were not willing to change.....just a theory.

OP....I see you posted about contacting the VP....good for you...don't give up!!!!!

all other people in the group were in doubles...with the exception of the bride and groom and the grooms mother who was storing massive amounts of the brides luggage in her room whom also wanted to/should be on the same deck as them. Our cabin was 4 decks below. I actually only knew the bride/groom and grooms mother....however, the bride and groom made sure to ask everyone if they had a larger room...the bride also went to GS a few times without me knowing to complain about the situation.

The OP didn't say RCCL told them in a general way "to deal with it". It was in a poilite manner and may have been interpreted that way.

I think you are just responding again since no one agreed with you on your original post. I imagine most readers just rolled their eyes at your comment thinking "whatever". But then again.. everyone has a right to their opinion and is a "critic". :p

And for the third time I don't believe it...:rolleyes:

Is this even legal. I thought their were regulations on this. Once I wanted to take my 2 granddaughters on a cruise that was almost sold out. There were only double occupancy left. I offer to pay for third person and told them the two girls could share a bed. I was told no. It was against RCCL policy.

all other people in the group were in doubles...with the exception of the bride and groom and the grooms mother who was storing massive amounts of the brides luggage in her room whom also wanted to/should be on the same deck as them. Our cabin was 4 decks below.

So the mother of the bride was in a single? Is it possible that the TA doing the group booking put your child in the mother of brides room to avoid the single supplement? Thus RCI might not have known until you got on the ship that there were three in that room?

Sent from my DROID4 using Forums mobile app