RCI Issues

TC1957

I am also having a serious problem with RC and their web site.

So much so I am thinking of canceling cruises. Also, for those of you who think this is funny…………their web site is now wide open for other types of problems….you can just guess what………….hope it doesn't or has not happened.

So much so I am thinking of canceling cruises. Also, for those of you who think this is funny…………their web site is now wide open for other types of problems….you can just guess what………….hope it doesn't or has not happened.

I don't think it's funny. However my advice is to not even try to look at it for a week or so. I have logged in and cannot find any problems with it and I have 6 reservations. BYW what are the "other types of problems….you can just guess what…………." am I the only one that dosent get what you are talking about?

Thanks Saurian for providing a way to get to my reservation. I really appreciate it.

Just wish customer service had the knowledge to help instead of being clueless...I emailed earlier this week with no response then when I called this morning the response I received was just keep trying every other day it will eventually be fixed.

Really. Cancelling a cruise when all you need to do is to pick up the phone and talk to a rep in person. They are very helpful.

I don't think it's funny. However my advice is to not even try to look at it for a week or so. I have logged in and cannot find any problems with it and I have 6 reservations. BYW what are the "other types of problems….you can just guess what…………." am I the only one that dosent get what you are talking about?

I think the poster may be concerned about possible security issues with personal information. I have no idea whether that is a valid concern or not.

I decided to pay the $4.90 balance that showed up on my reservation on October 29. It posted to my credit card. On October 31 I had a credit for $4.90. My cruise still shows a $4.90 balance. Go figure.

Edited by annabell08

Gee, I'm sorry, I was trying to help someone.

Yeah, considering you do not know me, nor my schedule and how busy I am or not, 43 days is the blink of an eye.

Especially when RCI does not know when the system will really be fixed.

Oh yeah, I like to be organized so there are no problems when I am finally on vacation (first time away from my property/work in 3 YEARS).

So I'm sorry if my hard work to fix my problem, and help other people bothered you.

You can't be that busy if you're trolling these boards, lol.

Edited by Tripper10

the day before we sailed on 29th Oct our online account showed we owed over £800. Who cares, we knew we had paid.

We arrived at check-in signed the paperwork, boarded the ship and had a great time. I took our receipts with us - I agree the was a system issue. As an ex- programme manager who worked on Y2k bug fixes I would have been sacked for the system issues. But they happen.

Carry on cruising.

Bottom line is, don't come on the Royal Caribbean thread and criticize any problem you have/had with Royal Caribbean. You'll get criticized, your problem trivialized and you will be told that the problem is you!

There are actually several active threads right now where RCI is getting slapped around pretty well.

After 40 years of working in IT...I do have to say that the RCCL and the Obamacare web sites are about the worst I've had to deal with. As the saying goes, garbage in, garbage out, meaning bad programming delivers bad results.

After 40 years of working in IT...I do have to say that the RCCL and the Obamacare web sites are about the worst I've had to deal with. As the saying goes, garbage in, garbage out, meaning bad programming delivers bad results.

Well if you've been that long in IT, I'm surprised you point the finger at the programmers. Garbage specifications equal garbage code, garbage IT analysis equals garbage specifications, garbage business requirements equals garbage IT analysis......

I decided to pay the $4.90 balance that showed up on my reservation on October 29. It posted to my credit card. On October 31 I had a credit for $4.90. My cruise still shows a $4.90 balance. Go figure.

My too, well except they didn't credit mine...yet. I check my reservation several times a day just making sure it hasn't been cancelled due having a balance.

First, does not matter how long it is before I sail on my next RCI cruise. In my opinion, you don't roll out web site enhancements unless it has been tested extensively or it is a government site. I worked for a very small company years ago (especially when compared to RCI) and when we had our site re-designed we kept our old site active for a week as a back-up. Not sure exactly how they did it as I am not an IT guru, but when the new site crashed on day two the company simply redirected the link to the old site.

I am an IT guru, and some upgrades you just can't roll back out of. If there's changes to the reservation system as well as the website, well, you pretty much have to convert all at once and if the website front end isn't happy, you can't got back to the old one because it just doesn't work with the new reservation system. And often the amount of testing that can be done with a new system is pretty limited, especially against load-related problems.

Does their IT staff moonlight for the US government and work on the heathcare website? On the phone now with them because

I cannot log in to view my reservation. Seems they are doing "enhancements" and are surprised to discover that it is having repercussions in many areas and impacting on-screen displys of information. The problem should be resolved IN ABOUT A WEEK!

Are you kidding me? Have they ever heard of a test environment?

I agree the website is clunky as all get out. Tried searching my upcoming cruise on the opening page, not easy. Finally booked mine on Expedia, much easier to shop and compare. Once booked I go to the Royal C website and try to reserve shows. After an hour only reserved one. Not due to sold out but due to being re-looped. I think the situation has to do with when you are making money hand over fist, details of the business are picayune.

Well if you've been that long in IT, I'm surprised you point the finger at the programmers. Garbage specifications equal garbage code, garbage IT analysis equals garbage specifications, garbage business requirements equals garbage IT analysis......

the leg bone connected

to the knee bone,

and the knee bone connected

to the thigh bone,

and the thigh bone connected

to the hip bone.

Does their IT staff moonlight for the US government and work on the heathcare website? On the phone now with them because

I cannot log in to view my reservation. Seems they are doing "enhancements" and are surprised to discover that it is having repercussions in many areas and impacting on-screen displys of information. The problem should be resolved IN ABOUT A WEEK!

Are you kidding me? Have they ever heard of a test environment?

Your situation is a Carnival, NCL, Celebrity, Princess..fill in the blank issue. :D:D:D

Why is it when people complain about customer service, there is never a mention of having the name of the person or persons, that provided sub par service. (Of course not to be mentioned by name specifically on any website or in a forum).

If it is a concern, ask to speak to someone else while on your call and let the next person know, if businesses have no idea who is not providing great customer service, it will never be fixed.

I just hope none of you ever have to read reviews regarding your company or business.

perhaps just reboot your computer or clear your cookies...no problems here..I can see all 6 future reservations. No problems...havent had any problems either...but gee have seen some really poor attitudes on here and its not customer service at royal caribbean either...

walgreens must have ran out of chill pills or something...

I have the problem where my reservation says that only those made through the my cruise section of the rccl website can be modified there, but that is where i made my reservation. Emailed C&A about a week ago with no response as of yet. Sail date isn't close so I'm not too concerned but I'd like to make payments which I'm currently unable to do.

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Forums mobile app