Where's the Lobster?

The only way to get great lobster is to come to New England during the summer and find a good roadside shack that serves fresh cooked lobster. There are dozens of them on the NH and Maine coastline.

Anything else is just a pale imitation.

The only way those lobster tails on the fisherman's platter got anywhere near Maine is if it was a New England cruise!

LMAO. We have had lobster on RCL cruises ranging from excellent to downright awful. Have had both Carribean and Maine lobster tails.

So the true ansewr is you never know what to expect????:eek:

Just off the Grandeur today, and I had the best (and biggest!) lobster tail that I've ever had on a cruise ship. It was really tasty and served with tiger shrimp on the second formal night. The lobster tails were so large that no one at my table asked for seconds. Often they're very small and I've seen several people eat two or three. It was my favorite meal on this cruise.

OK, just returned from a 4 day on the Majesty of the Seas and I was a bit disappointed to find out that there is no lobster on formal night. You could purchase a steak and lobster dinner any night (for $40) but wasn't offered as a "standard menu item" otherwise.

Now I've never done a 4 day cruise before and I've only sailed once before on Royal but I don't EVER remember not having lobster offered on formal night. In fact the last Carnival cruise I was on, someone ate 18 lobsters in one sitting. Is it just Royal or is that standard for short cruises???

Did they serve shrimps though? The kind in a glass with ketchup?

Usually, lobstertail is served on longer, Caribbean/American cruises.....you won't find a whole lobster! It's normally a rock lobster...not quite the same as a Maine Lobstertail!

Oh, well....it's not a huge deal.

You can find lobstertails in any grocery store....they are quite easy to cook!

Now that B-52's song is stuck in my head!!!:eek::D;)

As previously stated, it is served on US based itineraries of 5 nights or longer.

So we should have the "lobster" option on our 5 night Brilliance cruise (out of Tampa)?? Even if it only has 1 formal night (at least that's my understanding)?? We have never done shorter than 6 nights (IOS)....

I'm pretty sure some in our party will be disappointed if they don't get the "lobster" option :(.

So we should have the "lobster" option on our 5 night Brilliance cruise (out of Tampa)?? Even if it only has 1 formal night (at least that's my understanding)?? We have never done shorter than 6 nights (IOS)....

I'm pretty sure some in our party will be disappointed if they don't get the "lobster" option :(.

We did the 5 night on the Jewel out of Tampa last March and yes there was only one formal night and yes we did have the fisherman's plate (lobster and shrimp) one night.

That would be correct, and as confirmed by Ourusualbeach. We had it on our 5-night Bermuda cruise on Explorer in 2012.