Bringing soda on board?

Beachgal528

Hi, we normally cruise CCL where you are allowed a 12 pack of soda per person. I was just wondering if you could bring soda on NCL?

Thanks

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Depends on the port, not the cruise line. New Orleans does not allow porters to handle, but you can bring it inboard yourself.

This is all good to know. As the DW does not like can soda, could I tape 4 six packs of bottled soda together? Then slap a room tag on the side?

Also how do I go about getting my refrigerator in my cabin cleared out?

Thanks

When you get to your room, usually your room steward will introduce himself. You can ask him then. An other option is to go to guest service desk and ask for it.

Or lastly, do it yourself ....but if items go missing you will have to pay for it.....I prefer to have it emptied and be sure I will not get a charge for the mini bar. ( I had this problem on my first cruise :( )

This is all good to know. As the DW does not like can soda, could I tape 4 six packs of bottled soda together? Then slap a room tag on the side?

Also how do I go about getting my refrigerator in my cabin cleared out?

Thanks

You can try the taped together bit with the water, just remember they will be treated as any other piece of luggage (not to gently I'm afraid). They stack luggage many levels high on the baggage carts the load. Maybe 8-19 high with suitcases, if your water is on the bottom of the stack, might not be good?:eek:

Depends on the port, not the cruise line. New Orleans does not allow porters to handle, but you can bring it inboard yourself.

Can you pack it in luggage and they take the luggage?

I have cruised out of NOLA twice now (last time was last December) and have always taken soda with us. I have never packed them in a bag that I remember and I have never had any problems with them taking it. Can someone enlighten me? I have a cruise coming up from NOLA and will be taking soda with me. (I'm sorry, maybe it has been covered with me before, but my "student" brain is shot these days and I don't remember).

So, Port of Miami? Are they picky?

We just sailed out on Royal Caribbean a week ago and even though we were allowed 2 bottles of wine, they pulled me aside and really inspected our bottles. Has anyone had trouble bringing in sodas or bottled water at this particular port?

You can try the taped together bit with the water, just remember they will be treated as any other piece of luggage (not to gently I'm afraid). They stack luggage many levels high on the baggage carts the load. Maybe 8-19 high with suitcases, if your water is on the bottom of the stack, might not be good?:eek:

Hmm, well my plans are to bring at least a case of water. The 24 packs are already plastic wrapped. So unless I can find a plastic wrapped case of bottled soda, should I just pack it in one of the suitcases?

I haven't been on a cruise since the 90's. What is the security process like when boarding the cruise ship? Are you limited to the tiny amounts of liquids, like air travel? What if you are carrying, say a bottle of water that you are drinking from, while waiting? Do they let you through with that or make you trash it?

I haven't been on a cruise since the 90's. What is the security process like when boarding the cruise ship? Are you limited to the tiny amounts of liquids, like air travel? What if you are carrying, say a bottle of water that you are drinking from, while waiting? Do they let you through with that or make you trash it?

No limits. They might be interested about non-sealed containers in order to prevent alcohol smuggling onboard.

Just to be clear, in New Orleans you can carry as much water and soda on board as you wish with your carry one. It can be any way you wish, carry it, roll aboard, rolling cooler are all ok. I would worry about checked bags. There is certainly a chance they will break causing not only you a problem, but the other bags around yours. Also, probably almost a certainty to get you invited to the naughty room!!!:D

Can someone explain this "naughty room" I've seen mention of it in many threads, but no specifics.

If your checked luggage contains something that can be mistaken to alcohol bottles or other prohibited things when the piee of luggage is x-rayed, your bag won't come to your cabin but you are summoned to the naughty room (usually to wait in a long queue by the reports here) to open it and present the contents to security personnel and after the appropriate actions (sometimes none if it was a false positive) you need to haul it to your cabin yourself.

Archived