Rome Cabs transfer question

CruisemanBC

Our group of four has our flights booked and pre-cruise hotel in Rome reserved for our Med. cruise next April. We have decided to do transfers from the airport to hotel, hotel to port and port to airport. After doing research on this board we have decided to use Rome Cabs. My question is what do they consider a carryon? A purse or backpack or a small roll aboard bag. This would decide if we need to book a sedan or minivan. Thanks for the replies.

Logic tells me though with four people and luggage and carry ons that you should go with a mini van. A sedan would be too small.

Of course, you could contact them via e mail and let them know how many people are traveling and the quantity of luggage but I suspect they will say the same thing.

Keith

Our group of four has our flights booked and pre-cruise hotel in Rome reserved for our Med. cruise next April. We have decided to do transfers from the airport to hotel, hotel to port and port to airport. After doing research on this board we have decided to use Rome Cabs. My question is what do they consider a carryon? A purse or backpack or a small roll aboard bag. This would decide if we need to book a sedan or minivan. Thanks for the replies.

Just got back last night from Rome last night and used them for the same three transfers in reverse. We had just two people form the airport to hotel and had a Mercedes Sedan. From the port to Rome we had four and a Minivan and from Rome to Airport we had two people and they brought a minivan. There serve is spot on and i couldnt have been more happy with them. We had a 615am flight from Rome and they were there to get us at 310am even though i said 330am. The website does tell you how many bags they can carry but dont worry they will make it happen. Will use them for sure the next time we are in Rome.

A carry on would be something that you could not put on your lap. A purse or other small personal items would not be a carry on anything that would have to go in the trunk and could not easily go in front of you or on your lap would be a carry on.

Keith

Edited by Keith1010

I just used them last week and a carryon is basically the same size suitcase/bag that the airlines would consider a carryon. Just tell them how many suitcases/bags you have in total and they will determine what size vehicle to bring. I used them for airport to hotel, hotel to port and port to airport and I never had to request a specific vehicle.

In fact, the hotel to port transfer was for a total of 6 people and there were a total of 6 large suitcases (28" - 30"), 4 carryons (20" - 21") and an additional 4-5 carryons that were small enough to put on your lap. All of that including the 6 of us fit into a minivan.

We (2 of us ) used them last November for a transfer from the airport to our hotel in Rome. When I told them we had 2 large suitcases, 1 medium, and 2 roll-ons they told us to take a mini-van which was only 5 euros more than the sedan (50 vs. 55). We had plenty of room, they were on time, professional and even stopped at an ATM for us on the way in Rome. We will use them again next year.

A group of 6 of us have used romelimousineplus on our last 2 Med. cruises. We let them determine which size vehicle to supply as they do have different size vans and we have never had a problem. Their service and prices are hard to beat.:):):)

We recently returned from Rome and used RomeCabs for a transfer for 4 people from the port to our hotel in Rome. We had requested a minivan so luggage would be a non-issue. We also used them the following morning for a transfer for 2 people to the airport. The Mercedes Sedan had plenty of room for our 4 suitcases, one which was quite large, and our carry-ons.

I highly recommend this company. The drivers are friendly, knowledgeable and courteous. The cars are immaculate and the email correspondence has been very prompt and very detailed.

We arrived in the evening and wanted peace of mind, we couldn't have been more happy. This was our first time using Rome Cabs. We felt very secure and safe with the service provided. They got us to our Hotel in a timely and professional manner. As far as luggage goes, we had 2 large suitcases and 2 carry-ons. They picked us in a sedan (two passengers). Since we had large suitcases, only one of them would fit in the trunk with our carry-ons. They ended up putting one of large suit cases in the front seat with the driver. So if this helps in picking the type of vehicle. It would also help to mention in your request that luggage will be large so for planning purposes, they might provide a larger vehicle.

I will not hesitate in the future to use Rome Cabs again. Hopes this helps.

I'm a little nervous. There are 8 of us doing the hotel in Rome to the Pier. 8 large suitcases and 8 carry-ons. We are all friends and have cruised before. I hope we can all go in one large minivan.

Email stefano. He will tell you honestly if he can fit it all. We are 6 and travel with 1 large and 6 roll ons and 6 totes and easily fit but the 8 large cases I don't think so especially with the carryons.

The vans seat 9 people including the driver but it sounds like you need a van just for the luggage. Getting to the pier is not cheap for 8 people and you may just need a van plus a sedan but if you email stefano he might be able to secure a mini bus type of thing for you because the 9 seater van is not going to fit everyone and everything

I'm a little nervous. There are 8 of us doing the hotel in Rome to the Pier. 8 large suitcases and 8 carry-ons. We are all friends and have cruised before. I hope we can all go in one large minivan.

On this past November for our trip from port to downtown Rome - RomeCabs sent a mini bus for 8 people. Each of us had a large suitecase and one carry-on bag.

RomeCabs is the best in my opinion. We used their service 2 years ago and again this year. They are very dependable and early on each pick up.

Truyen

• 2 weeks later...

We once again used RomeCabs on December 1 for a group of 7 from FCO to the port. Our Delta flight was delayed by more than a half hour and I was worried that they would pick up the other passengers from a different flight and also at a airport hotel and not wait for us! Wrong...........the driver was standing at the "Waiting Place" with a sign with my name and he knew in advance that the flight would be late. We were so relieved.

A van can fit up to 8 people with 8 large suite cases and 8 roller-boards. Purses, backpacks and electronic equipment will have to fit on you lap or under your feet. With 7 this time it was not a problem and in the past we have done 8 people a number of times and everything fit. Of course, the size of the people will have to be taken into consideration.

I highly recommend RomeCabs and the owner, Stephano is the best as are the drivers. Courteous, informative and terrific driving skills!!!!!!!!!! Need I say more? They can help you anywhere in Italy.:)

We used RomeCabs also and were very happy with the service. The drivers were great. We used them for our transfer into Rome from airport and alsofrom Rome to cruiseport. Prompt and friendly drivers. This was the end of October.

Edited by fuzzywuzzy

Another thumbs up for Rome Cabs. We had joined with 2 other couples on our Roll Call (all at different hotels near the Vatican). We were scheduled for pick-up at 15 minute intervals.

The morning of departure, my friend and I were enjoying coffee and continental breakfast at our hotel, when the receptionist came over and said I had a phone call. At first I started to panic thinking something had happened at home as that was the only people that knew where I was. When I got to the phone, it was the driver from Rome Cabs confirming our pick-up time. I was totally impressed.

He arrived early in the pouring rain, rushed us to the van, then proceeded to load our luggage himself in the pouring rain. He wasn't too talkative on the drive to Civitavecchia as he concentrated on the drive and other traffic in the rain. As we neared the port, the rain stopped, the sun came out and and he joked that it was Roman sunshine greeting us for our cruise, and we DID HAVE beautiful weather until we ended in Venice 12 days later and arrived to 3 days of rain and it followed us for 2 more days to Paris. We came home a couple of drowned rats. But it was a glorious trip!

We used RomeCabs service from the Rome Airport Hilton hotel to our cruise ship in Civitavecchia. The driver was prompt and very friendly when he arrived to pick us up. He answered our questions about the area during our pleasant drive. We were dropped off right at the ship,the Celebrity Silhouette, where our luggage was taken from the car directly to the ship. We found the price to be reasonable and about the same as the cruise ship bus transfer cost. Without the hassle of climbing on a bus and waiting for everyone to board. Instead we had our own private car and driver. We would highly recommend Rome Cabs and will definitely use their service again.