My TA Nightmare

2boyzmom

My online TA took off with half my deposit and only paid NCL 1000 for upcoming cruise. I called NCL and they said no problem, just pay them directly. I called am ex and they are doing an inquiry to get back my missing $1000. Now I checked back with NCL web page and my reservation is gone! The idiots at American express screwed up somehow and got y deposit back from NCL. OMG- now on hold with NCL for 65 minutes praying I get my cabin back and my price :( What nightmare!!!

Edited by 2boyzmom

Oh my. Sorry you are having such a hassle. There was another thread recently about trouble with an online TA and deposits. Hopefully this is not a trend!

Good luck. I am sure NCL will work with you to get this straightened out.

OMG! Will send many good thoughts and prayers your way. You guys are too nice for something like this to happen to you!!! I am sure it will all work out.

My online TA took off with half my deposit and only paid NCL 1000 for upcoming cruise. I called NCL and they said no problem, just pay them directly. I called am ex and they are doing an inquiry to get back my missing $1000. Now I checked back with NCL web page and my reservation is gone! The idiots at American express screwed up somehow and got y deposit back from NCL. OMG- now on hold with NCL for 65 minutes praying I get my cabin back and my price :( What nightmare!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Just got off the phone with NCL- It was not American express who screwed up - "corporate NCL" cancelled the reservation yesterday from all this TA's accounts. I received no call or alert. Now they want me to pay $3000 more for this cabin even after I spoke to them 4 weeks ago to confirm my booking and check that they would honor pricing.! I am crying here- I am a platinum member of NCL and hoped they would honor the price. Yes he was cheaper than NCL all along, but not much cheaper than the 3 other quotes I received at the time of booking. They said they would get back to me tomorrow. My air is booked and I am devastated :(

Edited by 2boyzmom

According to an earlier post, NCL canceled all reservations made by a TA that is no longer in business.

While it sux, it's not like the OP was singled out for cancellation.

I would guess that this isn't the first or last time a TA went belly up and left clients in the lurch.

NCL probably has a policy for this.

Another good reason for using a PCC or a TA with a great reputation and always get travel insurance.

According to an earlier post, NCL canceled all reservations made by a TA that is no longer in business.

While it sux, it's not like the OP was singled out for cancellation.

I would guess that this isn't the first or last time a TA went belly up and left clients in the lurch.

NCL probably has a policy for this.

Another good reason for using a PCC or a TA with a great reputation and always get travel insurance.

And don't you think a notification from NCL would be appropriate????

Yes, a notice is warranted, but should they call each person? Email? Snail mail? The question is how many people were affected and what are the LEGAL requirements.

As stated earlier, I'm sure this isn't the first time. Give NCL a chance to rectify the situation.

Do you really expect them to honor a TA's price after the TA went out if business? The best I would hope for is the NCL rate that was in effect at the time of the original booking.

Edited by Walt724

If you use a TA the cancellation would come through them. NCL doesn't normally call a passenger that is booked through a TA. I'm not sure what NCL is supposed to do if a TA steals your money and doesn't pay the cruise line? Do you have insurance?

This is one of the possible issues that can occur when using a TA to "save" money. Not much chance for this to happen if booked directly. Perhaps the TA or his/her company is bonded??? Good luck!!

If you use a TA the cancellation would come through them. NCL doesn't normally call a passenger that is booked through a TA. I'm not sure what NCL is supposed to do if a TA steals your money and doesn't pay the cruise line? Do you have insurance?

This is one of the possible issues that can occur when using a TA to "save" money. Not much chance for this to happen if booked directly. Perhaps the TA or his/her company is bonded??? Good luck!!

I'm not concerned about getting my money back. I am concerned about NCL honoring the cruise fare. I am NCL advocate and hope they will be there for me!

If it is any help, I am rooting for you! I am sure that NCL won't let you down! Come on NCL, step up to the plate! Show that NCL cares about your customers!

Kim

I hope so too! There's no way I could pay the price quoted by NCL. My air is booked (non refundable). I go to every meet n greet and have always backed NCL. I will keep everyone posted with an update tomorrow.

How awful. Unfortunately, your story sounds eerily familiar. Just a few weeks back several posters had the same issue with a particular online TA who was playing games with their funds. NCL did step in and make things right once all the facts were known and it was clear what was happening. I am hopeful that your situation is resolved similarly.

I'm curious... was your online TA's office in Largo? If so, it's the same TA as the others were having the issue with. If memory serves me correctly, they had all made contact with him via the same website - the one that allows TAs to compete for business. That website has since severed their ties with him. If he is the same one you are in this situation with, I'm very happy to know that NCL has also seen the light, but very sad that these reservations were simply canceled without some notice to the consumers who had booked them.

Please keep us all posted as this unfolds. What an awful mess.

How awful. Unfortunately, your story sounds eerily familiar. Just a few weeks back several posters had the same issue with a particular online TA who was playing games with their funds. NCL did step in and make things right once all the facts were known and it was clear what was happening. I am hopeful that your situation is resolved similarly.

I'm curious... was your online TA's office in Largo? If so, it's the same TA as the others were having the issue with. If memory serves me correctly, they had all made contact with him via the same website - the one that allows TAs to compete for business. That website has since severed their ties with him. If he is the same one you are in this situation with, I'm very happy to know that NCL has also seen the light, but very sad that these reservations were simply canceled without some notice to the consumers who had booked them.

Please keep us all posted as this unfolds. What an awful mess.

Yes! That is him. I will look for the posts re:this. Thank you. I will update you once I hear from NCL tomorrow. Wish me luck :)

Yes! That is him. I will look for the posts re:this. Thank you. I will update you once I hear from NCL tomorrow. Wish me luck :)

Indeed I do wish you luck. I sincerely doubt that NCL will be willing to honor the same price as the TA offered, but perhaps they could find some way to be of help.

Here's a link to the thread a few weeks back detailing other cc member's experiences: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1920537&highlight=pay+pal

As an NCL Loyalist & frequent cheerleader, one thing I find highly disturbing is that this particular agent is STILL listed in the referrals section on the NCL webpage. :mad:

Please, NCL if you are monitoring this thread, REMOVE HIS AGENCY from your referral program on your website immediately!!! This kind of oversight is absolutely unacceptable, particularly considering that the issues with this TA have been obvious, and abundant, for a month! You've already cancelled all the reservations that originated through him, yet he is still shown as a trusted partner? C'mon, man!

I hope so too! There's no way I could pay the price quoted by NCL. My air is booked (non refundable). I go to every meet n greet and have always backed NCL. I will keep everyone posted with an update tomorrow.

Hey folks, this wonderful family was on my cruise in March. They were very active in our roll call, meet and greet and were very fun to cruise with. I have fingers crossed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

I'm not concerned about getting my money back. I am concerned about NCL honoring the cruise fare. I am NCL advocate and hope they will be there for me!

The problem with that is that NCL has not originally offered that rate, that's probably why you chose to deal with a middle man and not with NCL directly. I do feel for you and hope that you'll get somekind of resolution from NCL but I don't necessarily see why they should honour the fare promised to you by their (now unreliable proven) ex-partner whose intention was to use part of his comission for your payment - however I do feel that they should give you at least their own public fare that was in effect on your booking date.

Without looking, I'd guess that there are a lot of rules in NCL's T&C that make their recent actions "by the book" even though the customers are the ones taking the hit here - for example reservations are bound to be cancelled if all the required payments are not paid in time to NCL, etc. :(